Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glycolic acid peels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glycolic acid peels
    Posted: January 15 2007 at 1:57pm
I'm turning 19 and my skin has no wrinkles but i have hyperpigmentation on my skin I wish for a more even toned complexion, I think it was due to sundamadge that this happend because looking back at my pictures when i was younger i had smoother and very even skin, now i have a darker colour around my mouth forhead and patchy skin its not that bad, but when my skin is greasy you can easily see how it has varying shades, I use a good peel on my skin and take care of it moisturize etc. Lately ive been thinking about getting a series of treatments done at the spa to even things out more drastically, i do have some what sensitive skin and ive been looking into gettng glycolic acid peels done, my skin is pretty good texture wise, i just need to have more even toned skin so i can wear more colours of makeup wear blush more naturally, find a good concealor and no have to buy two different colours etc. this is really frustrating for me beleive it or not and brings down my confidence, I really want to get something done im going to be in my 20's soon and i want to fi nally be satisfied with my appearance for once, my main problem is that
1) I could possibly have a reaction to this type of treatment making my skin worse than it initially started out to be.
2) it will make little to no difference at all
3) I'm way too young to get something like this done
4) When i go to the spa they will say I have nothing wrong with my skin
I'm not really sure if i am even a candidate for a glycolic acid peel, I have been told that it works wonders for evening out skin tone and with regular treatments sunscreen and good prodcuts its hard to maintain any sundamadge. Can someone that is educated about this stuff help me out?
- sorry for the long post.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 4:44pm
Have you tried over the counter peels? I have some but several diferent companies.It might not be as drastic as one from the spa, but like you said  you don't have wrinkles. It wouldn't bee as expensive either.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 6:52pm

I went to the dermatologist when I was 17 and he gaved me gyycolic acid peels. My skin is also sensitive . It only leaves your skin red for a couple of hours and it itches like crazy when they put it on you . I think they only leave it on for like 2-5 min. It does help even out your skin and helps so much with acne.  I recommend it . I had horrible acne , scars and brown spots . The chemcial peels made my skin look so much better. My skin became clearer and the marks and scars diminished quite noticbly. I'm sure you can get it . Youll probably have to see a dermatogist and I think its more expensive now it costs around $50 . I think , I'm not sure. Neutrogena has a good checmical peel . I dont know what its called but it helped my skin tone look more even .

baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 10:25pm
thanks for the replies i actually bought some glycolic acid off a powerseller on ebay and i must say my skin has never looked better! i using only 30 per cent at this point and the peels are so simple and easy to do, i do them at home its completely safe and saves tons of money! this has definatly helped.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic