Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still Deciding..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:01am
Originally posted by abbyphelan abbyphelan wrote:

Oh my Gosh!!! Please don't cut your hair that short. You have gorgeous hair right now. All you need is some long layers. You will regret going that short, trust me. I did. 

Why do people insist on making it about themselves? Surely you know that some people who go long to short regret it. Others love it. You don't like it. Maybe she will. Don't project what you're feeling on to her.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 7:44am
I like the second one too... think it would be sexy on you!!!!!!!
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 10:38am
I understand her feeling about here hair, I was that way four years ago pretty thick wavy/curly hair to my waist,  I liked it but wanted a change, I was very scaird about how it would look, I was nervous the day of cut, I had it cut to my shoulder with layers. Was shocking at frist but loved it and haven't been long since, have gone shorter. Doing a bob now. It is her choice, she's seeking advice which I did on here before I cut mine. Lisa

Edited by HairStyleDiva - November 17 2006 at 10:39am
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
Crazytrainer07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 12:48pm
i really appreciate everyones opinions, and help.

i am really excited, however, i am also really really really nervous.  should i go short like i want, or should i maybe cut shoulder length with some layers, and then in a couple weeks go back and cut it short if i really really really like it, or just i just go drastic and do it all at once!?!

i just don't want to go in there hestitating.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:05pm
     OK, take this comment with a grain of salt, ct07, since I'm a guy who is *extremely* partial to long hair. I think you'd look your best with a *slight* fringe (light bangs or front layers), but your length needs only a tiny trim to look fantastic.
     A good percentage of women *do* regret major cuts, so be honest with yourself. How much do *you* enjoy having long hair, and is long hair an integral part of femininity to you, if you care about such? Well, you did ask for frank opinions, and I wish you the best, whatever you decide. Blessings, Bob Smile
buzzcut2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzcut2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:59pm
how short did you have it cut last time. do you have a picture of it to post here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 3:17pm
unfortunately at the time is was cut short before, my family didn't know a think about digital cameras, so unfortunately we didn't have one.  lol.  And even if i did take a picture at that time, i don't think it would still be on my computer because it was about 4 years ago.  But i can however take a picture of the picture from my yearbook during that time if you want me too.  lol.

And when i say short, it was short.  i am talking like chin length with a part down the middle.  it was disgusting.. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzcut2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 4:48pm
yeah that would be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 5:25pm

ok.. well it didn't work out.  either the flash blurred out the picture of no flash made it really dark to the point where you couldn't see anything.  And if i got it just right, the picture was so small that you couldn't see my actual cut..

sorry, but i tried.  i will search the internet for a close picture..
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 7:00pm

If you are going to go for a shorter cut, instead of wasting the hair and just throwing it away, think about giving it to Locks of Love which is an organization that makes wigs for kids who have cancer or illnesses in which they can't grow hair.  They require 10 inches and their website is www.locksoflove.org. Check it out if you want to!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzcut2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 8:37pm
ok thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 10:09am
well i am still searching for a cut that somewhat shows my old short cut..

i am not sure how i am going to cut it now..

but here is a question i could ask you..  what if i cut it like shoulder length and added some layers so it is not so drastic.  and then a couple weeks later cut it short like that second picture!?!
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 6:29pm
Take a look at Karen's longer picture in this thread and see if you like it
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47936

Edited by PurpleBubba - November 18 2006 at 6:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 7:44am
i like that style..

but would it be ok with the shape of my face!?!
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 5:19pm
There are lots of ways to do a layered style like Karen has. Jennifer Aniston had a similar style but not the same. It all depends on where the stylist puts the layers and how many they make. You also need to be clear with the stylist as to whether or not they are to layer the whole head or just the front. I think you can wear a style like that with just the front layered. I'm not a stylist and I don't judge face shapes but I think that you can wear a layered framing style. The nice thing with that kind of style is you can wear styles like that at a variety of lengths. So you could try a longer version first with layers starting at your shoulders and going down and then try a shorter version starting at chin or lip.

Have you found any of those hair magazines?
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

A good percentage of women *do* regret major cuts, so be honest with yourself. How much do *you* enjoy having long hair, and is long hair an integral part of femininity to you, if you care about such?

Have you performed a scientific double blind study to come to the conclusion that "A good percentage of women *do* regret major cuts?" I assume you've gone around the US and Canada and surveyed thousands of women who've cut their hair.

If you haven't, you can't make this claim. Some women do. Some women don't. What percentage is unknown. And really irrelevant unless it's 100%. If it isn't then she should do what she wants to do.

And really, the only regrets you should have are the things you do, not the things you don't do. It's better to cut your hair and regret it then to not cut it and regret that. Not trying something you want to do is sitting on the sidelines and not living.

If she cuts her hair and doesn't like it, then she'll know. It sounds like having her hair short before hasn't dissauded her now.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Heath Heath wrote:

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

A good percentage of women *do* regret major cuts, so be honest with yourself. How much do *you* enjoy having long hair, and is long hair an integral part of femininity to you, if you care about such?

Have you performed a scientific double blind study to come to the conclusion that "A good percentage of women *do* regret major cuts?" I assume you've gone around the US and Canada and surveyed thousands of women who've cut their hair.

Heath,
A "Good" percentage for Bob would be anything greater than zero!  Some regret it, some don't.  I doubt there is a way to find out the true percentage as the opinions of the formerly long tressed may change over time.

Edited by ssjockey - November 21 2006 at 9:43am
rlinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:55am
do what ever you want do what looks good on you Clap
waves as clean as mine cant be kept to myself

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 12:48pm
i have bought some magazines, and i am in the process of singling some of the pictures of women and their cuts out.  this is really really hard for me because i am getting mixed emotions from everyone.  People are telling me to keep it long and add layers.  Others are telling me to cut some hair off to shoulder length and add layers. and the the rest, which is the greatest percentage of them all are telling me to just cut it all.

Right now, i am an athlete, and my hair is weighing me down.. ALOT!!  It needs to go.  Yes i did end up regretting my first short cut because i hated it, but i am willing to take the risk again because i am so sick of keep it long.  It gives me headaches and i go through 2 bottles of shampoo a month.  lol.

I know i would love to have some layers to i guess, reduce the thickness of my hair, and i know i want some cut off, haven't decided how much, but i know a pretty good majroity of my hair will be gone in a couple weeks.  Now i am not saying i hate my hair now, but what i am saying is that i am just getting tired of it.  I want a change.  And when i say change.. I mean a change.  I like changes.  And like Heath said, i don't want to end up not cutting it and regretting it.

I am ready for a change..
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 1:10pm
     SSjockey, you are close to the truth about me. LOL 
     Heath, just yesterday a woman told me how much she regretted her chop from super long hair (before I knew her) to her chin. All I know is what many women have told me personally, and what I've read. No one knows percentages. I am simply hopeful that if CT07 cuts hers, she will be as certain as is humanly possible beforehand that it will be a good decision for *her*. Best, Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic