Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do i get sticky glue residue out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do i get sticky glue residue out
    Posted: December 27 2006 at 9:18pm
well i installed with protac and removal is easy enough. however how do i get that gluey residue out of my hair. combing thru only makes me lose my hair. ive tried acetone and hot oil treatment and alcohol . is there anything thatll get that sticky residue out. without me taking my own hair out. please help. thanks
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 9:47pm

try shampooing a few times. I usually dont have much residue left after takedown, and washing is sufficient. Possibly try some citrus/orange oil remover if you have some on hand.

Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 12:26am
I definitely must vouch for the orange oil. You put it on, let it sit for a little bit but you can lightly rub into the area where the glue is to work it into it. It'll start breaking down the gooey stuff andn eventually just start sliding out. If it hurts while sliding, it hasn't finished breaking down yet and is still stuck to your hair. But don't leave it on too long, as orange oil does irritate your scalp/skin a little bit (mine tends to be a little pink and tingly after, but it goes away... and I still have my hair). Then, like Sherrie said, shampoo to rinse away.
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 10:53am
I've had good luck with the liquid gold bond remover.
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 3:04pm
sometimes even just leaving conditioner in your hair over night loosens the residue.

liquid gold remover is normally very good for most brands as b.b said
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 3:11pm
thanks girls i hope i have better luck this time
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 11:48pm
dust your hair with powder, like baby powder. then wash of course
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 6:06am
that will take the gooeiness out??
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 6:46am

One thing I have learned, is that whatever remover I use, the longer it sits on the tapes, they goo-ier messier it gets. I learned to put the remover one one row at a time. Remove it quickly as soon as the adhesive loosens. I use strictly acetone (and some people dont get the same results) I squirt the acetone along the bond and usually within 10 seconds or so the acetone soaks through the bond and it will slide right out of my hair. Leaving very little residue behind. And its usually not gooey, just some stickiness that shampoos out easily.  But Ive found the longer the acetone sits on the tape it starts getting messy. By 30 seconds it starts getting gummy/gooey. My own personal experience, any other remover Ive used turns the tapes gooey.

meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 6:58am
i used the acetone and still it was gooey. do  you wash immediately after taking the tape out without trying to get the residue out?? is that the trick?? help
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 3:17pm
when i removed it from clients,  i used the orange oil, then i immed. washed. i once tried the acetone and it didnt work as well or as fast.
this was for the protac. i do not do fusion
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 4:46pm
if you've still got a gooey mess in your hair, go to wal mart and buy a bottle of GOO GONE.....if you are still sticky after using that, then you are just a sticky person!
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 6:06am
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 2:05pm
Meinny, hun! Missed ya! Tried putting conditioner on ( a Lot), put a plastic cap on...go under a Hot Dryer or Hot Blower and give heath for 10-15 minute.  You are giving a deep conditioner treatment and at the same time losening up the glue..:) It works for me Great!
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 11:26am
thanks aphrodiva im gonna try that.!!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 12:27pm
Thanks Aphrodiva for the tips! Sounds so good for your hair, it makes me want to try it, even I don't have to do removal right now! LOL
Welcome bakc here!
I just bought my first bottle of Goo Gone and will try it soon, I'll let you know how it works!
Thanks to all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic