Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still Deciding..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 7:30pm
I personally believe you when you say you don't mind going to something short. I was hoping that people would show you some more pictures. There are a lot of people here who seem to find lots of pictures. Maybe some of them are busy getting ready for the holidays or something. I'm glad you're finding some options in the magazines.

When searching for a new style it is important to not only find what you do want but also find what you do not want. If you see a picture with a good cut but you don't like the bangs you can still use that picture. Just try to find one with bangs you do like or without bangs. Or tell the stylist you don't want them. That's just an example. I'm not saying you should or should not have bangs. Get a notebook or something so that you write out your thoughts. Then you can take that with you along with your pictures so that you won't have to remember what you meant to say.

Do you want something that can be pony tailed still or shorter and you'll just use clips, pins, or barettes?

Do you want something that uses products like gel or spray or mousse?

What is the shortest you want to go? The pictures shown so far seem to be around neck and chin length. Should we look for shorter ones?

Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

SSjockey, you are close to the truth about me. [IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" /> 
     Heath, just yesterday a woman told me how much she regretted her chop from super long hair (before I knew her) to her chin. All I know is what many women have told me personally, and what I've read. No one knows percentages. I am simply hopeful that if CT07 cuts hers, she will be as certain as is humanly possible beforehand that it will be a good decision for *her*. Best, Bob

One person told you she regretted it. I guess that's the scientific survey I asked about. And then you hit me with "many women." How can I respond? As for what you've read, please provide the links to these studies. I'd be interested in reading them.

You now say no one knows percentages, but in your previous post, you mentioned "a good percentage." You conveyed to us that you do know them. Which is it?

She's talking about cutting her hair. This isn't a tummy tuck or a face lift. She isn't sky diving or sitting on a jury. She doesn't need to be "as certain as is humanly possible." If she wants to cut her hair, she should do it. If she regrets it, it's still only hair. No major impact. It will grow back, but even if it didn't it's not something she needs to be that certain about.

I like hair. That's why I post here. But it isn't nearly as serious as you make it.
Crazytrainer07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 9:29am
I was hoping to still be able to pony tail it.  Sp yeah, i am think about mid neck or something..

as for products, i put gel in my hair sometimes to scrunch it.  That takes a lot of gel.. lol.

i mainly want a hair style that i can keep my normal routine with, but have it shorter, if you know what i mean!!
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 5:11pm
If you were to take your current style and just cut it to a shorter length I think it would look good. When I look at your picture I see something similar to the way my Mom looked when she was young. She had her hair just below shoulders with the ends a bit springy curled. The wavy curl like they had back then. You said that your hair lays flat so perhaps you could get it cut shorter in a similar style to what you have now but with some slight layering to encourage curl. You said your hair isn't naturally straight so it might not take as much layering as someone with straighter hair.

Perhaps you could book a consultation with a stylist so you could go in and just talk about how to get what you want before anyone actually does it. They might have some ideas. Consultations should be free. Some salons do charge for them but there should be some that don't if you live in a place with lots of salons. The only thing I suggest with that as far as payment is if it is free you can offer a tip for their time. But that's up to you.

I think something in the range you mentioned might be a good change. It's not short but it's a change. And it's a good place to be for changing your mind. You can go longer or shorter from there.
If you want it long enough for a ponytail be sure to tell that to the stylist. Sometimes stylists will point to a certain spot and say "We'll keep it this length" and then they will only leave a little bit of hair actually reaching that spot.

Here's an idea. Put your hair in a ponytail and then feel the tail below the band to see how long it has to be to be in a tail.

I'm not saying to stop looking at the other styles. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm pressuring you in one direction or another.

Edited by PurpleBubba - November 22 2006 at 5:12pm
abbyphelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 1:42pm
Yeah... she looks HORRIBLE with that shaved head. What in the world was she thinking? The most beautiful women in showbiz have long hair. No wonder Halle Berry went long!
Hair either MAKES you or BREAKS you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 1:46pm
If you insist on going shorter, do it gradually. It will be less shocking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 1:49pm
I agree... That would be a nice gesture. My husband does that. God blessed you with great hair, why not donate it to someone who needs it. Great idea!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 1:53pm
That would make a great psychological study, don't you think? I admit I'm one of those women who have been scarred for life due to short haircuts.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 3:11pm
Oh good grief.

Originally posted by abbyphelan abbyphelan wrote:

The most beautiful women in showbiz have long hair.

Again, have you seen Natalie Portman with SHORT hair?  Gorgeous.

Originally posted by abbyphelan abbyphelan wrote:

I admit I'm one of those women who have been scarred for life due to short haircuts.

Then what is you fascination with this board?  Why do you post here?

Edited by makeitshort - November 29 2006 at 3:14pm
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 4:16pm
There are at least as many women who are beautiful with short hair as with long hair. Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano, Toni Braxton, Natalie Portman, and Sharon Stone just to mention a few of them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 4:18pm
That is a good question Make-it-short, why does she post here. To insult women with short hair? How silly and absurd.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 5:20pm

You say the most beatiful women in hollywood have long hair.And most of them might have long hair.But its neither long or short hair that makes them beautiful.They were attractive to begin with.These same stars who look stunning with long hair usually look just as good with short hair.And I say this as someone who likes both long and short hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 12:43am
I agree Longhairdreams!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 12:44am
Is that a photo of you, Longhairdreams?
You are very pretty and look good in long hair. I am sure you would look good in a short 'do also.

Edited by Carolredskirt - December 01 2006 at 12:45am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 8:45pm
Yep thats me but with extensions.My own hair is currently between 3 and 4 inches.But I'm growing it out for good this time.
buzzcut2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzcut2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:13pm
hi longhairdreams is there anyway you can show us a picture of without extensions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 8:14pm
buzzcut2009, do you wear a buzzcut? Are you a man or a woman?

I can imagine what Longhairdreams looks like with a short pixie 'do. She would look gorgeous in it, it would be an attractive style on her, she has the pretty eyes and femnine features to wear short hair, it would look cute on her. She is very pretty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 8:35pm
Sorry to hijack the thread once again.Thank you carolredskirt,you are very sweet. If you want to see pics I keep all pics I post on here in my journal on this site.Smile.
Crazytrainer07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 12:39pm
so.. i decided to cut it!!!  YAYAAYAYAYA!!

It will be mid neck-ish.  With layers!!

i am still finding a picture of what exactly i want, but i will still be able to put it in a ponytail!!  so that is good!

but doesn't anyone have any good advice on dying, or not really dying but highlighting!!  or is that not a good idea for me!!!
I AIN'T PR0MISCU0US!!
buzzcut2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzcut2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 4:51pm
hey longhairdreams you look great with short hair. i would to see a picture of you bald. i know you are going it out but do you think you would go short again sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic