Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it safe for me to get extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it safe for me to get extensions?
    Posted: November 26 2006 at 2:36pm
Hello all.

For the past two years, I have been highlighting my dark brown hair, blonde. Then a few months ago I moved on to bleaching. It didn't do as much damage as some stories I've heard of but of course I had a row of hair snap off along my neck, some short hairs under my bangs, a little breakage on the side, and of course some short flyaways. I think it sounds a lot worse than it really is.. or at least how it looks! I have just went back to being dark and I love it but my hair is short. Not all that short but I'm a sucker for long hair. Would it be safe for me to get microlinks? I am very anxious but also do not want to become bald :). My hair used to be very thick and it has thinned out a lot. I figured if I go extensions I could be confident with my hair and let my own hair grow out and become strong again but I am thinking that maybe extensions will not help that process?

Any help or suggestions would be great!
Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 2:07pm
Personally i prefer shrink links..they last longer and are pretty gentle on the hair!  Good luck!  The mark Barrington site has lots of info!
laurencemichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurencemichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 11:39am
there is one hair method on the market that will for sure grow your hair out while adding length and fullness
All About The Hair

laurence michaels Studio
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 10:42pm
I am naturally very very dark brunette and I would bleach my hair white.
I can def. say that with extensions you risk losing more hair, but just from breakage and not your scalp.
I also have gone back to the natural brown but my hair it still damaged, and I use Micro-rings, and do I DO notice damage.
Will I stop? Hell NO.
This is so fun!
But, if you're looking to grow your hair out.
IMHO stay away from fusion, microlinks, glue, etc.
^..^
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 7:15pm
Did you mean THIS instead of THERE? If not.. what method is that?! :)
KK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 1:46am
what about shrink liink method
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic