Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conditioner mix-ins, WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditioner mix-ins, WOW!
    Posted: November 30 2006 at 11:54am
Okay I have been reading threads raving about the benefits of adding oil, honey, or glycerine to conditioners for deep conditioning but I didn't think it was necessary...well I decided to experiment and WOW! I added honey to miss keys 10 en 1 and it gave me great slip and made the hair softer than ever! I also got excellent result adding olive oil& honey to Kenra MC. Especially try this after a ACV rinse...my hair was silk (it even made the scab hair soft). Does anyone here do this and if so what do you mix in?
Hair album
pw:Romeo
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 1:15pm
Do you deep condition with the honey or just use it with your rinse out conditioners?
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
LadyEsquire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyEsquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 8:26am
i have heard so many good things about honey.  i have got to try this because my hair has been dry lately.
journal: www.fotki.com/ladyesquire
email: ladyesquirehair@yahoo
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 9:39am

I add honey, molasses and glycerine to my deep conditioners( separately) and love the added benefits that they provide(shine , slip and softness). I also add glycerine to my leave-in conditioners.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 11:09am
I just use it with my rinse out conditioners, about a tbsp

Originally posted by ladyflash ladyflash wrote:

Do you deep condition with the honey or just use it with your rinse out conditioners?
Hair album

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 11:13am
I just did a conwash that had coconut milk, honey, molasses, VO5 conditioner and it was great....I have been on the fence about molasses because it does stop breakage but its stickier than honey to me but I loved it in the mix definetly going to continue adding it my conditioners.

Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

I add honey, molasses and glycerine to my deep conditioners( separately) and love the added benefits that they provide(shine , slip and softness). I also add glycerine to my leave-in conditioners.

Hair album
kriticalkare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriticalkare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 10:02pm
I add EVOO to my ORS conditioner. I get big time softness and nice slip.
brownie29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 1:01pm
Me too kriticalkare, I added EVOO to my hair mayo I really saw newgrowth fast!! It also took care of my itchy scalp. I had to ordered some more (ran out).
Lekair cholesteral plus didn't make my hair feel as soft and the itchiness is back
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 5:07pm

Its funny that honey would give added slip cause when I think of honey I think sticky. I have to try this one day!

Based on the responses I guess you can use it in deep cond and rinse outs. Doesn't matter?

KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 7:46pm

do you just pour in your hand with the conditioner or pour it in the bottle? i'm a bit slow sorryConfused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:21pm
I know I was shocked too ladyflash ....yes it is great for deep cond and rinse outs.

Its funny that honey would give added slip cause when I think of honey I think sticky. I have to try this one day!

Based on the responses I guess you can use it in deep cond and rinse outs. Doesn't matter?

Hair album

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:23pm
I have a plastic container that i am going to use only for conditioner mixes. i also found that using a relaxer applicator brush makes application less messy and quicker.

Originally posted by KeishaNSU KeishaNSU wrote:

do you just pour in your hand with the conditioner or pour it in the bottle? i'm a bit slow sorry[IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com/smileys/smiley5.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Confused" />

Hair album
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 12:41am
Ohh wow I need to jump on this and "go back to my roots" persay because when I was a child my mom did this on my head, especially adding honey to conditioner or making her own 'deep' condition mixture.
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

LadyEsquire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyEsquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 9:52pm
I was inspired by this topic and so today I mixed honey, evoo, and Mane-n-Tail conditioner.  I warmed it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and applied it to dry hair as a pretreatment for about 4 hours while I did some chores.  Shampooed w/Aussie Moist and Conditioned while I showered w/Nexxus Humectress.

I applied John Frieda's Anti-frizz Serum and Infusium 23 as leave-ins, and rollerset my hair.  My hair is 12 and a half weeks post-relaxer and my new growth is a bushy mess.  And I have been rollersetting for the passed two months or so, but this was the softest set I have had yet.

First time using honey...and my hair loves it.

Edited by LadyEsquire - December 17 2006 at 9:56pm
journal: www.fotki.com/ladyesquire
email: ladyesquirehair@yahoo
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 1:26pm
I finally tried the honey rinse! First I started by shmpooing my hair with a protein shampoo because I have been experiencing a whole lot of shedding and breaking. Then I follwed up with protein conditioner mixed with a little moisturizing conditioner. Rinse. Then did a rinse out with just moisturizing cond. Rinse. Then mixed about 1/2 a tablespoon of honey with water and poured over my head then just a bit of cond to leave in. My hair really was soft and I didn't need to spend that much time detangling as I roller set my hair for the night. I will definitely try this again maybe using more honey and mixing into the cond before I apply.
Wow such great info to Know!!Thumbs%20Up Thanks for posting black honey!
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prada3721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 10:37am

I have a similar mixture of:  honey, evoo, le kair cholesterol and I use that as a pre treatment and then do my conditioning and ITA with the OP that it does REALLY add moisture.  Its great. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 3:54pm
So glad to hear that others are benefiting from this too...now I can't imagine putting just plain old conditioner on my hair now lol

Edited by blackhoney112 - December 19 2006 at 4:00pm
Hair album
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 7:31pm
I may have asked this before, but what is EVOO?
HairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 1:05pm

I may have asked this before, but what is EVOO?

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic