Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how attatched are you to your long hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 12:33pm
thanx
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 8:07am

oh god yes, im attatched to my mane!

lately tho, im being pressured into slicing some off. the mere thought of it being shorter than it is now (its currently at 35 & a 1/2 inches long) disturbs me, hence the reason to why i seeked out this forum for advice on styles for longer hair, & whether to go ahead and get it chopped.

ive now decided on keeping it just the way it is! due to me being so emotionally attatched to it...and good advice from other members.

my hair,  its not just "hair", its my comfort blanket!

Asmara

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 9:55am
good 4 u! Don't b pressured in to doing anything u don't feel happy with. unless it's something really important like u don't want to run but if u don't the sabre toothed tiger behind u will eat u. mind u they could probably run faster then us anyway.  This post has gone completely off track! better go b4 i say anything else stupiddddddddddddd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:49am

lol lady!

i love replies that turn into tangent rambles! i find its where their personalities shine thru, so...um...dont mind me!

Asmara

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:00am
*hugs shiverpale* lol. so my personality is that of somone stressed out by half thought out ramblings over sabre toothed tigers? or maybe my brain is just scrambled from too much revision. what's your hair like? apart from long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:18am

lol! nothing wrong with a personalities that are stressed out by visions of sabre tooth tigers....theres something wrong with one being scrambled by too much revision tho! (take a break lady! )

my hair...um...well...ya know its long (35 and half inches), its dark brown and at the moment im letting it dry from a vinegar rinse i just did. it can also be a pain when it comes to me wanting to go for a dump (i know, too much info) but its true.....i wonder if anyone else has this prob!...i mean if i dont lop it all to the front of my body when im doing a "number 2" i dread to think of what could end up on ends of my mane.

the delightful thing about that tho, is all of us mermaids with long hair, if all down, when going to the toilet, we can indeed, look like a modern day rapunzel sat on her throne!

ok...id better shut up now

Asmara

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:34am
he hee! I've never had that problem but then my hair doesn't reach anywhere near my waist, too tall BUT I find if 'm doing any gymnastics or whatever (just bear with me!) i tend to step on my hair or put my hand on it... Trying to do a headspring with your hair caught is very painful eww I just got shivers down my spine. and if u r doing a japana (if u don't know, that's where u lie down with your legs spread out and try and put your tummy on the floor. once when getting up from that I managed to kneel on my hair, oh my god that hurt when I tried to stand up. maybe I'm just clumsy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 12:59pm

gymnastics! hmmm...interesting & flexible!...as for a japana? lol...makes me think of pizza for some reason!

ive knelt on my hair many a times! ouchie!

um, you know you were asking what my hair was like, well i forgot *duhh* theres a pic of it on my intro to long hair support. bad qual pic tho, but still, you can see how long it is!

ok, youre as bad as me for rambling...and i swear we're both gonna get told to shut it for going off the subject matter if we carry on ...so.....im....um....deffo shutting up now! ...unless of course we wanna talk about how attatched we are to our mane!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 2:22pm
I looked on your intro but I didn't see any picture. You're probably right about sticking to the subject so, yes. I am very attatched top my hair.If wasn't it would fall off my head. Sorry! Start again. If someone tried to persuade me too cut my hair I would
a. scream at them
b. run away (childish but it'd work)
c. throw a tantrum
(Ok, in real life I'd probably just go "um, no."

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 2:23pm
Have you noticed, no ones posted anything since we started rambling on?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 4:18pm

lol, yes. i have.

shall we start talking about figrolls and other such things seeming as this message thread is no longer about how attatched we all are to our hair?

seriously -

when someone suggests my hair needs a cut, a "style" i always question its length...and always sit on the edge of "im gonna get an inch or so sliced off"...but then, i start to panic at the mere thought of a hair dresser cutting more than an inch or 2 off and i become highly protective over its length.

pic of hair is here:

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30196& amp;PN=1

its usually as straight as pins, but i wore it in plaits the night before.

Asmara

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 4:40pm
Nice pic Asmara, your hair is awesome.  Don't cut it,  I don't blame you one bit.  When my hair gets that long I would not want to cut it or even now at my current length.  Sometimes I have nightmares that my hair got cut short somehow and I don't like that when it happens.  Anyway hope all is well and keep it long.

Peace Starfighter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 2:49am

Ahhh, thanks starfighter. i wont cut it. it wouldnt suit me short anyways.

i once put a ribbed poloneck jumper on and left my hair inside it, then eased some of the length out so it was in the shape of a short bob (hairstyle, not some man named bob! ) it looked bloody awful on me.

um...i might just get a trim tho...half an inch, me thinks! to keep the splits ends at bay

what is your hair like starfighter?.....and yooou, ladyfrog? any piccies of your mane on the forum?

Asmara

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 12:50pm
Your hair is gorgeous. If you cut it, I will come round to your house in the dead opf night and scream at you whilst trying to stick your hair back on with superglue and sellotape. Only kidding. . Seriously, your hair is gorgeous. I'll try and find a pic of my hair to show but it's not that impressive. 
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 1:55pm
woooh!  finally did it! Sorry folks, it was a decent picture but in order to get in small enough I had to put it on really low quality. Plus, I'm paranoid about posting my face online so I blurred it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 2:28pm

lol, ya know, if i cut it id probs regret it so badly that i myself, would superglue it back on....and ahhh, lovely lovely, lurvvvvvely locks you have!...even without a face......

how long has the ladyfrog been growing her hair? and do you always wear it down?

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 3:51pm
dunno how long I've been growing it. I suppose about 13 years? I don't think it'll get any longer. I alternate between ponytails and flowing free... at the moment it's loose all the time because I burnt my back and I don't want anyone to see the sore pink skin! Plus, it's probably just psychological but I'm convinced if it's covered it doesn't hurt as much. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 4:14pm

i always prefer flowing free!...and hey, i can relate to that scar thing. i have a long scar on the right side of my body due to a car accident i was in...and my hair, well i feel its like some kind of blanket that makes such things invisable.

yes yes yes... our hair is a protective blanket that soothes our scar pains away.

scars are beautiful too, ya know. that delicate pinkish white scar tissue. the intricate stories behind them.

its funny tho, isnt it, how when we are children, we like to compare scars, but as adults, we hide them like they are precious. (and they are, they arrre!) the inner ones especially!...i guess thats down to childhood scraping scars being full of mischief & innocence...and the scars we get as adults, are usually down to painful events that we'd rather forget....a personal pain...whether its across the heart, or skin.

i like to think of scars as natural tattoos. unique tattoos that no-one else will ever have.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 4:23pm
ummmmm. it isn't a scar. I just didn't wear suncream and got mildy scorched. and now it's gone all pink and sore.

very poeticy spoken about  the natural tattos!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 5:06pm

ouchie...sunburn! get some A.G. after cooling spray on it. it works wonders.

i have a sunbed that i use about once a week (i know, dangerous, dangerous! it helps fade my scar into my already dark skin. i feel like it does anyway!) its a 24 wolff tube thing...and well...1st time i ever went on it, i burnt my arse!.....lol...i couldnt sit on it for days!...so im feeling for you, i really am!

i hope it heals quickly! and i know you said it feels better when your hair hides it...but if i were ladyfrog...id keep my hair off it! the strands could irritate it even more!

i am deffo shutting up on this thread now!

sorry everyone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic