Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still Deciding..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Crazytrainer07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Deciding..
    Posted: November 14 2006 at 3:42pm
So i am thinking about cutting my hair short.. I am really digging this new short hairstyle craze, and i really really really like some of the new styles.

My hair currently.. LLLOOONNNGGG!  When it is down, it hits the middle of my back.  I am really nervous, however, to cut it so short.  And at the same time, my hair is.. THICK!!  I am really afraid it will be too poofy to have short.

Does anyone have this problem right now!?!  And could anyone like lighten my fears of cutting it so short!?!  Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 4:16pm
And i wasn't necessarily thinking.. SHORT SHORT.. but like this..
or maybe a combination of the two.. would that work for me!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 4:30pm
If i posted a picture of my hairstyle now, would it be easier for anyone to help me out.  I have a hair appointment coming up shortly, and i really really need some help..
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 8:49pm
A pic of you would help out tremendously. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 3:42pm
here are some pictures.. hope these help out!!
\

Edited by Crazytrainer07 - November 15 2006 at 3:43pm
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 4:36pm
Have you looked through any of the hairstyle magazines at stores? Not the Cosmo types but the ones that actually say something about hair in the titles. Like Hairdo Ideas or Short Hair or Sophisticates Hairstyle Guide. These are usually in the larger stores like Walmart that have a seperate magazine rack not by the registers. Since you want to go short these would be great for finding many options.

I think you could wear the second choice above except that you have more hair than her so it might not look exactly the same.
If your hair is naturally straight or straightish like your pictures show then it might help if you look for those pictures first.

Do you have experience with making curls like the first picture has? Do you have a plan for what you will use to make them?

You say the appoitment is soon. Do you have to go right away or can you hold off? I know there are many who would like to help you but answers don't always come in one or two days on forums.

There are many people on this site who are good at finding pictures. If you give them some time they'll find you something.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 7:58pm
I would also think the second one would work well for you.  You could do a basic bob, but that would probably make you look older than you are.  The cut you show is more edgy and up to date.  While you have healthy looking hair, I don't think the current style does much for you.  That is my opinion.
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 9:56pm
In my opinion I think the style you are wearing now doesn't do too much for you.  I think the second one would be best for you because it looks like you have pretty straight hair.  The first one would take a LONG time to do if your hair doesn't have any curl or wave to it.  But you look like the type of girl who could pull off any hairstyle you like. So I would say go for it if you want to do it, I think it would look very nice.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 10:29pm

Your hair looks so healthy and pretty now,but I have to agree the current style isnt doing anything for you.The style with jessica alba is a basic bob.Her hair was thin from bleaching,so the cut made it look thicker.Which would not be good for you.

I do however think a longish bob would look great on you.Like a shattered effect.Like this one on Jenny.The ends are broken up a bit but she still looks polished,plus it would grow out alot better than that second pic.I have had those haircuts before and I can tell ya they grow out really funky.SmileGood luck

72157567.jpg
abbyphelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:58am

Oh my Gosh!!! Please don't cut your hair that short. You have gorgeous hair right now. All you need is some long layers. You will regret going that short, trust me. I did. I can't wait to have may hair long and healthy again. Remember this: A woman looks much sexier with long hair. Your hair is perfect right now. If you want to add variation to your hair, try some long layers first. Don't make such a drastic move by going that short. It's not worth it.

Hair either MAKES you or BREAKS you.
abbyphelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbyphelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 9:01am
Crazytrainer,

Also consider this: If your hair feels too thick right now, layers will make it feel less thick, so that may be all you need. They will also add body to your hair if it ever goes flat. How long did it take you to grow it that long?
Hair either MAKES you or BREAKS you.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 9:30am
Where is it written in stone that long hair looks much sexier? 

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but preaching to crazy won't remedy your problem. It sounds as if she's ready for something new.

Obviously, short hair "broke" you, but maybe it will "make" crazy...

My two cents. 
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 9:50am
Originally posted by abbyphelan abbyphelan wrote:

Remember this: A woman looks much sexier with long hair.

You are kidding, aren't you?  Ever seen Natalie Portman's Entertainment Weekly cover from last year?

Also, why do you post on a short hair board if you don't like short hair?
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 12:23pm
Go to Clairol.com or one like it.  Put your hair up and cover it with a net.  Upload that picture and try some on for free. Then you can print it and take it to your beautician. Just a thought.
Tommi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 4:51pm
You guys have been a great help.  I am looking to change it up, and i have been told many many times that long hair just doesn't do my face any good.  I had it cut short at one point 4 years ago, and i kind of hated the way my stylist cut it.  It just wasn't me.  I am now ready to break that feeling and try to go short again.

I do like the 2nd cut i posted.. ALOT!!  And as far as the first one goes, my hair does have some wave to it.  It just isn't showing in the picture at all, but i do also straighten my hair pretty often.  So that might have something to do with it.  But since that incident 4 years ago, i have never cut it pretty much at all since then.  I have always just got it trimmed.  But like i said, i am ready for a change.

My boyfriend has said many of times that he would love to see my hair short.  He has always seen it long.. and i really really would like to see his expression as it is short.

I really appreciate everyones help, and i feel like it has been much easier for me to make a decision.

I pushed my appointment back a couple weeks so i could get so more help.  I hope that everyone will still help me because i want to go in there with a set mind on what i want.. with no hesitations.

But i must say.. i love my hair long, but its just too long right now.

So would everyone say 2nd picture with layers!?!

or am i completely missing the mark!?!
ripped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 6:20pm
You would look hot with the cut in the 2nd picture.  You should have it about the same length as in the picture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazytrainer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 6:58pm
thanks.. i am really really really considering it.  I hope i don't end up regretting it.  lol.

i am just ready for a change!!  My hair is just too hard to take care of right now..

if its possible, i would really appreciate it if you all could still help me find some pictures.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:23pm
I like this one also
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:24pm

Since you have so much hair, I think that you should take advantage of that.  Most girls would die to have thick hair like yours.  The second picture looks unkempt to me; it looks like a pixie that hasn't been touched for over a year.  A layered bob would work; you would lose some bulk but it would still look full.  Work with what God gave you girl.

Edited by HAWG - November 16 2006 at 8:27pm
HAWG
ripped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 9:50pm
Crazy i definetly don't think you wouldn't regret it.  Let us know what you end up deciding to do
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic