Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Install tricks to help with crown issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JerCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install tricks to help with crown issues
    Posted: January 25 2007 at 1:19pm
If I try this, I'll let you know how it goes.

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 1:29pm
hmmm....with LG i can see me definatly messing that up big time with the reverse method...im envisioning that if i werent extremely careful i'll end up with a permanently-placed-in-the-reverse-weft
i might attempt it with the tape for my highest row next time
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 1:18pm
I was wondering too Sherri...in fact, I was checking in because I was sure you would have some words of wisdom.  Big%20smile

Wonder how reverse method would be using tape and/or LG...  In theory sounds good right?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 7:14pm
has anyone TRIED the reverse method? Im curious to hear any opinions and thoughts on the method.
valentine319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 9:22pm
Thanks Amm!  Everyone rocks here as usual! 
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 10:52am
The reverse method is putting the weft in and then flipping it the opposite way. There's a BHM member with some photos of how she does it.

http://public.fotki.com/carmend3/weaves-1/ The password is africa.
valentine319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 10:23am
Hi Sherrie,

What is the reserve method?  I'm still trying to get the crown thing down.  I have finally gotten an exact color match still dealing with crown issues.  You always help so many of us out here!  Cheers.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 10:39am
uggh.....I always *shudder* seeing those pictures of me with no hair! Shocked

This method works for me sometimes....sometimes it dont. I  And you need an EXACT color match as your roots, and enough hair on top to cover the tracks. I do like this method because I can leave the hair one length and dont even need layers if I dont want to layer. But most times my root color is much too brassy and the #613 wefts stick out too much that close to the top.
txs girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txs girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 7:09am
bumpTongue
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good, and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" Jer 29:11
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 9:56pm
Thanks Sherrie!!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 2:54pm
Wow Sherrie! I always thought you had really thick and long natural hair because your extensions are undetectable! You've inspired me to do twice the amount of hair I have in now, I LOVE all the body! I'm about ready to start doing my own extensions because my cousin who has been doing them for the last couple of years is starting to get sloppy and they are not placed well and she's not letting the keratin melt in with my hair enough so they are slipping! I dread trying to do fusion on myself! It would probably take all day! I think I'll get some hair that's wefted and try this method. I've never tried wefts because I'm so afraid they will show at my crown, plus I have really thin hair. Is the hair you have on handtied?
HAIR_VETERAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIR_VETERAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 10:22pm
Hey Kristie, really love the hair on fotki. That style suits you and look natural.
WEAVE WEARER SINCE 1991
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 9:39am
Lucky you Kristie!!!
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 12:44am
What I've done is to get my SO to help. (Initially I was too embarassed to ask him, but I've gotten over it!) It makes the install so much easier. He knows NOTHING about extensions so I do all the work I can and just walk him through the parts where I need a third hand or an eye in the back of my head. I use a spare weft as a practice/demo weft to show him how and where I want a weft placed. I've even got him doing the LG syringe thing along the back when I'm sandwiching. I gave him a practice weft and the syringe and showed him the amount of LG I wanted on it and let him experiment with the syringe. After a few installs he won't be so nervous and it should be a breeze getting those wefts in. I'm guessing my installs will soon take less than 30 minutes, and this with using only LG to attach the wefts. Even now, after two installs with him helping, I've noticed the back is neater and has fewer little hairs stuck in the glue. After a bunch of installs I know I can do it myself but it is so much faster and cleaner to have an assistant, let me tell you!
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 11:54pm
It gets easier with every install. But that is a good idea going to a local beauty school. I tried that with MY stylist (now former stylist, nobody touches my hair but me) but she had no real desire to learn, and didnt care how well she did the job...I quickly learned I could do it better myself!
nomorebaldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomorebaldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 11:34pm
Wow Sherrie that helps so much!  It looks so professional and mucho dollars, I wish I had octopus arms and hands like you.  I am too embarassed to ask a friend for help so my installs get a little better each time but I would love for someone else to do it.  Trouble here is there really isn't anyone who knows how to use the tape and lg method.  I was thinking of going to a local beauty school and seeing if anyone wanted the experience.  Any recommendations?  HOW DO YOU DO IT???  PS  I colored the FR some neutral blonde shades and it turned out beautiful.  I'm trying to get the hand of styling it.  It really is so soft and nice...
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2006 at 11:15am
wow thanks!!!
I'll try this soon
It's Official...
I'm Addicted To Hair Extensions!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 7:29am
Thanks Sherrie!
I think I am gonna try the LG on the top rows of my next install, just to see how undetectable liquid gold is compared to Protac.
The protac rows that never want to stay in long are the bottom ones for me. Funny how people have such fifferent experience w/ Protac!
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 5:08am
How do you hide those top wefts with such fine hair. Whenever I  check in the mirror, I swear they are always visible. UGGG.
Why not have a great hair day???
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 9:36am
I'm so impressed... wow!!! You're a
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic