Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new to extensions- looking for the safest method
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new to extensions- looking for the safest method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jmgg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to extensions- looking for the safest method
    Posted: December 17 2006 at 11:55am

I am recovering from a poor decision to cut my bra lenght hair into a chin-lenght bob. I just HATE it and am considering extentions to get me through.

I am looking for a system that will allow my hair to grow and not cause any damage.

I thought Hairlocs would give me this but I am seeing negative things about it here. For every system I learn about that claims to not cause growth I will find something else that says it wrecks your hair.

Also, anyone know of someone in the SC to GA area (Charleston to Savvanah) that is a good artist.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 9:11pm
Yes, that's true. Not all systems work for everyone and there's no data anywhere that shows there's a universal method that can be installed without some damage.

Rare is the person who wears extensions and successfully grows out their hair. Extensions can cause thinning and there's the chance you will have much thinner hair than when you started and you'll have to get it cut bringing you back to square one.

Hopefully someone can chime in here with a good extensionist in your area if you simply must have them. Personally, if all I had to do was wait for my hair to grow out -and I had good hair to begin with- I wouldn't go near extensions (with the exception of clip-in sets). :)   Good luck!

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:13pm
Yep, I definatly agree with Amm about waiting.

gr8hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 7:31am
I have many clients with the same problem..  I didn't do the hair cut, just dealing with the aftermath of wanting long hair again. I can sugest clip-ins you can put them in everyday if you want or just every now and then, and they do not cause damage to your hair.. or at least verry verry little.            I hope this helps if you need any info on other methods please let me know... and if you want to know about clip-ins aswell   
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 3:26pm
Stay away from fusion and mircolinks
^..^
corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 5:13am

< id="hexColValue" value="" size="10" style="cursor: default;" ="text">
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 5:18am
I tried to message you, not sure if the message went through.  I was basically saying that what the others have said is right.. please dont get any form of permenant hair extensions if you expect your hair to grow!  All of my permenant extensions clients have now switched to clip in hair.  Have a nose through my site (below) also I am sure there are other people here too who will be happy to assist you with clip ins.

Good luck with your hair,
Craig xx
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic