Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A little hair help would be greatly appreciated!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A little hair help would be greatly appreciated!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~*Kristin M*~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Kristin M*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little hair help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Posted: April 16 2001 at 7:48pm
Hello,
My name is Kristin and I am 17 years old.
I am *trying* (keyword here is trying) to grow
my hair out and later get it done like Maura Tierney (E.R.) has hers. Now my question is *what* can I do in the meantime to make it look even semi-presentable to public? The reason I ask is because I have had short hair for a very very long time, and everytime I try to grow it out, I just get frustrated and end up cutting it again. I am almost at this point now and I don`t want to be. My hair used to be cut in a "Skaters Cut" where it was long on top shaved all the way around. I`m trying to grow it out now and its very frustrating. right now most of my hair is *about* to my lip my bangs a little longer maybe to my chin...not to mention its pretty thin and fine..is there anything I can do w/o cutting my hair to achive some type of style or even a shorter verison of Maura Tierneys hair for the time being? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!,
~*Kristin*~

P.S. if you do not know what Maura Tierneys hair looks like, here is a link..

http://members.nbci.com/maurapics/Pages/ER/ThyWillBeDone/Frameset.htm

there are alot of different pictures on there to look at maybe from different angels and what not!

Thanks again!
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2001 at 12:17am
I had the same cut but mine was shaved about 1/2 inch above my ears and spiked on top, then i started growing out and hit your style for a while.

I am now at a bob about 2-3 inches above bra. I just grew out the layers. Take the pic to your stylist and let her know that is your goal. She/he can help you morph to that style.

I wanted a one length cut. I have a pic of my goal posted in the bathroom so everytime I get frustrated and want to cut it off I look at the pic. That is the only thing that keeps me from cutting my hair when I get frustrated sometimes. I just went thru this yesterday with the "I want a cut" mood. Hubby talked me out of it. I am going in for a dusting trim on monday since it`s the new moon.

cutting on the new moon helps the hair grow faster....

hth
trix
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
babybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2001 at 11:07pm
Reply to message: 21.1709.1
hey girl, iam also 17 years old, but i went through this a little bit earlier. i too had my hair to about my chin and it shaved up underneath. what i did was just let it grow a little bit, trim it to try to let the under part catch up with the upper part. my stylist told me that when you have it shaved underneath that your best bet would be let the shortest part catch up with the longest before you try to let your hair grow out!!that is what i did and my hair now is about 1\2 down my back!! GOODLUCK!!!!!!!
~*Kristin M*~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Kristin M*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2001 at 11:21pm
Hey again,
Thanks so so much for the tips! I am definitly going to do the thing with the photo on the bathroom door! I might also print out a picture and take it to my stylist see how they can help me. If anyone else has tips just throw them at me! :) Thanks!

Bye Bye,
-Kristin M
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2001 at 11:32am
It sounds like you are nearly there. I think taking a picture to a stylist and letting them help you get there is a great idea. Sometimes "cleaning up" your look is all you need to continue with your resolve to grow it out. At least it will be different and probably a bit better if you have been growing for a long time without a trim. Good luck. I have been trying to grow for quite some time now and keep succombing to the urge to cut it off. Then I get unhappy again and want it to grow. I can be a long process.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2001 at 8:57pm
Reply to message: 21.1709.1
Kristen, first thing you need is paticences. Don`t give up if this is relly what you want. When growing out short hair it looks like crap before it gets better. You don`t want to not trim your hair, about every 3-4 months you should get a 1/4 inch trim just to keep it looking good and to promote new growth. When in public try wearing hats or bandanas, which are in style now. every time you think about cutting your hair try doing some thing else to get your mind off cutting your hair. Short hair is sexy too. Good luck and let us know the out come.

Scott :->
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic