Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is It About You?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is It About You?
    Posted: November 19 2006 at 1:27am
When a woman asks if she should cut her hair short, why do some women say, "I did it and I regret it. You will too."

Likewise someone might say, "It was the best thing I ever did. You should too."

What does her personal preference have to do with the first woman's preference? She isn't the same person and doesn't share the same opinions. Some people who cut off a lot of hair like it and some don't. Just because it happened to her doesn't mean it will to EVERYBODY else.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 3:23am
Most advice (on anything, really) is given based on one's personal experience.  It's the same as if a friend asks whether she should buy a certain make of car.  The people who owned one and had a bad experience will say she shouldn't, while the ones who owned one and had a good experience will say she should.  Just because one person got a lemon doesn't mean everyone will.
More awesome than a manatee!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 4:14am
 I dont know,because I never do this. My sister in law does this and it drives me crazy. I'll say i got my hair cut,and she'll say,"how could you!"
Her hair is below her waist,but so fried and dead and looks really thin. I tell her I'd rather have shorter more healthier hair then have dead weeds.
Then I tell her if I want a mohawk,it's my priority,not hers.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 1:41pm
Some people seem to think only they know what looks best on another person, (and of course no two agree with each other on what that good look is exactly). I think the people who say "you'll regret it" about anything, without knowing you REALLY well, and knowing what YOU like really well,  are just those who lack the imagination to realize that people like different things from what they like.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:43pm
Because they are women!  Everything is so personal.  That is how they communicate. 
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic