Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair and Body Health Challenge 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 11:46am
Friday I deep conditioned my hair over night with LeKlair cholestoral...it smelled bad. Anyways, I detangled with it in and then washed it out.  Then I put in Parnevu leave- in conditioner and blow dried my hair.     Afterwards, I went to get my hair cornrowed....they reach to my armpit or a little below. I noticed it took longer than usual for the girl to braid them  $10.00.  Then I came home, sprayed my ends with a spritz of water and kukui nut body oil and put 2 beads on the end of each braid.  

Just to feel the wooden beads down my back is awesome and also that they come over my shoulder. WHen I was a kid i always wanted to wear beads and now I finally can.

Ok  

4/12/07   1 mile alternating jog and walk
4/15/07  2 miles on elliptical  30 mins
               yoga                        60 mins

Edited by cmesweet - April 16 2007 at 11:59am
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 8:55am
Hi,

I am a new member but i would love to share this piece of information with all of my friends. A few days back as I was searching on the net for some Hair Loss Treatments i came across this site called : http://www.cure-for.info

I saw in this site that they have mentioned hair Loss Treatments which are easy to do and very natural. They have no side-effects and they work wonders. I tried the tips mentioned on the site and beleive me it worked great for me. My hair loss has decreased drastically in a few weeks.
Well, guys they are some great tips and can be done easily too.
Go check it out.

Sashi
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 6:15pm
welcome sashi. which one did you try?
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 11:05pm
Hi,

Thanks a lot. I tried the first two points that have been mentioned on the site. It seems to be working. Today I noticed they have added another tip on the dandruff page to cure dandruff. I tried that recipe also, my hair has definitely become silky but, as in for dandruff I don't know how much it's helped, as today was the first time I applied the curd recipe mentioned. But, The texture of the hair has definitely improved after wash.

Sashi
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 6:14pm
My own hair update.. I have been wearing a sew in weave since 2005 as a protective style while I grew my hair back from a VERY short hair cut. As of last weekend, I am happy to note that my hair is now 1" past my shoulders. I took down my last install and flat ironed my hair just cause I haven't worn my own hair out in two years... It is thick and healthy, and the only relaxed area is the horseshoe are I left out for blending my hair with the weave. That area is now 6 months post relaxer.. I may continue down that path and go all natural.. (not sure still) So if things continue to go down this path I should be pretty close to APL by the end of the year.. I will be getting my new install next week.. I'm sooooo excited!!! Can't wait to see what my hair looks like at the end of this journey!

Edited by Divavocals - April 19 2007 at 6:16pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 11:23pm
All the best to you, I am sure you will great results.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 8:22am
I was late to yoga yesterday, but I hear yoga is great for the hair because you have to go into position that increases the blood flow to the scalp.  

This weekend, I walked around the neighborhood a few times as well.   

Happy Hair growing to everyone!

This will be week 2 for these cornrows, I will probably take them out on Friday.

Nappturality is having a Cornrow until Decemeber challenge. The only thing I'm afriad of is having stress on the hairline and causing alopecia from it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

fathia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fathia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 10:04pm

Hi everyone! I am new and would like to join the challenge. I have short naturl hair that is curly. It is neck length.  And would like to grow it to pass by shoulders. I really hope thats not impossible. I will keep a journal and keep you all updated. wish me luck!  Oh, and as for exercise and food. I just started doing cardio three times a week and running on some days. I am trying to eat healthy  and drink water and all that stuff. And also i will take a multivaitam once a day. And other things i should add to my routine plase let me now i am so new to this. Thanks

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 2:05pm
Welcome Fathia

It is possible for you to grow your hair pass your shoulders. It takes patience.  Sounds like you are off to a great start!

How is everyone else doing?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

fathia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fathia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 4:27pm

Thanks cmesweetThumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 9:28pm
hi ladies,
well i weighed in today, but no change on my 20 lbs. this is 2 weeks now..argghhh Crying3. but the one thing i know is that i am really working hard on the muskles, so i figure it is better than gaining and nothing to show for it.
cmesweet, yoga i have not done in a while, i hear it does send blood to the brain, i should try that. i may even have a video somewhere. i must sound like a hermit all these videos, but i do get out..  Lachen70i promise
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 9:43am
Kellie, I'm sure you are doing a great job with your challenge.
   I have alot of exercise videos too, plus the Fit TV network...so I can rest assure that you are not a hermit.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 12:33am
Thanks cmesweet. i need the encouragement. 2 wks without loss has taken a toll on me, especially with the taebo and slim in 6. man, that stuff is hard and then to see no weightloss Cry
i have even started eating more vegetarian meals.
So here's what i have decided, i am going to challenge slim in 6 and do only that for 6 wks and see what happens Whip
Last Relaxer Apr 06
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:00am
Originally posted by kellie7777 kellie7777 wrote:

Thanks cmesweet. i need the encouragement. 2 wks without loss has taken a toll on me, especially with the taebo and slim in 6. man, that stuff is hard and then to see no weightloss Cry
i have even started eating more vegetarian meals.
So here's what i have decided, i am going to challenge slim in 6 and do only that for 6 wks and see what happens Whip

Hi Kellie. Have you noticed any change in the way your clothes fit? Are they a little looser? You are probably replacing fat with muscle and won't see a change on the scale yet. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound is a pound no matter what it is.Smile
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 11:06pm

yes i am seeing looser clothing honey. especially where the 'girls' are concerned.

you do have a point. i really want to get myself together. Repeat after me " Good things are going to happen to me this year".... yeah!!!
Last Relaxer Apr 06
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 12:22am

yes i am seeing looser clothing honey. especially where the 'girls' are concerned.

you do have a point. i really want to get myself together. Repeat after me " Good things are going to happen to me this year".... yeah!!!

Have you ever tried Atkins. The have a 3 day fat fast that really jump starts weight loss.
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 10:46pm
i tried Atkins but i didn't last. i gotta eat... lol!!

But i started a program that actually detox first before getting into the eating plan. i think it is great, if they would only stop passing around tons of food at work... a girl can only resist for so long.....Wink
Last Relaxer Apr 06
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 10:37am
Has anyone found a solution to snacking? I bought almonds, yogurt, sugar free pudding, and special k and man they are going quick! I am glad that I am not eating cookies and chips but still....
Hair album
pw:Romeo
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 10:39am
It sounds like your doing really well kellie, I stopped using the scale and started using a measuring tape the scale was hurting my feelings lol

yes i am seeing looser clothing honey. especially where the 'girls' are concerned. [IMG]http://messenger.msn.com/Resource/emoticons/lightbulb.gif" />

Hair album
pw:Romeo
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 2:37pm
I got a job last week, working 8:30-3:00, so my morning workout routine is almost non-existent now.  I try to do a few stretches and at least some push ups before work because it makes me feel better.  I'm trying to get into doing it all when I get home.  Sometimes I'm bursting with energy when I leave work, but by the time I make the 30 minute drive home, all I want to do is take a nap. LOL  So I'm trying to work into a new routine.

I weighed in at 123 lbs 4 days ago!  I was 130 at the beginning of the year and my goal was to lose 5.  So now, I just have to work to keep it off for the rest of the year.  My job is also changing my eating habits.  I can't snack while working because my hands are constantly busy, so that's a good thing.  I do keep something to drink (usually fruit juice) handy to take a sip of now and then which keeps me from feeling hungry. 
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic