Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

removing fusion with heat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: removing fusion with heat?
    Posted: December 24 2006 at 4:52am
I'm glad you gals brought this up...I thought of trying to remove my fusion with heat, but I put mine in by myself and already the bonds are much longer than normal. I had no real control cos I couldn't see properly, you know, I sort of aimed the heatwand in the right direction, trying not to burn my scalp and/or fingers .
So, pliers and acetone it is!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 11:25pm
Well girls I tried it removing fusion with heat, and ..like you all said, it got the bonds out super quick, but taking out that glue was a nightmare. Especially with my Socap bonds, man those are strong bonds (which normallly is great thing, not so much though during removal). Im not sure if I will try it again. I have used it for shrinks and it works fine, but on fusion. Im not sure. Just thought Id post my experience and thank all of you for the heads up.

p.s Metalgirl have you gone to your Socap class?
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 1:17am
 Hi. I've used heat to remove my own keratin fusions and wished to God that I hadn't. It does get the bond out quicker but it spread the glue and I had to then go back and remove the glue which took longer. If someone else had done it for me they may have been able to control the spread. I prefer to remove it all in one step instead of two. I just switched to a bottle with a bigger hole in the nozzle to apply more acetone to the bond  and wiggled it a little and it was much faster, I didn't need pliers. Just make sure the hole in the nozzle isn't to big or it'll run all over the place.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 10:33am
I have used heat to remove fusion and shrinkies.  With fusion it can get a little messy because you have to get the melted residue out of the hair.  It's worth a try though, as long as your careful.
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 9:12am
Thanks Beth  for the info

So would you say its less time consuming then acetone  & pliers or about the same?

B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 9:06am
I have found that a little heat can help w/removal for fusion, but that also seems to spread the remaining glue down more of the hair shaft so I usually don't use any unless the bond is being really subborn. 

With shrinkies though it's a little bit different.  As long as I've used some nail glue for my tips I can apply some heat & the strand comes right out and there's only minimal glue left to get off so I do like it in that case.

I guess the bottom line is that it can help w/getting the extensions out but you'll still have the glue remnants to address. 

HTH  Smile

Beth
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 8:52am
Hello All,

I have a question for all you ladies out there. This last saturday i was removing one of my client's fusion hair extensions, and she told me that where she use to go to get her hair extensions, they would remove her fusion with heat. She said they would use a flat iron to melt the bond out of the hair , and then put something on the rest of the hair. Has anyone tried this? Is this safe?  Ive always used the Socap remover gel or just plain acetone with pliers to remove fusion extensions. But the way my client describes it, this other method sounds quicker. Being that my hand gets tired of squeezing. I wouldnt mind trying something new,  I mean in some ways it makes sense, we tell our clients to avoid heat at the bonds because we know they will melt, but I just wanted to make sure its safe.  So those of you who have some experience with this let me knowEmbarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic