Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Irons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Irons
    Posted: February 12 2001 at 8:49pm
I`ve been wanting to buy an iron to help smooth out some wavy spots. I already have a big barrel curling iron that works well, but with my short length now, I don`t want the added curl the iron gives. I`d like to try one of those straight flat irons. I saw a review in IN Style but that one was $85.00. I`ve seen others for only $20.00. Before I buy, does anyone recommend a particular one? I don`t want to scorch my hair unecessarily. Any ideas???
airlinefood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airlinefood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 7:20am
Reply to message: 21.1314.1
Hi AggiePam,

I`ve been using a Conair one that works with steam. I think the price range is anywhere between $20-$25.
I`ve been really happy with it. I have really curly hair and even when I blow dry it straight i still get waves. I use the iron after (just make sure your hair is *completely* dry, otherwise it makes a sort of...umm..sizzling noise, which I`m sure can`t be good sign :) and it comes out fabulous. I was using it when when my hair was cut really short (wynona ryder pixie type thing) and it worked wonders for getting that sort of messy bed-head look. Now that my hair is growing out a bit, it gets it stick straight for that Meg Ryan piecy look.
It hasn`t been too damaging to my hair either (if at all). My hair goes through torture - highlights last november...let them grow out...got bored...bleached my hair....colored my hair....hated it....highlighted again...trip to the carribean...sun damage i`m sure...got sick of that....colored it again....all while using the straighting iron on a daily basis....and my hair still looks healthy (really.) I`m sure i`ll pay for it one of these days though.

ok. sorry for the rant. hehehe hope this helps.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2001 at 9:22pm
Reply to message: 21.1315.1
Thanks!! I wasn`t going to be able to afford the $85.00 one!! $25.00 sounds great. Wow...your history sounds soooo familiar! Glad to hear that the iron should work on my hair too!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic