Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

white blonde.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marilyn_d. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marilyn_d. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: white blonde.
    Posted: December 08 2006 at 2:15am
I'm thinking of going Christina Aguilera white blonde/black in about a month or so, but after reading some topics, am having second thoughts.

I've previously treated my hair quite roughly and am not sure it could withstand all the bleaching to get so white. Also, my hair is store-bought black [although I've found it washes out/fades considerably, to a brown color].

Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated ^_^
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 10:43am
Your hair most likely WILL NOT whitstand the bleaching it takes to get it that WHITE. And you'd also have to understand, most likely Christina has extensions too, her hair is probably short on top, bleached white and then extentions are put in. Going that white is really hard on hair. Your stripping EVERYTHING from it.  I too was trying to get to something like that, but it is def. a LONG process and a risky one.

I dyed my hair OTC (store bought) black and just recently am lifting it back to blonde. It is not EASY. Specially if you are doing it all OTC. You could slowly lift it to a light blonde, but I doubt you'd get so far as to get it white without it DEF. Breaking off.

A year ago I got mine almost Plantinum and it really hurt my hair, it broke off in spots (which for me I didn't care cause I had layers.) and it was def. dry and brittle.

And if you went to a salon, they might not do it, or do it with LOTS of protest and it would cost you an ARM and a LEG.

Good luck though if you do try to attempt it. And if you do manage to get it there, tell me how you do it!!! :)

~* Bambi Lee *~
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:57pm
its a fun look, but that white blonde hair is really damaging....it's good if you are going to keep it in a very short style where you can snip off the hair as it breaks off
Carieann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 12:27pm
I tried to attempt this too this past summer, and I did it at home, and so much of my hair broke off, and Im still trying to grow it out. I seriously dont recommend this, I know it looks so good I love it too, but its just too much the hair, I wish I never tried it, especially if you haven't been nice to your hair before, (which I wasn't either), you will definetly not be happy with the out come! Wish you lots of luck!!!! Big%20smile
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 9:04am
I had a similer style, but the oppisite, I had black hair which i had layered and then had some white blonde extensions but in, It looked rather nice, maybe go for some extensions intsead, it'd be easier on your hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marilyn_d. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 6:30pm

hee hee. thanks for thoughts all! Approve I just started a new job, and don't want to go too outrageous anymore, but SDOW, that sounds even better reversed!! Now I'll need to investigate extensions in my area/cost/etc. Pinch buuut..I've seen people talk about doing them themselves?? If anyone has first hand/second hand knowlege, that would be great Smile

ayron318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayron318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:38pm
yuh i know for sure that Christina has black extentions ..... I have black/white too without extensions and my hair is in awesome condition but i had it done

~princess~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~princess~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 5:21pm
I wouldnt recommend bleaching your hair that light! I know some celebs have it done but they are done by pros that have had alot of experience! It would cerntainly damage your hair and also be a tough upkeep!!
Anyways whatever you decide to do good luck!
~*princess*~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marilyn_d. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2006 at 1:31am

ok, I'm very very seriously considering extensions. I've read up a bit, and am thinking wefts (sp?) would be easiest, considering the DIY factor. I also read [about 15 mins. ago] about the hair Bohyme makes [i think it starts with an E, cannot remember the name to save my life.] it was about $40 "a piece" or something along those lines?? I could be horribly wrong.

anywho, as I want the white blonde, I was wondering if these colors were ok http://store.bohyme-ext.com/haircolorchart.html , No. 60 [it's white] , or No. FS1B/130 [white/black]

chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 10:53am
Originally posted by ~princess~ ~princess~ wrote:

I wouldnt recommend bleaching your hair that light! I know some celebs have it done but they are done by pros that have had alot of experience! It would cerntainly damage your hair and also be a tough upkeep!!
Anyways whatever you decide to do good luck!

You definitely want to only bleach to  very pale yellow(inside or light of banana peel) NOT WHITE  and then tone with a violet toner and use lots of purple shampoo! You can leave it on wet hair under a shampoo cap for half an hour if you want.

Edited by chinastop - December 30 2006 at 10:54am
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 4:29pm
Does leaving in purple shampoo really work? I'm so impatient and won't wait very long for mine... but I don't have light blonde hair..... hmm.
~* Bambi Lee *~
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 4:05pm
Here's what I think will happen---

Claude's intro thread is amazing stuff, he shows you the undertones, so if you put purple over level 8 hair eg., (which has an undertone of orange), it will get "darker" to the eye instead of lighter.
ArmyWife0923 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyWife0923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 11:40pm
I did this to my best friends hair last year.  It broke off some but she has really strong hair.  We had to bleach it 3 times(I think) to get it that white then I added the black afterwards I did the black 2 times to get it to stick. 
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 1:02pm
That must be what happened to my hair. It was lighter than it was now, before i used my purple shampoo, then i started using it and it got darker. hmmm... I'm gonig lighter though yet.
~* Bambi Lee *~
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 9:51pm
If you want to do a two-tone look be careful.  The black will muddy up the blonde resulting in a greyish color.  I think it's fine to go for the platinum look, just as long as you condition your hair with good products & stay away from heat styling, especially flat ironing, as much as possible.  Also, try to lighten your hair gradually instead of taking it up several levels in one step.  Your hair will look much better.  Nothing looks worse than fried white-blonde hair. 
thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic