Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

back to combs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 9:57am
For anyone who's interested.....
Here's a link that I got from The Long Hair Site: Sierra Legacy Hardwood http://www.combmaker.com/html/home.html  These combs are pretty expensive, but very good quality handmade ones.

(heheh... I think I'll just stick to my $7 horn comb for now)
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 1:29pm
I have eying those combs for months.They're so pretty.My email doesnt work with rics though.So I guess I'll just have to call the number.I need one.LOL
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 4:36pm
what beautiful combs. I love the black cherry one.
I ordered a bone comb off hairsense and recieved the wrong one. I called the lady and she said I paid for the detangler, but ordered the cutting comb. I don't know how this could happen because I clicked on the buy button that was one the picture off the comb I wanted. Oh, Well. SHe said I could return it and she would send me the right one. I am going to, I just hope she sends me the right one this time. Why does it have to be so hard to find a good comb?

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 10:28am

Alisa, I hope you can get things straightened out with them and get the right one this time.  Let us know how you like it! 

The only type of natural comb I've ever used is my bull horn one that I picked up at a medieval faire last year.  I'm wondering if there's any noticeable difference between horn, bone, and wood....  Is there anyone who has used different ones and compared the results?
sarah
40 inches
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 2:55pm
Thats a good question. I have wondered that myself. I keep going back and forth between wood, horn, and all the others,and about it all. 

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 1:06pm
i FINALLY found a 2 dollar seamless comb at Sallys there just now starting to carry one. i was excitedby the price so i bought 4 lol.
Babycheeks
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 4:44pm
Sally's, huh? I haven't been in there for awhile. I live in a small town where we have nothing but a safeway and a grocery store that is privatley owned. I live an hour and a half from a large city though, and they do have a Sally's. I'll have to check it out next time I go. I did but one at wal mart that looks seamless. It is by goody, and is part of the ouchless collection.

Alisa06  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

i FINALLY found a 2 dollar seamless comb at Sallys there just now starting to carry one.

Thanks for sharing.  That's nice to know for future reference.  I was just in there day before yesterday, but I didn't look at the combs....
sarah
40 inches
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 8:39pm
i believe this is one of the seamless ones i saw at sallys
Babycheeks
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 10:46am
I'm a comb collector... and part of my collection is this one from Heavenly Harvest Inc. It works just as well as a wooden comb, except it doesn't make "that singing sound" that a hardwood comb does.

The HH comb is a lot cheaper and is very portable - the teeth are not easily broken. And if you want it smoother, it's possible to get fine grit sandpaper and work it down.

It's probably not ok for we usage. Rachael Stephens used to have a great line of handmade combs but they're discontinued at UncommonScents.com. UncommonScents still carries Speert and Kent combs, both of which I believe are seamless and shower safe.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:09pm
Thank you for sharing , Anais.

I haven't gotten the comb yet. I decided to keep the cuttng one, I thought it would be good for styling my daughter's hair and cutting my son's. I did find one on ebay that is an ox horn comb.I dont't remember the store name. It says civil war era women's comb in the by-line. It came to $14 with shipping.I like combs to, different ones for different times.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic