Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

brassy,orange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hotstylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotstylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brassy,orange
    Posted: December 28 2006 at 9:18pm
help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!everytime i do hilites,when dealing with hispanic hair,it never lifts enough with 40 volume,does anyone know of a good brand?it ends up brassy  and yes they stay under the dryer for 25 mints,,, hotstylist in sanmarcos,tx
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 1:25pm
I'm not a pro so you should know more about it than me, but I'd imagine that if you need to lift black hair to blonde, you'll need some bleach, as 40 volume would likely not be strong enough.  I had trouble lifting my dark blonde hair to white using just 40 volume - took plenty of tries.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
mististylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mististylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 8:13pm
Hey there, I use Redken Fusion color and mix equal parts 12ab and 12av with double 40vol, that's in the foil only. If your having to use on scalp application I don't see it happening without brass tones. If you are working with hair already pre-lightend, I would be careful using the first formula on the ends, it may grab the undertones. But, I use this formula a lot on level 4 and darker hair. For retouch, same formula at scalp, then use a toner on the ends to freshen and take out unwanted gold that has happened over time.  Hope this helps.....stylist Denton,Tx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic