Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SOCAP extensions finally out...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOCAP extensions finally out...
    Posted: October 29 2006 at 6:57pm
Okay I finally got my SOCAP extensions out on Friday after 3 1/2 months.  WOW IS MY HAIR COMPLETELY TRASHED.  The salon that took them out was in shock at how they were installed-don't know how or what.  Anyways I showed them the brush I received and they told me it was not the right brush to be using.  I guess thats what made up for a lot of the matting. 

I had absolute AWFUL matting and tangles in my hair and root area. My hair used to be really really thick and now its BABY FINE and a mess!!  I got the extensions hoping to be able to grow my hair out.  I am sooo sad when I put my hair in a ponytail and have to wrap it a million times.  I used to only be able to wrap it a few times because my hair is naturally thick.  Cry

I miss having my OWN NATURAL long hair.  My hair has been killing my self esteem.   

Is my hair going to grow back?!  I mean its not like it was cut out but yanked from my scalp.  I was in such pain as they were getting the extensions and the matting out.  I was even crying becaue I knew my hair was going to be a disaster. ...They thought I was crying because it hurt but little did they know it was because I knew I was going to hate my hair!

So the damage: 500 dollars for removal, 1,200 for the extensionsDead

Well tomorrow I am installing my first set of extensions using LG with Bohyme hair from Sherrie.  I hope LG is gentle enough for my hair and I hope I don't end up looking like a mushroom head. 

I will never ever do fusion again. 

will LG rip out my hair at all?  Im nervous Confused

Sorry for the long post...Sleepy need some supportCry

I'll try to post pictures tomorow

Edited by JayKay - October 29 2006 at 6:59pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:04pm
oh dear JayKay, im so sorry about your hair!
but, in your post you already have good news....you arent going back to let anyone do that sh!t to your hair again!
remember to shampoo and no conditioner tommorrow before you install

LG wont rip out your hair, trying to remove it too quickly will....go slow when its time

what color and length hair will you be installing tommorrow? go to sleep tonight thinking of all the stuff you can buy with the money you are going to save and cant wait to see your new install !
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:05pm
oh my gosh girl...they charged you $500 for removal???  And what type of a brush were you using? The brush itself shouldnt have caused the matting and tangling. Were you keeping the strands separated? Were they being careful when the did the removal? It shouldnt have been so painful.  Im so so sorry girl, that you have had this horrible experience. Takedown will be much gentler with LG, but wont last 3 months.
JayKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:24pm

Nursie..thanks for the encouragement!  I am installing a blonde color with some dark color..so im going to try a contrast type look with dark on the bottoom rows.  We'll see how this turns out..might turn out scary and I may need a few tries before I get it right but thats okay. lol

Sherrie, Yeah 500 dollars! My grandma who's 80 years old went with me and paid.  I looovee granny.Smile She has her beauty license and used to do hair back in the day and was in shock at how much it was. They asked if she wanted to give a tip and she said no. lol  I'm not sure what type of brush it was I'm sure a lot of it was my fault too but I learned my lesson with fusion.  They were not careful at all when they did the removal.  It was extremely painful and my scalp was on fire.  Some girls that werent even certified in extensions and knew nothing about them were working on my hair as well.  I kept complaining to them!   I know LG won't last as long but thats fine with me.Smile

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:26pm
if you havent already, you need to get one of those looper brushes :)
barbielocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 8:08pm
hi i do socap. sory about your experiance. it really should not have happened. i have had lots of people grow there hair out using this. the first thing is the salon should not of told you that 3 1/2 months was ok. i tell people that tha max is 2-3! anything after that will be damaging. i also can not believe they charged you 500 to take them out! that is crazy!! i assure that when done proplery and with care this does not happen. the removal is also important as to not cause damage. did you have hair check ups inbetween to check the health of your hair? you should at least 1x a month to make sure no damage is happening. also what kind of brush were you using? did they tell you to do how care and maintence inbetween? sometimes your hair will feel less after you take it out but it is usally because you are used to having so much in! this is really sad about your experiance and might be that the person who did it did not have enough experiance. that is really sad this happened because it gives the company a bad name. i assure you that what happened toyou is not always the case.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by JayKay JayKay wrote:

Nursie..thanks for the encouragement!  I am installing a blonde color with some dark color..so im going to try a contrast type look with dark on the bottoom rows.  We'll see how this turns out..might turn out scary and I may need a few tries before I get it right but thats okay. lol

Sherrie, Yeah 500 dollars! My grandma who's 80 years old went with me and paid.  I looovee granny.Smile She has her beauty license and used to do hair back in the day and was in shock at how much it was. They asked if she wanted to give a tip and she said no. lol  I'm not sure what type of brush it was I'm sure a lot of it was my fault too but I learned my lesson with fusion.  They were not careful at all when they did the removal.  It was extremely painful and my scalp was on fire.  Some girls that werent even certified in extensions and knew nothing about them were working on my hair as well.  I kept complaining to them!   I know LG won't last as long but thats fine with me.Smile

wow! it should not hurt like that! it should not pull! i read this after and i think this is what ruined oyur hair! proper removal is very important. i am sorry you paid 500 for that. the bond should be dissolved and slid out. how long did they take with you to remove them? it usally takes me no more than 3 hours for removal and i charge 40.0 an hour... if it takes longer the max i charge for removal is 150.00 your salon that you went to way over charged! even for the install! i charge 1000.00 for a full head 20" long socap. again i am sorry about what happened to you 

oh if they were doing it and they were not certified i would complain to the company of socap. they will take there buying ability away so that this wont happen to another person!

Edited by barbielocs - October 29 2006 at 8:15pm
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 10:01am
Diddo to what everything Barbielocs has said, I also use socap but I also use other companies as well . As i wrote in another thread, whoever put them in should have had you come in one month later or at least 6 weeks later to see how you are doing, to make sure your scalp is ok, to check to see if your getting matts etc. $500 is a lot, how many hours were you there? You poor thing I cant even imagine how traumatic this has been. It should not be this way, at all. Its very frustrating because not only do experiences like this give Socap a bad name but it also  has the danger of labeling all fusion methods as evil . The fact is poor application and negligence regardless of method can cause damage. Im so sorry. I hope the LG and the wefts work for you. If you want to give your hair a break, you can always have fun with wigs, falls and hairpieces. When my hair was super short, and I didnt have time for extensions Id wear them and they were so much fun. Just a thought.

MaginOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaginOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 10:24am
I agree with Barbilocs. I'm a professional extensionist, and I do a lot of fusion on my clients. The stylist MUST educate the client on how to care for their extensions. My number one rule for my clients is that shoud they experience any matting they MUST come in for a maintenance appt. immediately before the matting becomes out of control. It's the clients responsibility to check their bonds for this. It's obvious that the person who did your install failed miserably in providing the informaion you needed for your aftercare. Also, for the amount of money you paid this never should have happend. If I were you I would contact the manager/owner of the salon that did this and at least make a formal complaint. And, contact SoCap the let them know that someone is using their system incorrectly. It would be a shame for this to happen to anyone else. Best of luck to you, and I'm very sorry for your pain and suffering.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 1:02pm
I never charge for removal of hair extensions and certainly $500 is higway robbery!  They really screwed you over!

If your hair was matting so bad at the root, I'd guess that the person who put them in did sloppy, unclean sections, thus causing the hair to tangle as it grew out.

Yes you hair will recover.  It just needs some TLC.

Any glue, fusion, LG, whatever can cause damage if it's not put in correctly and taken out correctly.  Practice on a doll head before you do your hair.

You may want to try protac on the wefts.  It's really easy and less messy than LG.

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

I never charge for removal of hair extensions and certainly $500 is higway robbery!  They really screwed you over!

If your hair was matting so bad at the root, I'd guess that the person who put them in did sloppy, unclean sections, thus causing the hair to tangle as it grew out.

Yes you hair will recover.  It just needs some TLC.

Any glue, fusion, LG, whatever can cause damage if it's not put in correctly and taken out correctly.  Practice on a doll head before you do your hair.

You may want to try protac on the wefts.  It's really easy and less messy than LG.

Good luck!

hi! i saw that you never charge for removal? so if someone came to you and had there hair done somewhere else would you charge them? i get a lot of that hence why i charge- if it was my work and they are taking it out and putting it back in i dont charge... just wondering what you do? thanks
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 6:57pm
Um, wow! I can not believe she charged that much money. I feel bad for your grandma. It makes me sad to think your grandma paid that much. Well, live and learn. It seems like everyone gets ripped off at least once with hair extensions. I'm glad you're here and doing research so you don't have this happen again. Good for you!!

I've had LG and if you are patient with removal it's not going to rip out your hair. I used the LG remover and left it on for a half hour. They slid right out but it took a few washings to get that oil out of my hair.

ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 7:50pm
i agree with everyone here - i don't begrudge anybody who charges to remove extensions, that is their perrogative. how long did it take to remove them? what i'm more used to, with people who charge for removal, is an hourly rate. even if your hair was a hot mess, unless it took them 10 hours to remove them 500 bucks is too much.
i have no vested interest here :) but charging someone 500 bucks for removal, someone's grandma no less, seems morally reprehensible to me. just because you can doesn't mean you should.

listen to malibu - just be super slow with the LG removal, don't pull, let the remover (some use acetone) and let it soak in for a bit before you remove.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 7:51pm
I am going to be point blank, with any type of hair addition to your hair, you will loose hair. Your hair will become a tad bit thinner, and the reason i am saying is because before you wear extensions you say your hair is thick, well if it were, you wouldn't be getting extensions done anyway. I am not being funny, I am being truthful because I thought my hair was thick, but  when I started wearing extensions I was addicted.

You are aware that at a certain age our hair changes. Just a thought, i am sorry you experienced the hairloss, goodluck on your bohyme, LG install.
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 9:02pm

Barbielocs-

If a client is wearing extensions done by someone else and she wants me to take them out and  then have me redo the extensions, I will not charge her for the removal.  It's a 'value added' bonus, after all, I just won a new client who will be with me a long time, hopefully.

If someone just wants extensions out (that I didn't do) and doesn't want any other extensions back in, I usually refer them to the stylist who originally did the extension job.  If they persist, I'll usually charge around $40-80, depending on how long it takes me.  It usually has never taken more than two hours.

Edited by metalgirl - October 30 2006 at 9:03pm
BellaExotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaExotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 10:56am
Aw damn i had the same experience ...my hair was so thick and they messed up real bad. 2 years on its thick but short. i Wear wefts with microrings or LG now...stick with it...youll have hardly any damage. and dont sweat, once you have your extensions on youll feel much better. Or alternate between clip ons and LG for a while x
Katy Sophia
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Shirilyn Shirilyn wrote:

I am going to be point blank, with any type of hair addition to your hair, you will loose hair. Your hair will become a tad bit thinner, and the reason i am saying is because before you wear extensions you say your hair is thick, well if it were, you wouldn't be getting extensions done anyway. I am not being funny, I am being truthful because I thought my hair was thick, but  when I started wearing extensions I was addicted.
Shiry

So true.
^..^
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 5:34pm
WoW! You totally got ripped off paying $500 for take out!!! That's robbery!!!

When you get extensions out the change back to your own natural hair can be a shock. Many times it's not much different but you've gotten used to it being 'oober thick' for the last 14 weeks. Wait till you've gotten it re-colored, trimmed, washed and styled. It should start to feel like what you had to begin with. If you did have some damage try clip-ins while your hair gains it's strength back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic