Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any advice for a first time dye blunder?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any advice for a first time dye blunder?
    Posted: January 24 2007 at 4:15pm
Your welcome.Thumbs%20Up
sara123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 4:18pm
Thank you, DulcieB, for the advice. :) I'll definitely do that.

And thanks for wishing me good luck. I could use it. ;)
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 11:32am
Hi
I'm pleased that you have been able to resolve the problem and get somewhere near to what colour you wanted. You're very wise to wait a while before colouring again and your hair should have recovered a fair amount in 6 weeks. One piece of advice though.... Try to use really good quality products  and treatments during that time so that your hair is in the best condition that it can possibly be before you colour again. I'm sure you'l get to where you want to be with your hair in the end. Good Luck. Thumbs%20Up
sara123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 9:41am
Thanks for the response. I went to some other hair product sites and ended up chatting with someone at Clairol. I gave her all my information and she actually called me to walk me through what I should do step by step.

She told me to use Hydrience Mocha #44 (which is Clairol product - understandable) and to mix 1 ounce each of the color the bottle liquid and shampoo for normal hair and then apply to dry hair and do a strand test every 5 minutes and rinse when I saw the color I wanted. Then rinse - conditioning optional. She said that if I waited four weeks from my first coloring I could just use the product and follow the instructions on the box, but anything before four weeks should be mixed with shampoo, and less product.

I did that yesterday and it came out pretty good. The brassy red is gone but there's still a hint of a deeper color than my normal shade. It's not my natural shade, but it's so much better than what I had before.

I'm not going to touch it again for at least 6 weeks. Then maybe I'll try the darker shade again.
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 3:22am
Hi
I wouldn't opt for the chestnut brown as this will contain red tones. I would maybe be inclined to first use a colour remover such as ' one n only colorfix'  and then use the light brown as recommended to you. Colour removers are available at Sally's or on the net. Colour removers are generally quite gentle on the hair so as to limit damage but take advice when purchasing. Good luck.Wink
sara123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 10:14am
I dyed my hair for the first time ever yesterday. My hair is medium/dark brown and I used Garnier Belle Color in Ash Blonde thinking that it would come out slightly lighter brown (as the box said). Well, it's kind of a muted auburn/orange. It's not vivid, but it's a little too reddish for my tastes, and I want to darken it.

I'm going to wait a couple of weeks or maybe 3 (latest would be the first Saturday in February) unless that's too soon to re-dye my hair. I went to the Garnier site and did the hair survey (told them what color I dyed my hair, the product number and what the natural color is) and they reccomend that I use Belle Color either 65 Chestnut Brown or 60 Light Brown. I might not use Belle Color...but if I choose a Chestnut Brown in any other brand, will it come out less red and more brown? I really just want the redness out.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic