Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sugestion For those on a Budget....LONG!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sugestion For those on a Budget....LONG!
    Posted: November 12 2006 at 10:45am

Hi Ladies!

First of all I want to thank all the beautiful members of this forum for pulling me back in this addictive world of hair extensions, I Love it!!!

I wanted to share some great advice for those, that like me are in a budget but still want to rock Sexy, Long, Addictives HAIR.  I discovered some amazing things during this great journey with my install.

As many of you know I installed my Deep Wave on October 9, 2006. (Reference: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47559&KW=Aphrodiva2)

2 Days ago I took them down; It was time to readjust since my hair has grown. But I decided that instead of a Deep Wave, to do a Body Wave, to change my look (I got so tired of myself already, LOL)

Amazingly my Deep Wave install lasted so long and considering that I had to get my hair wet almost every day to revive the curls, and use lots of creamy conditioner to keep my curls soft.

If you remembered in one of my posts I had purchased the wrong Tape thinking it was the Protac /Proflex you are all taking about. (Post Reference: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47361&KW=

Well, since I purchased this Roll of tape, I decided to use it anyway (I hate that feeling of wasted money) I reinforced the tape with Liquid Gold and did Double Wefts.

Amazingly the hair held perfectly wash after wash, no gooey stuff, no falling, the application was Flat, Secure, and Long Lasting. I know it reads that is for temporary usage, but I think that  is when you use it to adhere to the scalp, but since you are gluing to hair and reinforced with liquid gold it will last a lot more. Plus you secure the double wefts by adding heat with a flat/hot iron to the tape and wefts.Like explained here: http://hairextensions101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317

I read on an email they sent me that what make this tape different to the BLUE Pro-flex tape were the little holes that blue tape have to allow the scalp to breath, and it has a compound milder for the skin, so the pores wont get cloged.

The removal was a Breeze….I used acetone, and a little cotton ball with Super Solve Tape remover. The best part is that I still have so much tape for probably 5 more installs, and remover too.

The hair was not an expensive one, but was great quality, and Perfect color! It never tangles, it always looks fresh, I love it, the brand is Unique Wiiv 100% Human hair and only cost around $40.00 for 18” hair and I will reuse it again soon.  I wish I had known about this brand earlier, I wasted more money on cheapo and expensive Beauty Supply hair that never lasted more than 2 weeks, looking freeze and like a beat up broom.

I installed the Body Wave from Unique Wiiv and I am so impressed how beautiful it looks!! And hair feels so great! I washed it and the wave went away, but the hair texture matches mine completely when I flat iron it and is full of body. LOVE IT!

So in short note:

Unique Wiiv Hair 18” ($39.99 each) from here

ProFlex Roll ($16.15) from here

Liquid Gold ( $2.75) from Sherrie

And in all this stores the shipping was super fast and customer service amazing!

I hope Sherrie reads this and get some of those Rolls, I would like to buy all in one place J Plus her service ROCKS!!!!

I will post pics tonight of my new BOdy Wave install. I hope this Long Post help those on a tight budget.

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 1:31pm
Hi Aphrodiva!
Thanks for your tips, I'm sure you'll help lots of girls!
I am curious about the Wiiv hair, can you tell me how long you have been wearing it and how often you wash your hair?
Thanks a lot!!Wink
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 6:54pm
Thanks! I will keep this in mind, keep us posted on how the hair holds up!!
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 8:42pm
Frenchie, I it has been a month and a couple of days since my install. I will re-install them again soon, They still look great, and the shedding was so so little.  But now I want to try this new look (Body Wave) which I love!
I was getting my hair wet almost everyday, since it was a Deep Wave and it was the best way for my natural hair to blen. I washed it (with conditioner every other day, "one daye yes, one day no")
Naked Eyes, I will put some pics up, and keep you updated.

LOVE TO ALL MY BEAUTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yorkieluvr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 11:28pm

Thanks Aphrodiva for letting us know about your experience with the 'Unique Wiiv' hair.I have been eyeing up that hair on Ebonyline for about 2 weeks now,it's so cheap!! But, I haven't really heard much about it so haven't ordered it yet.It says on the ebonyline site that the hair is made by the Bohyme company so I figured it must be decent? I have been really researching the net for decent hair since my last mishap ordering hair Unhappy so I'm taking my time before I order hair again-I really am on a budget lol

Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 9:10am
Yorkieluvr06, yes it is made by Bohyme, I guess that explains the good quality.
I am loving this brand. And wont tangle at all.

Please don't go with another chepo brand specially if you are using Curly styles, you will regret it.
 I had compare, my neighboor 2 doors down (yeap! Now all the ladies around here want to Rock sexy hair) was so desperate to have my style that she couldn't wait the 4 days for delivery of the Unique Wiiv and went to a Beauty Supply Store and got 3 packs of Deep Wave of another brand for $20 Each (It reads 100% Human Hair, wont tangle)..the hair feels like plastic, she was saying that it itches on her back when hair is rubbing, I could see how freezy it was.  She even got my same color 4/30.....and her 30 looks like Mustard color. Now she ordered the Wiiv, so she can throw away that nasty hair.

My hair still looks so healthy.  I have it now taking a rest on my Hair Box to re-do-it ,once I get tired of my new style.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:26am
Ooohhh... Bohyme makes that Wiiv hair... nice, good to know, it can't be too bad then!
Maybe it's a lower quality of hair but it is still good quality!
Aphrodiva, can you tell me if you tried Bohyme hair before and if yes how does it compare to the wiiv?
Thanks a lot!!!
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 11:16am
I had no idea Unique Wiiv was made by Bohyme!  It's what I used for my very first install.  You're absolutely right though, it's really good hair for the price.  I bought mine from a local wig shop and wore it for about 3 mos, then reinstalled it for another 6 wks or so - all on the weft. 

It's a little bit more coarse than my hair, mine's so fine... but that was good to give some volume.  I'd use it again.  I even pretipped some at one point & installed it with shrinkies.  The color was really true & didn't fade too.  Thanks for the info!
DharmaType View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DharmaType Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 11:35am
Hi Aphrodiva --

LOVED this email --- Are the extensions already wefted from Unique or are they bulk?

THANKS for the tip!!Smile
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 2:46pm
Sounds real interesting...I can hardly wait to see the pictures you're going to put up!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
cat_goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat_goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 6:54pm
Thanks so much for the advice! I'm trying this hair next.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 7:42pm
Ive heard some decent reviews on the Unique Wiiv in dark colors...but STAY away from the blonde....that was some nasty stuff! Been there done that!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 9:21am
Thanks for the advice Sherrie!!!
You have tried everything haven't you?!!!Wink
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 11:44am
Wow,I'm suprised it lasted it so long.Thats definitely some good hair especially for the price! I bet the deep wave is gorgeous.Cant wait to see the pics.
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 12:33pm

Hello Again Beautiful Queens!! I am so  glad you enjoyed my post.

Frenchie: I tried Bohyme Deep Wave Euro in a Blonde color more than 3 years ago (when I was blonde) and to be honest, I can’t tell the difference. I was hoping and crossing my fingers that this Unique Wiiv would be at least similar to that Bohyme Deep Wave, and lucky me it was. The only thing is that that Bohyme Hair since it was Blonde, the hair look a little  thinner ( I guess the bleach caused that).

Darma: Yes the hair comes wefted (if you order it on weft)

BB: Yes, the hair is not super silk, that is why it matches my hair texture so much. Since my natural hair is curly, this hair texture is perfect. The Body Wave blends perfectly, I just relax the edges and blow dry my natural hair on top, Blends perfectly!! Is Full Of Body and Volume, since is not a very silky texture.

LongHairDreams: The Deep Wave is so beautiful, especially if you order a mixed color. I will install the Deep Wave again after I get FedUp of the Bodywave style. And I am in LOVE with my Body Wave!!!!

I am doing a Jessica Rabbit’s style this week (part on the side). I need a little more hair on the top, and I’ll be ready to post pictures pretty soon.

I_LOVE_WEAVES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_WEAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 6:22pm
Hey Aphrodiva, do you think that this would be good quality (the link at the bottom)? And is this the same brand you used? Did you use the silky human, yaki human, french curley, body wave, deep wave, or Italian curly? Sorry, if you already typed these answers, I'm not a patient readerLOL.  Also, i'm thinking about buying the Unique Wiiv Italian culy, do you think it'll hold up well if you wash it? 

here is another site that has the same exact product, but the price for the tracks from the other site (the one I mentioned) are a dollar more

Site you mentioned:

Site I mentioned (the one that cost a buck more):

Edited by I_LOVE_WEAVES - December 17 2006 at 6:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_WEAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 6:49pm
BTW, how much does shipping cost?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 7:31pm
I got my Wiiv from Ebonyline and I loved it. It lasted longer than any hair (except for bohyme) that Ive tried yet.

Em

Edited by EmmaSkye - December 17 2006 at 7:31pm
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 8:51pm
girls, are you all using dark colors? Any blondes/light browns?

I wore the unique wiiv...a LONG time ago. #613 blonde of course, and it didnt do so good. But its been a long time, maybe the quality has improved, I dont know...or maybe the darkere colors are better? Any blondes light browns?

I also have a thread going over in my forum and the reviews arent so good.... http://hairextensions101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1174

The unique wiiv is a non remy product, so I really doubt the hair would hold up too long (if at all for blonde/light colors.) but Im definitely interested in feedback if anyone has feedback on light colors.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_WEAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 9:49pm
Hi EmmaSkye,

What style of hair did you use?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic