Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Simpson short red wig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 8:18pm
Hal, I was about to post that "the foul odor in here will be clearing out now" but it looks like you've already got your source for info. Tongue
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 8:54pm
Dave I'm not sure where you have been or what you did while you were away... but on your first day posting you have landed on the same side of 2 post as Arch and I!  I want the old Dave back...lol
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 8:22am
Say it ain't so!!!

Welcome back Dave.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 8:31pm
Hal, Arch -- LOL

Stranger things have happened, you know.  I don't think I'm entirely predictable. Tongue
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 7:41am
It looks beautifull, So much better than blonde!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 9:26am
Please allow me to share a tiny bit of Jessica trivia.

When Ken first met Jessica he told me her hair was fried, bleached, breaking off in patches and just a major disaster.  Before that point when they met she had worn her Texas hair very long (without extensions) and a slightly darker blonde.  Once her record label got ahold of her, a new stylist decided to bleach her ala Christina & Brittany and make a name for themselves (stylists do that ya know).

Anyway...at one point after Ken added the emergency hair extensions that he literally hand sued on a red eye flight from LA to NYC for Jess, they (Ken & hair colorists Rita Hazan) dyed her hair chocolate brown to give her hair some recovery time from the disastrous bleach job.  It was the only thing that they could do at that point to try and get her hair back to healthy.

Does anyone remember her with brunette hair?  It was during the time she was the Face of Redken.  Does anyone remember that?  I think I have a photo somewhere unless one of you does that you can post here.

According to Ken and Rita, Jess did not like being a brunette and loves being a blonde.  But when they were working on the new wigs (being introduced in 2007 following upon the heels of the HairDo extensions which came out a few months ago) Jessica fell in love with the red wigs. 

Don't be surprised if you don't see her in a range of brunette wigs (light to dark brunette) down the road.  While she still prefers being a blonde, the beauty of her new wig line is that she can be brunette or red for literally nanoseconds before switching back to blonde.

By the way, if you think Jessica has awesome hair, please stop by the front page of HairBoutique.com and vote for her on our Celeb Female -Best Hair of 2006 - on the left hand side of the HB front page. 

The poll closes in a few days and I am pulling for Jess since I love how daring she is with her hair all the time.

And yes....CarolRedSkirt is no more..........Andrew, Jeff and others were watching CRS closely and the IP addresses were tracking to some of our known trollsters.  We have a few here at HB.com that have been making mischief for some time.

One last tidbit...we no longer publicly post when some is removed, they just disappear.  Poofffffffff.

Edited by Karen Shelton - December 19 2006 at 9:32am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

When Ken first met Jessica he told me her hair was fried, bleached, breaking off in patches and just a major disaster.  Before that point when they met she had worn her Texas hair very long (without extensions) and a slightly darker blonde.  Once her record label got ahold of her, a new stylist decided to bleach her ala Christina & Brittany and make a name for themselves (stylists do that ya know).

Anyway...at one point after Ken added the emergency hair extensions that he literally hand sued on a red eye flight from LA to NYC for Jess, they (Ken & hair colorists Rita Hazan) dyed her hair chocolate brown to give her hair some recovery time from the disastrous bleach job.  It was the only thing that they could do at that point to try and get her hair back to healthy.

Hi Karen, thanks for sharing that tidbit of info.

I presume you meant "hand-sewed?"  Or maybe you were thinking of what she wanted to do to the stylist who destroyed her hair? Smile

Stylists who seek to make a name for themselves deserve to get a bad reputation for foisting such disasters.  If they seek the credit for a job well done, they should also be willing to accept their lumps when they mess up.  Fair is fair, after all.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Karen, thanks for sharing that tidbit of info.

I presume you meant "hand-sewed?"  Or maybe you were thinking of what she wanted to do to the stylist who destroyed her hair? Smile

Stylists who seek to make a name for themselves deserve to get a bad reputation for foisting such disasters.  If they seek the credit for a job well done, they should also be willing to accept their lumps when they mess up.  Fair is fair, after all.

Hi Dave,

Yes...hand sewn.  My apology.  My spell checker did not catch that as an error.  My face is now red.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 10:10pm
Please, no need for apology Karen, I was just wondering if her entertaining thoughts of suing the bleaching stylist was an untold part of the story.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:44pm
I like the red hair,the style is kinda poofy though.
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 6:32pm
Here's a different shade of red from a while ago:

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/jessica-simpson/jessica-simpson-tries-red-hair-fails-001196

jess%20red
BTW I guess I'll be the lone gay checkin in on this thread!  It's so silly I always thought it was almost only women who posted here except for the teen boards, nice to meet ya'll.
  I actually wish there were more men hairstyles posted here, like I think Criss Angel has really cool hair.

(PS: Karen is there anyway you can make the quick reply text box longer?  It's so short!)

Edited by chinastop - January 05 2007 at 6:33pm
ChloeRae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChloeRae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 12:22am
Wow, for once (IMO) she looks like a hottie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic