Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would someone kindly explain these abbreviations..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would someone kindly explain these abbreviations..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would someone kindly explain these abbreviations..
    Posted: January 07 2007 at 9:13am
Hello-
I have been enjoying reading about all of these long hair tips/posts/experiences.
I am a little confused about a few of the abbeviations, however, I looked in the topic explaining other abbreviations, but I could not find an answer.
What do these numbers/letters mean?
1b-M-ii   and etc...
Many of you have these letters and numbers posted at the bottom of your posts. I am guessing they refer to the length, thickness or coarseness/fineness of your hair----
If someone would be so kind as to describe these to me- what each means, I would appreciate it.
THANK YOU!!
Katarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 12:52pm
I can't find a link for you but google "Fias hairtyping system" and you will find your answer.Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 4:51pm
Thank you- I found the info by searching for the fia's system. Smile
Katarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 5:09pm
Good for you.I'm 2c/m/ii.
It's fun to learn new things about hair.I hope LHC will be back soon.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 5:24pm
LHC itself was not affected.  Only the customary way to access it was affected.

Anyway, I'm glad you got the answer to your question, Lil'Bohemian.  I estimate my hair to be 1b-Mf-ii.

Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 4:35am
Dave, you're a 1b??!? With that many waves? Hmmmm.....

Your hair reminds me a lot of my BF's, but his is shoulder length and with more ringlets - I'd call him a 2c. Same dark blonde with light blonde streaks though - gorgeous. Why do the guys get the best hair? ;)
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 1:35pm
Katze, I'll wager Dave's waves are from a braid.  And I think the reason guys have great hair is because they simply leave it alone, rather than doing all the damaging styling/coloring/etc that we women have a habit of getting caught up in. Smile
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 8:14am
Katze -- yep, Sarah's right, they're braid waves.  Look at the (wispy) ends in my sig pic -- no curl or wave there.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 8:05pm
Wow, Dave- I love your hair. NICE.

I guess now I would be a 1C-F/M-ii  then.

Right now my hair is 19" long- my goal is waist length ....
I cut it in September 2004 up to my chin- YIKES! I hated it sooo much. I had to, though- it was so damaged from messing with the color for many many years. It is naturally a medium auburn, but I colored it for years to nearly every color available. I still darken it to a Dark red or black every now and then- but never bleach- never again!!
In the meantime, I wear hair extensions (my husband and I own our own business selling hair extensions & custom clip in sets) to get the long, thick, renaissance princess appearance I so dearly miss and enjoy. But I cannot wait until my long hair is all my own. ;)
I definitely baby my hair- I use Pureology shampoo/conditioner (Love this stuff.... it is sulfate-free and wonderful) and olive oil occasionally for deep moisture.

I am glad I found this section of HB- I am usually gabbing/browsing on the "hair extensions" section, but I have enjoyed reading all of your long hair care tips and I look forward to sharing my back to long hair journey with you all...

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 4:40pm
Lil Bohemian -- thank you for your compliment!

How fast does your hair grow, and when do you think it might reach your goal length?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 7:31am
Before I began taking good care of my hair, it grew (or appeared to grow) about 1/2 inch per month. Now I get more length from it, since it is not breaking off, so it grows nearly an inch per month. MY better nutrition now helps, as well. At that rate, it will take me about 2 1/2 - 3 years ... IF I do not have to trim or if the growth does not slow. I am thinking it will be another 3-4 years, reasonably, until my hair is at the length and in the condition I would optimally like it to be.
I'll post some pics (sans hair extensions, of course) when I can. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic