Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair and Body Health Challenge 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 9:36am
I'm still at it...I was getting discouraged, but everytime I see an individual with unhealthy hair I find the courage to continue this challenge for a better me.

Just yesterday I went back to cornrows... Still working out... blah blah and more blah
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 9:53pm
cmesweet good for you. pull on that inner strength girl.
well i am up 2 lbs. more muscle or not, i am so upset about it.
i was out of town for 1 wk and that is what happen...Wallbash
i am very tired too. since i got back i can't seem to get enough sleep... i've been napping after work,so that blows my work out and then going right back to bed and sleeping for another 8 or 9 hrs, and i still want to sleep in the mornings  Sleeping

Edited by kellie7777 - May 09 2007 at 9:54pm
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 4:08pm
okay, today i feel better. i just thought i would give an update,  down 3 more lbs. 22 gone so far! YayAND  i wore my TWA for the first time ever in my life today. this was me all day. Grin. hubby loves it. says he wants me to wear it like this allllll the time. Thumbsup he's been saved.. lol
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 9:51am

Congrats Kellie...and wow you wore your TWA.  I bet you looked great, especially if your husband liked it, that is always a plus.

Well as for me,  This week people noticed that I have lost weight and toned up.  Last week I was eating all kinds of food...  I decided to take a break from cornrows, I don't want them to destroy my hairline.  

So today I washed my hair and blowdried, I want to do mini twists.
I  stretched the hair in my nape are, that looked 1 inch long  cause of shrinkage, I pulled it towards the front and it touched my chestShocked (nip).  Anyways, I need to be careful because I almost pulled a muscle trying to detangle the nape area, when I wash it doesn't appear that long, but it does appear to long to detangle in the back of my head, and when I try to pull it around I feel a tightness in my back :(. Pray for me ya'll.

Other than that, my eating is back on track this week. Just last night, I had baked chicken wrap with veggies inside.

O yeah, I purchased Elasta QP mango butter just to try it again. About 3 years ago, it made my  TWA hard and crunchy. However, it's different now, it does not do that to my hair. I'm sticking with it.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:06pm
thanks cmesweet.
You are an inspiration girl. i re-read this thread to keep me going when i feel i can't go on. Congrats on your results.  Clapit really feels good when people can see your progress eh. i'm sure you're looking fit.. Yep
shrinkage man... it can fool you eh.. 

Last Relaxer Apr 06
sutchana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutchana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 7:11am
pretty woman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by sutchana sutchana wrote:

pretty woman

For Real!
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 8:50am
Yup, we are all some pretty women!

Well, I am trying to hold up.  

Sunday Yoga 60 min.
              Muscle and Movement Class 10 minutes

Tuesday  -taught Step Aerobics, resistance training and ab workout

O yeah- made oven-fried chicken
              cucumber salad
              stuff tomatos

Edited by cmesweet - June 13 2007 at 8:51am
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 9:29pm

I haven't been eating healthy at all.   

WEll I thought I could do a wash n go style after 3 years of natural for atleast a week with no problem. Let me just say the end result was detangling my hair for about an hour. Usually, when I wear twists or braids, I take about 5 minutes on each section.

Thursday-  jog 1 mile
Saturday- walking
Tuesday- hip hop dancing
Wednesday - water aerobics
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

360s comin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360s comin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 2:04pm
cosign'
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 7:33pm

6 26 weight training, core workout with stability ball

6-28 weight training, core workout
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Kmellion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmellion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 2:07pm
Hello Everyone,

I joined this Hair and Body Challenge back in December, but haven't really stuck to it because I was planning my wedding (which was in May 07). I am back and ready to get down to business. I started doing my hair again... I wash it every 3 days.

first I prepoo with EVOO
shampoo w/ nexxus moisturizing shampoo
deep condition w/ keracare humecto
apply leave-in infusium & ntm silk touch w/ kemi to seal
rollerset

Exercising is a whole other story, but I am eating smaller proportions. I have to look into joining a gym.

Anyways, that's all for now, and I hope I'm not to late to still be apart of this.

Q

Edited by Kmellion - July 19 2007 at 2:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:51pm
Checking in ladies. 5 more lbs gone. hallelujah! praise Jesus. Amen. i could never smoke see no point to it. LOL 
but i can understand how its hard to quit. Lawd ah mercy. weight loss ain't no joke either!
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 10:50am
How is everyone doing?!! Hey Kellie, good to see that u are making improvements.

I had minor surgery recently, so I haven't as active as I would like :(  I did do the treadmill once this week and i felt like I did something. I have to take my time so i can heal.

On the other hand, my hair is becoming a pain. I did tiny box braids and by the second day they looked like they had been in for months.  My hair is too soft, they didn't even look like braids anymore. Just took them down, got to figure out what to do.

I keep finding split ends in my front, not sure if they are in the back.  But I might have to do small sections of trims, which is something that I try not to do often.

"Sigh"
I guess a small dusting will not hurt.

Sometimes though, a small dusting on  curly hair actually looks like more than a dusting when you see all of the hair together.  Guess I'll have to think about it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 5:54pm
hey cmesweet i unfortunately have to do a small dusting in the back because i keep finding splits even though i have been search and destroys every 3 days or so...i just bought the diet pill Alli (over the counter) to help speed up my weigt loss...
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 6:55pm
workin it on out
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:13am
Well, I decided to start on ATKINS...i know everyone do not agree with atkins but it worked for me, i just need to stay on it to maintain it.

So I am on phase 1- induction.

You can find all you need to know on www.atkins.com   plus I have the book which include recipes for the other phases.

As for my hair: well i had to trim an 1/2 inch off...I think it had to do with using a blow drier but my ends were full of  single strand knots. The blow drier could have contributed to them...not sure. So instead of getting cornrows I have been wearing 2 french braids.

Blackhoney- how is the Alli going for you?  Tell us the positives and negatives as well, if there are any.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 12:51pm
well- i just wanted to pop my head in for a min and say hello to cmesweet. I have been wearing cornrows for the last 3 weeks. I may keep them in for another 3-5 weeks depending on how they hold up. I did make a she butter and tea tree oil mix and this is really creamy and soothing to my scalp.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 4:25pm
so just mix them toether ? pure teetree, and sheabutter....right
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 1:16pm
Yes. I usually add tea tree oil to shea butter(already in a plastic tub). Melt it down in the microwave. Take it out and put it in the freezer. Then sit it on my dresser. After it thaws, it is a really creamy texture that is easy to apply. You can also substitute another type of oil.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic