Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair and Body Health Challenge 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 9:10pm
That's awesome, cmesweet!  What a great way to get fit and and help people at the same time! Thumbs%20Up
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
http://public.fotki.com/ccmuffingirl/
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 10:30am
Thanks gals! For the support and encouragement...this challenge has really been beneficial.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 11:59am

You are doin' itClap

beautieami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautieami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 12:37pm
Hey, can I join the challenge?  Cmesweet I also did the Susan G. Koman Race for a Cure in Washington, DC this summer.  I love that I was able to participate in some thing that helps everyone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautieami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:08pm

Screen name:  Beautieami

Hair type:  4a/4b; Relaxed with 2 inches of new growth (permed hair but it didn't take; will try again in November)

Hair regimen:  ORS hair mayo b/f shampoo add EVOO, egg, honey, shampoo once a week with Silk Elements and Creme of Nature, deep condition with Doo Goo for 45 minutes-2 hours, protein treatment with Aphogee, regular conditioner with Doo Goo 2-3 minutes, leave-in treatment add honey to Infusium 23, then add oils: WGO every other day, Doo Goo and Revive and Restore daily treatment, Carrot, Kemi, and Tea Tree oil every other day.
*Goal is to do the baggy method every other week, then co-wash with VO5 conditioner by adding honey after 24 hours, EVOO, and WGO.  Currently taking Women's One A day vitamin, Vitamin E, Calcuim, and Fiber tablets on a need basis.

Present hair length: Touches top of shoulders, on sides touches cheeks

Hair length goal:  Within a year, I want my hair to touch collar-bone and be 10-12 inches long.  Currently, it's about 6-8 inches.

Hairstyle goal: Healthier hair with body, Nice full pony-tail, Nice roller-wrap, Nice full bun and be able to style hair in a pin-up "do" 

What styling/products methods you want to increase or decrease the use of:  decrease the use of flat irons and blow dryers

increase my regimen by not skipping treatments (i.e. daily 
             moisturizers, WGO every other day, and allowing hair to air-
             dry) decrease wearing weaves/wigs
Health goal:  Be consistent in adapting healtier eating habits while losing 2-3 pounds monthly and being 15-25 pounds lighter by next year

What foods you want to increase or decrease the consumption of:  Increase in-take of protein and fiber to keep me satisfied throughout the day, decrease in-take of "junk-foods", eat lots of green veggies, drink tons of water

Exercises:  Walk for 30-45 minutes 3X a week, cardio, and strenght work-out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 5:10pm
Welcome Beautieami! rose
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 5:35pm
Beautieami!
Welcome, and good luck with your goals
Welcome Welcome Welcome to HBtaz 

Edited by Anomis - October 01 2007 at 5:37pm
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 7:38pm
Welcome to the challenge Beauti...

I think I might make it a habit to do every year. Also, its great to see that so many people care about others and that even the survivors  find the time and strength to walk and run.

Just wished it wasn't so early in the morning though.

I think this challenge has really helped with my confidence if nothing else. I've been doing things this year that I always wanted to do but never did.  Big%20smile

Edited by cmesweet - October 02 2007 at 4:39pm
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 9:13pm
Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautieami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 7:49am

Getting up so early was hard, but once I was up, I was ready to complete this mission.  I would to do it again next year and the goodies was awesome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautieami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 7:55am
Thanks for the welcome all!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 9:58pm
Well how is everyone doing
?
I finally took my braids out. Been wearing it in a puff. I made it a monthClap, which that was all i could take. I had my friends sniffing my hair to see if it stinks...although they said it didn't, it looked stankin to me. So i removed them.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 11:23pm
LOL Yeah, I remember when I used to have to take out my mom's braids after about two months of her wearing them.  Let's just say that it was quite a scentful occasion.  As of right now I'm challenging myself to wear my hair up for a month.  I'm going to wear it up in a bun everyday and wash/comb/deep condition once a week.  It's my method of protective styling.  I might even do it for longer.  I think it's a good way to reduce breakage (plus conserve on conditioner Wink
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 11:42pm
Ccmuffing that sounds like a good idea. I know on LHCF the have alot of bun challenges.

I don't even know what to do with my hair anymore....i'm getting tired of it. I'm thinking of headwraps and wigs for the next few days.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 9:21pm
Beautieami maybe the perm didn't take because coarse hair requires more than 18 minutes to straighten [the relaxer claims coarse hair straightens in 18 minutes, coarse hair straightens in 25 minutes] and coarse hair requires more than 7.5 oz relaxer,my hairdresser uses a bigger jar.

Edited by jean32 - December 14 2007 at 9:36pm
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 6:42pm
Hey Ladies, i wanted to wish everyone happy holidays and all the best for 2008. i hope in 2008 all your dreams come true. God Bless you all!

So when i joined this challenge it was a bit rocky. But ladies, thanks for sticking it out. i was able to manage a few things.. My clothes are fitting much better and i am juicing..exercise has been 2 - 3 xs a week.
1 apple/ 2 carrots/2 celery sticks/1inch of ginger root/1 sm orange. tasty and good for the hair.
My hair has grown alot. i am able to actually get 2 decent braids at the side.bubbles i couldn't do this b4. I can also do a low puff at the back....barmy

Any challenges for 2008???
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
AlvinBasil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlvinBasil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 5:41am
lots of fruits and vegetables are provides help to make hair healthy.

botox Cork

Edited by AlvinBasil - April 23 2012 at 5:43am
floweroos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floweroos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 9:07pm
i often eat fruits and vegetables to keep it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic