Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cellophane Questions... Please Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cellophane Questions... Please Help
    Posted: November 18 2006 at 9:07am
I would like to get a Clear Cellophane Treatment (for shine), but would like to know more first...

* Have you had it/ what were your experiences with it?  How long does it last and how often do you have to re-apply?

* What is the best type/brand to buy?

* Are there any negative effects (I dont want to go bald!) ?

Thanks in advance.
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 6:50pm
Bump. Has anyone used cellophane?
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlantaJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2006 at 3:20pm
I used Cellophanes for years and my hair loved it. I just recently started using henna and I'm beginning to think my hair might like Cellophanees better actually.  Its really good for fine hair, it coats the hair and gives it weight and increases the thickness of the strand. I used to get them right after a relaxer so you know it's not damaging.

I think I'm going to use up this batch of henna that I have and give Cellophanes another whirl.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 11:55pm
Thanks for responding AtlantaJJ, I tried it out and it was wonderful.  My hair is so shiny now!!
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlantaJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 3:06am
Originally posted by HairAddict HairAddict wrote:

Thanks for responding AtlantaJJ, I tried it out and it was wonderful.  My hair is so shiny now!!
Oh, that's awesome.
I think I'm going to try it again to. Henna seems to be making my hair shed and dry for some reason.  Everyone's hair responds differntly to things. Cellophanes is a definate winner in my book!

Where did you purchase yours from?

Edited by AtlantaJJ - November 28 2006 at 1:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 7:47am
I did some research on the net and found alot of women were raving about a cellophane called "Sebastions Collorshines," and I wanted to try that one, however I didnt want to wait 2 weeks to recieve it in the mail so I just went to a local hair store and picked up "Jazzing" Clear Cellophane.  Im not sure how much better the other one is but this one made my hair shine SOO much.  I will probably stick with this one because it worked and it more convinient, however I may put in a order for the other one, one day to try it out.

My only other question is how long does it typically last & how often should you reapply.

Edited by HairAddict - November 27 2006 at 7:50am
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlantaJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by HairAddict HairAddict wrote:

I did some research on the net and found alot of women were raving about a cellophane called "Sebastions Collorshines," and I wanted to try that one, however I didnt want to wait 2 weeks to recieve it in the mail so I just went to a local hair store and picked up "Jazzing" Clear Cellophane.  Im not sure how much better the other one is but this one made my hair shine SOO much.  I will probably stick with this one because it worked and it more convinient, however I may put in a order for the other one, one day to try it out.

My only other question is how long does it typically last & how often should you reapply.
I have tried both and I found Jazzing to be drying over time. Colorshines seem to be more conditioning over time.

I used to get mine done over right after a relaxer, some times on the very same day because it reseals the cuticle.  If you wear one with a color, you can see the relaxer strip it right off your hair !!  The relaxer turns the same color as the Cellophane!! Shocked

Where did you find a place to order? I think I'm going to do the Cellophne again, I remember it making my hair feel sooo good!  I'm still not knocked out by henna just yet...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 3:06pm
Here is the Sebations webpage

You can buy it a number of online stores, here's one
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 8:50pm
Oooooooo. Tell me more.  Is there really such a huge difference in shine?
I'm in!
AshleyNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleyNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 12:14am
I use a cellophane called Jadore and it makes my hair really shiny and healthy looking.  I usually put red cellophane bcuz I like to stand out sometimes but Im going to start using clear so my hair can always look nice
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 8:00pm

I never heard of Jadore. What's the price range?

I'm in!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic