Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTANGLES!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hilwa77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hilwa77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TANGLES!
    Posted: November 07 2006 at 10:23am
Hi I am new and I really need some help!

I have been growing out my hair for the past three years and it has now reached past my back. However recently my hair has gone crazy. My hair is beginning to tangle within itself- I mean huge junks of my hair will just wrap around itself and it won't untangle. I NEED to know any products that may help my hair, I'm so angry and I'm scared that I may have to cut it past my neck! So please if anybody knows an ultra detangler that works on all types of hair..I will be so forever grateful!
Zippetydoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 7:51am

an old message I know, but go to Sally's or Walmart and look for a detangler spray....It is a leave in spray that really helps. 

Lori
AmyE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 2:00pm

My hair tangles so bad it feels like it has glue in it sometimes.  You cannot even get a big tooth comb through it.  I tried usingt a clarifying shampoo but that made it even worse.  I have baby fine hair and it tangles and breaks really badly no matter how good I try to be to it.  I have found that the only way I can comb my hair is to put a ton of conditioner on it and then comb it out in the shower before I rinse.  I have found that when I use haircolor to cover a few gray strands that are popping up that this makes my hair softer too and not quite so tangly.  The only draw back is that conditioner makes my hair look oily.  You can also buy some oil and put some in the palm of your hands and run through your hair to help ease some of the tangles.  Good luck.  

I hate my hairCry
AE
spacekydet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacekydet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 7:50pm
Instead of looking for product to detangle your hair, why don't you list what products you currently use on your hair. Everything from shampoo & conditioner to anything you use afterwards or during styling.

I ask because tangles not only have a lot to do with what you don't do to your hair (ie: not brushing sufficiently) but what you USE on it. For instance, if you use Pantene products, as silky and shiny as they make your hair, they leave a waxy build-up. No matter how often you brush your hair or how straight it is, if you use this product, the waxy build-up will make your hair constantly tangled, even within minutes of brushing!

So try eliminating any damaging products from your routine before adding more.

And yes, as said above a good leave-in conditioner or detangler  does wonders. Try using a wide-toothed comb (a regular one will damage your hair if used when wet!) and slowly combing it through your hair while you let your conditioner sink it. Work from the ends up and let the conditioner work. Also, you don't have to rinse regular conditioner out completely. leave a little in (unless your hair gets limp easily) and this will help keep it silky smooth and detangled.

Hope that helps some!!! I learned everything I know from my mother, she's been a hairdresser for 23 years :)
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 6:57pm
use a leave in conditioner i love giovanni brand also with your conditioner in the shower add a little jojoba oil to it that will help soften your hair. Be sure to comb your hair while the conditioner is in. And also use a spray detangler for after the wash.
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic