Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running
    Posted: December 14 2006 at 4:54pm
I know I have asked about running before but this is a little different. How long should I run each day? I have P.E after Christmas and it's an 90 min of exercise. How many calories do you think this will burn? Should I have to do any extra exercise?

Also what (besides water, I have a prob with it) would be a good drink I can take in my lunch?
March 2007:

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 2:28am

Last I heard, for people trying to lose weight, it's recommended to get 60-90 mins of exercise per day.  Some people who are very resistant to weight loss might need more.

Cals burned during exercise vary based on your height, weight, and the intensity of the exercise.  I'm a member at calorie-count.com and I use their food and activity logs to keep track of my cals in and out.  Maybe you could join there or at a similar site to keep track.

What problem do you have with water?  If you just don't like the taste, maybe take Fruit2-0 or something similar?  Otherwise, the best things I could think of are fruit juice (100% fruit, not a sugary c*cktail) or low- or non-fat milk.  Juice and milk have cals, but at least they're nutritious.  I try not to drink empty cals. . . like ever, if I can help it. . .
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 5:19pm
I do NOT like the taste. Here it tastes like, dust is in it. If I drink alot at one time I get to feeling sick and about a glass will do that.
March 2007:

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Precious Girl Precious Girl wrote:

I do NOT like the taste. Here it tastes like, dust is in it. If I drink alot at one time I get to feeling sick and about a glass will do that.

Perhaps you should purchase a Brita pitcher; it will filter your water thereby making it taste much better.

You can also jazz up your water by adding slices of orange, lemon, lime, or cucumber.

As for the running-it is hands down the best way to drop weight and get into shape. You should start slow, maybe even a run/walk combo and every night walk a little less and run a little more. Eventually you will be able to run longer. Try aiming for 4-5 runs per week up to 30 minutes (light jog or walk/run combo) to start.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 10:06pm
I used to have the same problem with water. I no longer do, but when I did I added lemon flavored crystal light and problem solved. I could drink it all day. And there are other flavors too.

I try that fruit2O stuff, but I hate it with a passion. I makes me gag when I try to drink alot of it.

The time you spend working out depends on your body type (endomorph, mesomorph, ectomorph, or a combination, endo-meso, meso-endo etc)
If you are for example a endo-meso. your work out ratio should be 60-40. 60% cardio, 40% strenght training. The combination will give better and faster results.

Good luck! hope you reach your goal.

Edited by Sharyg11 - December 29 2006 at 10:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 5:00pm
How do you know which morph you are?
March 2007:

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 10:46pm
You can google it for a more specific explanation, but basically Endomorphs are very thin, small frame, long arms, limbs and fingers. It is very hard for them to gain weight or muscle.

Endomorphs are soft and curvy. They have a tendency to gain weight quickly and difficulty to loose it. On women, it will usually cause them to gain more weight on the lower body (although that is not always true) lower abdomen, butt and thighs. On men, most of the fat is stored around the waist and abdomen, which is more dangerous because of the risk of heart attacks. Limbs are usually short compared to the torso. Think Robin Williams or Oprah Winfrey

A Mesomorph is the type we all want to be. Hard bodies, avility to gain muscle and loose fat eaisly. Bodies a pretty propotioned and weight is usually distributed evenly. Think Antonio Sabatto JR, Sylvester Stalone and Demi Moore.

It is very hard to find a pure type. Most of us are combinations. For example I am an Endo-Meso. A combination of of Endomorph and Mesomorph. I'm voluptous and can gain weight faster than a pure Meso but not as much as a pure Endo. I can loose fat eisier than a pure Endo and can put on muscle easier than one too (although not as easy as a pure Meso). I'm sort of in the middle. If I eat right I can maintain a nice shape. If I eat right and exercise, I can look great, eventhough it takes a little more effort that it would take a pure Meso, or a Meso-Endo (again I'm a Endo-Meso) but deft. not as much effort as a pure Endo.

A good example of a Meso-Endo is Jennifer Lopez. Great shape, but if she stops working out, it could mean trouble. 

A pure Meso (my little sister) can eat pretty much anything and not workout and still look great. My little sister had a six pack by the time she was 9, and the girl can not do a sit up for her life. Not even when she was in the Army. She can do push ups, squats, flutter kicks but no sit ups, and still she has abs of steal. She is naturally muscular, her arms and thighs are naturally defined. She had a baby and 4 months later her six pack was back. After the baby, she can gain a little more weight than before, and her skin is a little softer (not that the naked eye can tell) but no big deal. She put on 17 lbs of muscle during boot camp, which is only 3 months. And if you see her now, you would never know she even has a kid.  That lucky B---- LOL! My mom says she never even had baby fat. She was a skinny baby.

My oldest sister is the total opposite. All she has to do is look at the pots on the stove and she gains a pound, LOL.

I'm sort of in the middle. Medium size, curves, but nicely shaped.

Your body type determines which diet is best for you, what exercise type and combination is right.

Google Body types and you can get more info. Or get the book Workout for dummies. It has all that info and alot more. It is really good.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 10:13am
Precious Girl, I'm a runner (I compete in marathons) but I wasn't always a runner! Feel free to PM me if you want additional running suggestions.

Good for you for getting started!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic