Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YourHairShop.com ... advice please : )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YourHairShop.com ... advice please : )
    Posted: October 26 2006 at 3:57pm

Because I am being threatened by someone to post things on HairTalk I thought I’d get to it first : ) Here are all of the exact emails as they came in with dates and times. The first inquiry came in at about 4pm Last Thursday West Coast time. Since the email was sent late on Thursday it didn’t even come in here until Friday. Although we typically return emails in 24 hours Monday-Friday from time to time we may not be able to get to an email and it may take an extra day. Friday was extremely busy with clients, emails etc… We were unfortunately not able to get back to her but we did on the very next business day which was Monday. I answered her first email on Monday and then as I continued to answer emails I found a second one from her sent at 5:40am on Monday telling me off for not responding.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:56 PM
To: 'Info@yourhairshop.com'
Subject: Help with placing an order???
Importance: High

Kristen:

Hi..Read numerous messages both on myspace and on hairtalk regarding the "D-Lux hair. I am a hair stylist/extensionist and have been wearing fusion (gun with Monkey Barrz adhesive) with Bohyme (613/27)) on myself for over 10 years and would like to try your fusion system with the wand.. 

I normally order a colour for myself that is mixed 27 (blond) and #4 brown..I am interested in something similar..It almost looks like a girl listed on your picture page at the bottom but the colour you list does not make sense of the colour it turned out..Could you have missed adding in a colour you used? it almost appears you missed the blond colour added as the colours listed (#2 & #4) are both dark brown colours but they appear in the picture to have blond streaks? (picture attached below)

I am interested in ordering the u-tipped D-LUX hair..

Also, what fusion wand do you recommend for regular fusion with u tips? (Temperature Control Straight Handle Wand)? Also type of removal plyers?

Also, when do you expect to have back in stock your finger protectors? I should probably wait to have that included in my order correct?

How do you recommend I pre-tip a U-TIP with D-LUX hair, you don't have this information on your website? I would like to only do regular fusion.

How long does international usually take to arrive to Canada and how do I go about placing an order properly for here?

I will also be placing a large order of other things once I get back the required information.

Anxiously awaiting your response, thanking you in advance, sorry for all the questions

Cheers,

Sue-Anne

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 4:55 PM
To: 'Sue
Subject: RE: Help with placing an order???

Hi there,

The attached client picture does have some streaks of #613 in it.  I use the new temperature control wand. I don’t typically change the temperature but I love the flat plates. The plates are also a little more narrow which means the bonds will be slightly smaller. To remove them I use the ridged removal pliers. I put up the finger protectors back up in stock today so you can order them when you’re ready.

What do you mean by pre-tipping U-tip hair? It is already tipped and ready to install. Canada shipping is fairly quick- usually 1-2 weeks. Please remember international customers must add an international shipping option from the ‘shipping options’ page. You can also add Priority Mail or Express Mail which can make your shipping even quicker.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

I was replying to quite a few emails from oldest to newest so later I came across this second email:

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 5:41 AM
To: Info@yourhairshop.com
Subject: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT

I sent the message below last week and was disappointed that I have not heard back from you yet...I guess in my line of business, answering inquiries with an online store is critical, I hope this was just overlooked on your behalf..Again, anxiously awaiting, good business is answering client inquiries, I also wanted to place this order last week and did not hear from you..At least respond that you would like me to take my business elsewhere!! I would hate to have to go online to the extension site and place a message that you do not respond to emails? Hopefully this was an error?I did notice a few people complaining online about you not responding to them??? 

Please keep in mind that she had only made one attempt to contact me before telling me off and I was only one business day 'late' responding. This is what I wrote her back:

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT

We do not appreciate you putting down our efforts to give everyone full attention and in depth responses. Your email came in late in the afternoon and after we had responded to all of our Thursday emails. Typically we would have responded on Friday but we had over 30 emails so it was delayed by one business day. We try to write everyone back in depth to help answer all of their questions and from time to time we cannot get to all of the emails in one day and it may take us two. We are closed on the weekends as our site says so you cannot hold that against us. You were emailed back earlier today.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:09 AM
To: Info@YourHairShop.com
Subject: RE: Help with placing an order???

I meant you show on your website how to pre-tip "I" hair but not U-tipped!! How is that done?

Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:16 AM
Subject: RE: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT

I was putting down your efforts cause I have spoken to many people on the "Hairtalk" and they are the ones that told me you are terrible with returning emails and in fact some people have not even received a response back from you..To me that is bad business and does not put trust in someone spending money with your company!!!

I was merely going off your constantly telling people that you return emails within 24 hours when that in fact was not what you did with my inquiry.

I have a policy of 24 hours returning calls or emails in my business and just thought it was strange that you go off he same policy yet took almost 5 days to respond to me, regardless of how many emails you claim came in..

It left a bad taste in my mouth on doing business with such a business. Hair Talk I am sure contributes to part of your business and it would be awful for that reputation to be tarnished, you should stay true to your word and keep the 24 hour response regardless of whether or not you have 300 emails to respond to in one day!!! A reputation it hard to keep with bad business ethics!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

First of all, I said I got about 30 emails- not 300. I have no idea where she got 300 from. Don't you think this last email came across loud and clear that she didn't want to do business with me??? "To me that is bad business and does not put trust in someone spending money with your company!!!" and "It left a bad taste in my mouth on doing business with such a business."  At this point I've been threatened and told that I run a horrible business. Below is another email that came in from her but after her last email I couldn't possibly think she wanted to do business with me nor do I want to with her now. I did not respond to this one:  

Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 9:09 AM
Subject: Help with placing an order???

I am seeking to place an order today regarding D-Lux Karatin tipped Body Wave Hair (as I want to order your fusion wand) but the colour I want is listed but not on the drop down list being : D8A/14B..

Do you have this colour available and also does it only come in 22"? I am interested in the U-tip only for fusion and body wave!!

Cheers

Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:42 AM
Subject: FW: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT AFTER 48 HOURS OF NO RESPONSE!!!

Again we seem to be having this problem of no-one returning my email inquiries ? If your not interested in my business, I will be happy to take my business elsewhere, I have again waited over 48 hours to hear back and still no response!!!

Again, I urgently would like to place an order, hopefully you can get through your 300 other emails (as you stated your last excuse)  and respond back to this email??? I don't have a problem ordering Bohyme hair from Sherrie or someone else, should you not want my business?

I responded to the above email with this:

Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:30 PM

Subject: RE: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT AFTER 48 HOURS OF NO RESPONSE!!!

We received your last email but it came across as if you did not wish to do business with us so it was not responded to. Those you have spoken of online claiming that they didn’t get a response were trying PM me on HairTalk which went to my personal yahoo account and one other was trying to message me on HairCandy.net which has been down for over a year now. Once they emailed us at the correct email address they received a response immediately.  We are very good at responding all emails.  Threatening us to post on HairTalk does not make us want to help you anymore and I’m sure you know the old saying ‘You’ll attract more flies with sugar than vinegar’. Your threats, put downs and sarcasm does not make want to bend over backwards to help you.  

Our return emails are not guaranteed with in 24 hours as you stated. We have never said that. What I have said is that we typically get back to emails with in 24 hours. This is not a guarantee- it’s ‘typical’. Our site also states that we are closed on weekends so obviously we are not available to respond.

I’m more than happy to help anyone who needs it- even if it doesn’t relate to my website. If you’d like to write me back with no sarcasm, threats or put downs I would be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: RE: Help with placing an order??? 2ND ATTEMPT AFTER 48 HOURS OF NO RESPONSE!!!

If you read my message at the bottom, where do you come off with me not wanting to do business with you other than asking a question and stating I wanted to place an order???

You have a terrible business attitude and I think as a business owner you should take some human resource courses to help with your terrible customer service skills...I am sorry if this seems harsh to you but again its over 48 hours you did not respond and I had to yet send a second email to get a response which did not include answering my question with respect to placing an order...

If you think that this is not documented and will not be used against you all over the web...Trust me, your very wrong..I will do everything in my power and trust me, it will hurt business for you!! Take that as a threat!!

I hope you do intend to take my advice and take some sort of customer service courses as this is a very poor way of doing business, just as you changed emails on the hair site to reflect the mistakes you had made on "Bohyme" accusing another member of not selling legit Bohyme, it was poor tactics to gain business and we do acknowledge what type of person you really are Kristin, let it be known that if you were the last person on earth to buy hair supplies from, I would die bald, but fortunately for myself, I will take my rather large order of over $1,000 to someone else!!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, it will come back to you full force and leave you homeless!!

Have a good day

First of all the Bohyme thing was not a mistake and I stand by it 100%. The UK Bohyme company and US Bohyme company (owner of Bohyme.com) are not related in any way. Sherrie buys from the US Bohyme  distributer and I'm sure she can tell you that they are not the same company. Pointing out that the two companies were not related was never meant to hurt anyone and I thought this topic had died a LONG time ago.  I do try really hard to help any and everyone. I'm terribly sorry that sometimes it may take me longer than 24 hours to respond to an email but it's rare. I hired a new assistant last week and I've been training her this week. We are hoping to get a customer service line up and running shortly.

At least we'll have lots to talk about at the Lunch-in this weekend OC and LA ladies! I'll bring my laptop computer with me so you can see these emails first hand! Haha... this is going to be so much fun. I'm packing a suitcase of goodies to bring : )

~Kristin

Edited by Cali-Kristin - October 26 2006 at 3:59pm
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 4:26pm
I'm sorry but this sounds fake, I think that person emailing you isn't really named Sue-Anne, but proabably someone who really hates you personally.

...." poor tactics to gain business and we do acknowledge what type of person you really are Kristin,.... <- this shows it was a personal attack, using your name.

..I will do everything in my power and trust me, it will hurt business for you!! Take that as a threat!!
Some is obviously mad about something, and it looks like they are stalking you, know that you come to this website and looking up your MySpace account.
If you can I suggest recording their IP address and holding onto it just incase you need to file a complaint with their ISP, or the police.

???
Just my 2 cents!!!    <- Didn't "what's his name" used to say that alot?

Edited by Poose - October 26 2006 at 4:33pm
^..^
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 4:38pm
The IP of these emails are so easy to find within the email itself.

My advice... when email start turning this aggressive from the get-go and the order eventually comes in, I hit refund and don't do business with them. If eating establishment rules can be "No shirt, no shoes, no service" ours can be "No personality, no patience, no product."
Rocket22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 4:50pm

I haven't heard anyone! on here complaining about your customer service!!!  I have always heard how great your customer service is?????  So really don't know what she is talking about?   That is strange to me?  And I think she totally jumped the gun on this with her nasty response!  Now why would she think after that you would want to sell her hair??  Hell I emailed a company last week about hair prices and still haven't heard a thing???  But I certainly wouldn't send them a nasty letter????? 

Edited by Rocket22 - October 26 2006 at 4:51pm
Current Install: European hair two rows triple wefted on bottom double wefted on top, with Protac
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 4:57pm
Just for the record, I have never experienced anything other than excellent customer service, fast replys to my e-mails, and polite interactions with Kristen.

I think that people have this fantasy that others sit at their computers all day answering e-mails, and that because e-mails arrive nearly instantaneously, they should be answered just as fast.   I've had students get upset that an e-mail sent on Friday night wasn't answered until Monday morning.

I have a two business day response policy and if I don't respond within that time, I ask that the student re-send the e-mail with the assumption that I did not receive the first one.   Sometimes, my spam filter will catch e-mails and so never receive them.   I don't think anyone should assume that just because they sent an e-mail that it was actually received, nor should they assume that the recipient will immediately respond. 

I also think that threatening someone's ability to make a living over a slow response time for e-mails is uncalled for.  I would have re-sent the first e-mail with a note saying that I didn't know whether the first one was received.  Then, if the second note wasn't responded to, I would just go elsewhere. 

People forget that there are real people on the other end of the computer and that the basic rules of common courtesy apply online just like they do in real life.
Hair type: 1a/f/i
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 5:30pm
well put mosterita....

Wow, that last email was pretty extreme....people CAN get very irrate when they 'think' your ignoring them or intentionally or purposely not answering them back timely enough to their satisfaction. Its very dificult if not impossible to please everybody all the time. And sometimes I think that people forget the human factor as monsterita explained.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 5:58pm

well good grief kristin, you mean you dont go around with head gear attached to your blackberry to cater to this ONE psycho's immediate need for answers to questions that are 1. odd, coming from someone that claims to do extensions for a living AND reads these boards ('how do you pretip your u-hair'??) and 2.monotonous ......(sorry, i quit reading before even halfway through up there

when you know you have put forth a good effort to help, and people continue to pick pick pick....its time to close that door

Edited by nursie - October 26 2006 at 5:59pm
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 6:36pm
Hi Kristin,
Some people are just nuts, this girl thinks she is the center of the world! Miss "24h policy", yeah right... wouldn't want to be her boyfriend!!!
Some people have time to waste their energy on nothing, let's not do the same!!!
I still haven't heard back from hairandextensions.com, after nore tons of emails and phone calls, ... and you know what? I would never want to yell at them or anything or write nasty emails...who does that kind of thing?!!
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 6:47pm
Everyone is so mean these days are world has become a fast service, fast attitude kind of world.  If someone took time to respond to my emails I would just assume they never recieved them or were to busy to get to it right away.  Even if someone never responded I wouldn't be upset. 

Edited by juliap - October 26 2006 at 6:56pm
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by nursie nursie wrote:

well good grief kristin, you mean you dont go around with head gear attached to your blackberry to cater to this ONE psycho's immediate need for answers to questions that are 1. odd, coming from someone that claims to do extensions for a living AND reads these boards ('how do you pretip your u-hair'??) and 2.monotonous ......(sorry, i quit reading before even halfway through up there

when you know you have put forth a good effort to help, and people continue to pick pick pick....its time to close that door

AMEN!!
Yeah...I noticed the "I'm a professional, but I have no clue and I'm only ordering supplies for MY hair"
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 8:26pm

You ladies are all so great- always there when I need you! THANK YOU! 

I apologize for not getting back to you all sooner but I had a client *gasp!*(haha... OMG- I'm a real person with things to do!). Thank you all for your uplifting responses. I guess it's true that you can't please everyone. With her threats to slander my name I thought it was highly necessary to post all emails so everyone could see the exact conversation before she posted. It's really a shame because I would have been happy to help her. 

Poose- It's weird. I really don't know what I could have done to anyone to frustrate them so quickly :o/

Amm- Thanks for your kind words. I love that saying, "No personality, no patience, no product." I think I'll frame that in my office :O)

Rocket- I've emailed plenty of hair places online and I probably get 1 out of 10 responded to. This goes for other websites too. If I had tried to write a business and not gotten a response I would re-send it again. I have gotten a couple emails in the past from customers saying that they are making their second attempt to contact me. Most of the time I'll do a quick search and don’t find a first email- even then I'm apologetic and I let them know I'm sorry that for some reason I didn't get the first one.

Monsterita- Thank you! It’s true that many people assume that because emails can be sent so quickly that they should be responded to in the same manner. I’m sorry but I’m just one person ;o) I remember when I got an email a while back with a subject like ‘This is my sixth time writing you!!!!!’ I opened the email and she immediately ripped me a new one saying I didn’t respond to any of her emails or her boyfriends (who she also got to email me). When I looked at my emails she had sent me ALL of those emails with in about 5 hours. I had only been off of my computer overnight and had managed to get her all worked up- even having her boyfriend write me! I politely emailed her back letting her know that just because she emails us 6 times with in a couple hours that it doesn’t make me get to the computer any faster ;o)

Sherrie- I agree. I’m sure you’ve got similar stories :O)

Nursie- Thank you. I do have a sidekick III but I’ll be darned if I ever link that to my website… haha…

Frenchie- Exactly! : )

Julia- Me too!

Gina- Hehe… I caught that too ;o) You’re puppy is adorable! My puppy would love to play with him/her! This is my little Lucy La Rue… Giddy Up Cowgirl!!!

Edited by Cali-Kristin - October 26 2006 at 8:27pm
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 8:50pm
Aww...
Lucy La Rue and Roxy "Rojita Bonita" Balboa

I can't believe you have time to post and keep up with a pup!...Shouldn't you be answering emails?Evil%20Smile BACK TO WORK *sound of whip cracking*
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 9:18pm

LMAO! She's going to be a dinosaur for Halloween. I'll make sure to post some pictures.

p.s. I was behind the camera in the above picture... the hairy legs belong to my little bro and company ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 9:20pm
Oh and If you missed my cat from last year... she was featured on  StuffonmyCat.com!!

Happy Halloween!

Edited by Cali-Kristin - October 26 2006 at 9:20pm
hflsales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hflsales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 10:26pm
Kristin,

I emailed you the other day with a question & got a response within about an hour! I run an online business also (selling high heels) and let me tell you, I get the NASTIEST emails sometimes! Yesterday I got one that was so bad that I couldn't even post it here. All because UPS wouldn't leave their package outside their apartment when they weren't home.  The guy told me he would go to the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that would listen that I am a TERRIBLE company.

Anyway, I sympathise with you. Don't let it bother you because this most likely won't be the last nasty email you get. There are so many nutcases out there on the internet!!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:01pm

I would almost guess its a member.I agree with amm about tracking their IP address.Dont even think twice about it though.Everyone knows how great of a job your doing.

:For instance I really appreciated that you sent me a sample even though you had already sent more out than you were going to.I honestly thought I'd missed the boat.So I was pleasantly suprised when I got my sample of your new u-tip d-lux.Thanks KristinSmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:25pm
hflsales: Thank you. I know every business goes through it.

p.s. I'm a sucker for shoes! What's your website?
    I'd love to check it out     :oD

LHD: I'm on it ;o) I opened a couple more packs of hair so if anyone else needs a sample I'll be shipping more out tomorrow or Monday. The information for the sample is on this page:

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:27pm
Hey Kristin,

On a completely different note.. I wanna order some hair from you.. can we do this so I pay you for it now, and instead of shipping it you bring it with you Sunday??? (oh please oh please???)

Edited by Divavocals - October 27 2006 at 2:44am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
hflsales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hflsales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:35pm
Kristin,

Here is one of my websites (I have more)
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by hflsales hflsales wrote:

Kristin,

Here is one of my websites (I have more)
C.F.M. shoes!!! Ooooooooo.... I LOVE IT!!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClap
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic