Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Liquid Gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:17pm
nursie, LG will hold an average of 6/7 weeks for me. But at 4 weeks the LG bond should be at least starting to break down and 'should' remove easily enough with acetone. (C-22 I cant use, so I cant tell ya anything about that, it burns my scalp and skin)

I really soak the bond with acetone, and sometimes stubborn areas (like the ends) I have to scrub in a little bit with my fingernails, or sometimes I have to get my finger tips in there and help get the weft to start seperating from the natural hair. But usually a gentle tug once the acetone deteriorates the bond is all the is needed and the entire weft will easily slide out of my hair.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:29pm
thanks sherrie! the C22 does burn me too, but last week i woulda sprayed hog piss on it if i thought it would have made those suckers fall out
i wear gloves during my removals because i have acrylic nails...its always been easy to just spray and tug on the protac....i may try LG again, but for now i got this protac install just right
*erica* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *erica* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:26pm
does using heat really help speed along the removal of LG or protac? I've never heard that one.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 9:37pm
I think using heat with the LG remover is recommended. Defintiely NOT recommended with acetone for removal.
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 3:48am
So here's my experience tonight with the LG Bond Dissolver. I followed the instructions to the letter--doused the bonds with the remover, waited a few minutes, and zapped them with a warm iron. Verdict: Although the product loosened the bonds somewhat, it definitely was not as effective as the other methods I've used.

Now, I had a LOT of LG in my bonds and it had been only three weeks since my install, but the bonds had begun to break down a bit and the wefts were definitely somewhat loose. (I find that four weeks is about tops with LG, but I don't mind because the process is easy enough to redo regularly and I like my bonds nice and snug.)

So, I ended up using acetone, which is still my preferred method for getting the wefts out. I used a squirt bottle with a tiny opening and drizzled the acetone along the bonds. I didn't really wait, but was able to slowly work the wefts out of my hair. A few stubborn spots needed another little squirt. I could easily get all the wefts out of my hair in 20 minutes or so.

The acetone does leave sticky glue boogers that won't comb out of my hair, but I've found that if I squirt them heavily with C22 (and here, I think the LG remover would probably do the trick as well) and use my fingers to break the big sticky balls into littler ones, I can easily comb most of the goo out of my hair. Then I wash with a moisturizing shampoo, and condition with a deep conditioner (I use Schwarzkopf Bonacure Total Repair Treatement.) I comb the conditioner through my hair with a wide-toothed comb and leave it on for 5-10 minutes in the shower. By the time I rinse the conditioner out of my hair, every last glue booger is gone.

I clean my wefts using a small bowl of acetone. I put the wefts one at a time into the acetone and use my thumbnail to scrape the embedded clumps of LG off the hair and weft. Then I shampoo and deep condition. At this point there are loose glue boogers throughout the hair, but they aren't very sticky and brush out easily. While the hair is wet I rub the top of the wefts with a terry towel to dislodge the last of the LG, and then brush the hair through with a boar's bristle brush. Another brushing with the boar's brush when the hair is dry and the wefts are clean enough to reinstall.

I've concluded that removal with LG isn't as easy as with Protac as far as getting the wefts out of my hair, but as far as the sticky residue that remains after removal and the residue left on the wefts, I think LG is at least as easy, maybe easier for these parts of the cleanup.

The End.    

Edited by kristie m - November 17 2006 at 3:50am
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 6:34am
Thanks Kristie for the tips/review.
Those darn glue boogers! lol...
I know I have suggested this stuff before, but I REALLY like PPI Super Solv for removing both adhesive tapes and LG. We sell it on our site now, and feedback from others has been "thumbs up", too.
I have never liked LG remover. It is kinda wimpy- especially when used to remove their own product: LG.
I usually deal with the LG boogers in a similar fashion- once I have removed the wefts and combed through with a fine tooth comb, I shower and use conditioner before shampooing, comb it through with the fine tooth comb, then rinse. That usually gets the boogies out. Then I can do the clarifying shampoo to prepare for the next install.

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:26am
LilBohemian, is the SuperSolv safe to have touching my acrylic nails? it sounds interesting !
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:17pm
Nursie:
I will research that and find an answer for you. I do not know if it will affect your acrylic nails. I know it is also used in the make-up industry--- so it may also break down the adhesive used to apply your nails.
Like I said- I'll follow up and get you an answer. Wink
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 4:44pm
thanks Lil!
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 3:04pm
Just used Goo Gone to take out LG and it worked like a CHARM - they slid out while I was sitting on the couch. TongueTongueTongue Bottle that will take out like 20 installs was less than $4 at Home Depot.
Why not have a great hair day???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic