Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TCA peels for stretch marks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair*disaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TCA peels for stretch marks
    Posted: January 14 2007 at 12:02am
So I have been reading up on TCA peels and stretch marks, and a lot of people have had a lot of sucess with it. Basically you take a strong % of TCA (like 50-80 percent) and put it on the stretch marks. You put it on in layers until the skin frosts (turns white) then wash it off. The frosting tells you that it penetrated the epidermis and your skin will turn brown, later pink and start to slough off. I guess this gets new skin growing and regenerates new tissue.
I am going to do this as soon as I recieve my TCA, but because it is painful I am only going to do a few areas at a time. I know I may never make them disappear, but hopefully this will help diminish them as much as possible.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has/is doing this to help their stretch marks? I am so interested in this sort of topic that I want to get a lot of info and help on how to do this. Let me know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 2:13pm
Well, I got my TCA today, so I will try it tonight. If any of you are interested, I will update to let you all know how it goes. I will be doing a TCA peel at probably 50%, then applying copper peptides to stimulate regrowth.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 3:51pm
I'am intrested.I had stretch marks from having my daughter 9 years ago. Back then there was nothing really to get rid of them and we all know cocoa butter and strivectin crap doesnt work.
Mine have faded alot over the years,so they dont plague me like they once did.But,if there is a chance this peel thing you are doing helps at all.

I'LL TRY IT!
blackinese27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackinese27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 10:48pm
I'm very interested in this tca peel.  I'd love to know if it works on your stretch marks, please keep me updated ladies Tongue
Si se puede!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 11:48am
hey guys...well its been about 3 days since I did my first peel at 50%. The areas do not hurt anymore (they did the first day or two when it was red) and they have scabbed over. In a few more days I should start to see peeling. I actually did another peel last night on some other areas of my SM (I want to do it in a cycle so it's not a painful) and they frosted really well and today are a little painful and raised. 

It's not an unbearable pain afterwards (it really burns when you first apply the peel) but I still experience some. Hopefuly in a few days I can post more updates. I am getting some copper peptide cream today because it helps with skin cell regeneration.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 3:03pm
Cant wait to see if it works

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 4:47pm
I can't believe it, but I do see improvement is places where it's almost completely healed! They are not as noticeable and are not as deep as before. :)
I'm going to do glycolic for a few weeks to let the skin completely heal from the TCA (your not suppose to do it but every 6 weeks or so). I'm also applying copper peptide serum (helps rebuild collagen) and camilla oil over that.

Overall I'm pretty excited with the results. I still have a lot of healing to do, but so far so good! Its all about having the time, the patience, and the ability to deal with some pain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 8:26pm
I have all of that...what exactly is this TCA peel and where do you get it?
Thanks for keeping us updated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair*disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 10:56pm
Well a TCA is Trichloroacetic acid which is a intermediate-to-deep peel. I got it off of ebay, and the seller is newcomplections. The TCA I got was 100%, so I diluted it to 50% which is what most people I talk to do (at least) some can stand 80%, but you HAVE to do a patch test before that. It gets deep into your skin's surface and the longer you have it on, the deeper it goes, but it does sting quite alot. I will still have to do quite a few peels before I MAY be able to completely heal the skin (which I think is completely possible) but one stretch mark I see has improved so much that it's almost gone.

I got 2 small bottle (I think .25oz each) of the TCA peel, which is actually quite a bit, and a small bottle of 100% glycolic acid, and I got some "healing pills" (I believe they are just vitamin c or a or e) and a free face mask for about $17. She charges a outrageous $10 for shipping and $7 for the TCA, but it's real TCA and ALOT cheeper then a lot of other places.

I just wanted to add that I truely think we can heal our stretch marks. if you think about it, when we cut ourselves, our bodies regenerate new skin to replace what was lost. We just have to be patient and put effort into this. If we peel our skin, then take care of it, applying antibacterial, copper peptides to build collagen etc, I think we can achieve what doctors don't think we can.

I hope you guys have similar if not better results and take care of your skin Wink
MuscleFitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuscleFitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 7:11am
K I used TCA 100% on Monday night last week, the skin is bubbling it is still red olmost purple red, it hurts if I thouc it but not much sort of like a bruise. Um I am a guy I work out lots so I got stretch marks on my arm shoulder area witch sucks. I havent worn tank tops or gone swimming in years because people look at me weird cuz of them. If this scars or anything I am getting some tatoos. I dont got any tatoos. But I really want to have nice shoulders again. Its actually peeling in some spots I think its working. I will keep you guys posted tho. So have any of you gotten good results???? If so tell me about it.  I searched lots online and lots of people get perfect skin right after this apparently. BTW dont work out your arms if your like me, or go to sauna or expose skin to sun during this time. 
MuscleFitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuscleFitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 7:15am
btw its been 8 days
hotcocoa84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotcocoa84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2009 at 11:00pm
so any updates? how did it work? I just found this thread and I've been doing research apparently this method is also used to remove stretch marks by cosmetic doctors! I saw some videos oon youtube where a doctor talks about using a TCA peel along with ultra sound to remove the stretch marks! The ultra sound is used for deeper penetration of the TCA into the skin not sure what the video link is but just type tca for stretch marks on youtube it should come up!
But i divert...so any updates people????Smile
http://www.ioffer.com/users/soflyhair
laloba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laloba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 12:35pm
Hello and thank you for posting all this helpful info. I am very interested in the peel and would like to begin treatments within the next wk. But I couldn't find the seller you purchased your products from on ebay. If you've purchased again somewhat recently could you give me the info or a link. Thanks so much!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic