Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair and Body Health Challenge 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 7:58pm
Hi Ladies. Is it too late to join inBig%20smile
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:41pm

thanks ladies... it took 3 mths to lose 20 lbs. sheesh. but i think it is better than the fast way.

mshoney. welcome. never too late to join. Thumbs%20Up
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by kellie7777 kellie7777 wrote:

thanks ladies... it took 3 mths to lose 20 lbs. sheesh. but i think it is better than the fast way.

mshoney. welcome. never too late to join. Thumbs%20Up

20lbs. in three months is pretty darn goodClap
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

20lbs. in three months is pretty darn goodClap
Alright I'm in too.. (Dang girl.. you mean I GOTTA be good??!!LOLLOL) Gotta think of what my hair goals are and I'll post back..

Edited by Divavocals - April 06 2007 at 2:28pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 3:26pm
Well I for the most part I have been sticking to my diet but started to slack on my exercising but I had a big paper to due so I'll blame it on that lol I bought Smooth move tea, dandelion tea, and carrot juice. I drink the dandelion 3x a day and smooth move if I have a tummy ache. The carrot juice taste so nasty so I am going to get some other juices to mix it with....I add horsetail extract to it and drink it in the morning. I feel lighter and my skin is looking clearier. Upcoming goals are: minimun 3x weekly exercise, take my vitamins, and 1x weekly cowashing in addition to 2x washing. (currently in braids)

Edited by blackhoney112 - April 06 2007 at 3:29pm
Hair album
pw:Romeo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 3:28pm
I heard that some juices have too much sugars but I really want to try juicing with carrot juice...any suggestions on what I can mix with the carrot juice? I was thinking apple and something else?
Hair album
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

I heard that some juices have too much sugars but I really want to try juicing with carrot juice...any suggestions on what I can mix with the carrot juice? I was thinking apple and something else?
Apple juice is a nice compliment to the carrot juice.. The two flavors should blend very well..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 11:09am
Thanks for the advise Divavocals I was scared that the carrot would overprower the apple but since you says it compliments I am going to give it a try!
*** Btw I love your hair if don't mind me asking what is your regime

Anyone else that is trying to detox I have to give a rave for Dandellion tea...it taste delicious and helps to clear you up! I tried Smooth move tea but it didn't work as well....Has anyone tried Colonix?
Hair album
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 1:34pm

Thanks for the advise Divavocals I was scared that the carrot would overprower the apple but since you says it compliments I am going to give it a try!
You're welcome girl.. I had a friend that had one of those juicer contraptions, and she made me some carrot apple juice, and FORCED me to taste it.. I was surprised that I actually liked it..LOL

*** Btw I love your hair if don't mind me asking what is your regime
Awww girl.. thanks.. I'm wearing weaves now to grow out a SUPER short cut I did in '04. I cut my APL length hair down to a short tapered style. (Think short like Fantasia or Halle short!Shocked) I've cut my hair before, but nothing quite this drastic. (at least not since the day when I decided to get a Jheri Curl!!!LOL) It was bold move on my part and I LOVED the cut, but realized that I had to keep it short for it to continue to look nice.. So the beginning of '05 after 9 months of wearing super short hair, I decided it was time to grow my own hair back. So I put my weave back in.

My own hair is growing very well under the weave. (Just now grazing my shoulders again!Thumbs%20Up) My care routine is pretty simple. I stick to sulphate free shampoos (Creme of Nature--Green label, Sexy Hair Chocolate Soy, and Enjoy Luxury), and I have a shower filter.. I haven't found my IT conditioner yet, but have been using a coupla of the ION of moisturizing conditioners..

Up until recently I was relaxing only the hair that I left out for blending in my weave, but 6 months ago elected to go without a relaxer to see how I feel about leaving relaxers behind.. (still not sure how I feel about this just yet..Confused) Debating whether to go back to relaxers or do the BC.. I may do the BC anyway regardless of which way I go..

My choice of leave-in conditioners is down to Giovanni's Pro Fusion and the Sexy Hair Soy Leave-In.. For daily moisture I'm torn between Elasta's Mango Butter, ORS Carrot Oil Creme, and good ol' Vitapointe.. I'm keeping heat down to a minimum. I air dry my hair after my weekly wash unless I need to dry faster for a special occasion.. I only flat iron once a week the hair I leave out for blending (using Chi Silk Infusium).

That's about it.. Just gotta decide now what my actual hair and weightloss goals are.. You ladies are an impressive bunch.. I am inspired reading your posts!!!Tongue

Edited by Divavocals - April 09 2007 at 3:50pm

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 2:15pm
Did you say Jheri curl? You are boldTongue. What type of weave is in your pic.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 2:53pm
                   MS HONEY
Hair type:3b/c
Relaxed/texturized/natural/transitioning: natural
Hair regimen: condition daily w/ Pantene Hydrating Curls, still experi. w/ leave in's

Present hair length: 1 in.( did the BC down to 1/4 in Dec. '06)

Hair length goal: at least 3 in. by Dec.'07

Hairstyle goal: to get my fusion back in while Michael Jordan and    Leonardo DiCaprio are still single, Simon Bakers already marriedLOL

What styling/products methods you want to increase or decrease the use of: start using hair growth vitamins, settle on leave-in conditioner w/shea butter in it?

Health goal: 5-10 lbs. a month( Atkin's) to combat weight gain from PCOS

What foods you want to increase or decrease the consumption of: increase protein w/protein water, decrease white carbs 

Exercises: resume 10 miles or more daily on recumbent bike

Edited by MSHONEY - April 09 2007 at 3:20pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 3:56pm

Did you say Jheri curl? You are boldTongue. What type of weave is in your pic.
Yes ma'am I did venture down the Jheri curl road.. Wanted one so bad I went 3 or 4 months with no relaxer and then did a BIG chop and cut my BSL hair down to 1 1/2 inches.. My mom was PISSED!!! But I had visions of curls I didn't have to roll or hot curl hair to get, and NOTHING not even my hair was gonna stop me from getting 'em!Tongue Mommy was not quite as thrilled or facinated as I was..LOLLOL

I am wearing a sew in weave with Extensions Plus Natural Curl with a matching full skin closure.. You can see the rest of my pics if you go to the link in my siggy..

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 4:06pm
how long were you and Jheri together?LOL. I wanted one too but I was not about to cut my hair that short, it WAS the '80's. My girlfriend had to have hers chopped off for a week before her curl and she wasn't the most attractive person to begin withConfused.  She had long pretty hair, after they finished with her she looked as if they glued some brillo pads to her head. I was scared straight, literally, after that. I probably ran home and made sure I had some perm left after that scare.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 4:32pm

how long were you and Jheri together?LOL. I wanted one too but I was not about to cut my hair that short, it WAS the '80's. My girlfriend had to have hers chopped off for a week before her curl and she wasn't the most attractive person to begin withConfused.  She had long pretty hair, after they finished with her she looked as if they glued some brillo pads to her head. I was scared straight, literally, after that. I probably ran home and made sure I had some perm left after that scare.
Jheri and I were together for about 4 years..LOLLOL It was cute even when it was super short.. (my mommy never quite got over that extreme cutLOLLOL) and I was never drippy or wet!LOL After 4 years my mom literally PAID me and the beautician that SHE hand picked -- she wanted to make sure that she had the woman in HER pocket so I couldn't talk the stylist into leaving the curl in -- to take that "thing" out of my hair!LOLLOL 

Ahhh it was good while it lasted.. I only have ONE picture left to remind me of my 80s slip!LOLLOL I moved on to 2 ton Diana Ross BIG weaves after that! Ahhhhhhh the 80s!!!LOL

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 5:07pm
Justin bought sexy back, I'm bringin' big hair back. Fran Dresher was my she-ro on the Nanny. I had big hair in the early '90's. I miss it so much. If we can get a bunch of forum girls to do it in the hair challenge for '08 we won't look crazyLOLLOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 6:58pm

Justin bought sexy back, I'm bringin' big hair back. Fran Dresher was my she-ro on the Nanny. I had big hair in the early '90's. I miss it so much. If we can get a bunch of forum girls to do it in the hair challenge for '08 we won't look crazyLOLLOLLOL
Girl I'd put a Jheri curl back in before I went back to all that BIG hair.. Too much hairspray and mousse required!LOLLOLLOL

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

Girl I'd put a Jheri curl back in before I went back to all that BIG hair.. Too much hairspray and mousse required!LOLLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL I'd risk it all for a two foot updo wig fallLOLLOLLOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 12:16pm

Okay.. here's mine..

Hair type: 4a

Relaxed/texturized/natural/transitioning: Transitioning (6 months post relaxer, and on the bubble about whether to complete my transition..)

Hair regimen: (repeated from previous post) I'm wearing weaves now to grow out a SUPER short cut I did in '04. I cut my APL length hair down to a short tapered style. (Think short like Fantasia or Halle short!)

I stick to sulphate free shampoos (Creme of Nature--Green label, Sexy Hair Chocolate Soy, and Enjoy Luxury), and I have a shower filter.. I haven't found my IT conditioner yet, but have been using a coupla of the ION of moisturizing conditioners..

Up until recently I was relaxing only the hair that I left out for blending in my weave, but 6 months ago elected to go without a relaxer to see how I feel about leaving relaxers behind.. (still not sure how I feel about this just yet..) Debating whether to go back to relaxers or do the BC.. I may do the BC anyway regardless of which way I go..

My choice of leave-in conditioners is down to Giovanni's Pro Fusion and the Sexy Hair Soy Leave-In.. For daily moisture I'm torn between Elasta's Mango Butter, ORS Carrot Oil Creme, and good ol' Vitapointe.. I'm keeping heat down to a minimum. I air dry my hair after my weekly wash unless I need to dry faster for a special occasion.. I only flat iron once a week the hair I leave out for blending (using Chi Silk Infusium).

Present hair length: Just grazing shoulders! Clap

Hair length goal: At least 3 in. by Dec.'07

Hairstyle goal: Just to keep my hair healthy.. I go through length changes all the time and as long as I can continue to grow healthy hair (and they still make remy hair and weaves), my only real goal is to keep my hair healthy!

What styling/products methods you want to increase or decrease the use of: Find a good conditioner(s) for my hair. IF I decide to run back to the "creamy crack"LOL I want to know what's the best relaxer for my hair type.

Health goal: 20-30 lbs. by year end which should hopefully allow me to lessen the diabetes meds I now have to take.

What foods you want to increase or decrease the consumption of: Increase water consumption!Angry

Exercises: Walking (my neighborhood is BEAUTIFUL!!!)

Edited by Divavocals - April 10 2007 at 5:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 1:26pm
The apple/carrot juice was yummy

Thanks for sharing your regime Divavocals, Sexy Hair Chocolate Soy shampoo sounds delicious...I have got to check this out. I love the weave it looks so natural, good luck with transitioning u can do it!---off you check out your site!
Hair album
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 5:06pm

The apple/carrot juice was yummy

Thanks for sharing your regime Divavocals, Sexy Hair Chocolate Soy shampoo sounds delicious...I have got to check this out. I love the weave it looks so natural, good luck with transitioning u can do it!---off you check out your site!
Told ya girl!Wink Thanks for the compliment!!! Definitely checkout the Sexy Hair Shampoo.. I want to BATHE in this stuff!!!!LOLLOL

Edited by Divavocals - April 10 2007 at 5:08pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic