Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

teeth whitening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mocha mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teeth whitening
    Posted: January 16 2007 at 12:11pm
Anyone try any of this stuff before?  I work w/ the people at Aquafresh, and they're coming out w/ new white trays.  Heard about it yet?  They are available to pre-order at http://www.amazon.com or http://www.drugstore.com/ I'm an avid coffee drinker and recently picked up the habit of drinking tea and wine regularly so I'm open to just about anything. 

PS: I tried searching whether this topic has already been discussed before so I wouldn't flood the board w/ yet ANOTHER thread about it, but either couldn't find it or wasn't using the right phrases to find one.  D'oh.

Edited by mocha mama - January 16 2007 at 12:12pm
m!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 1:04pm
I don't really keep up with it so no, I haven't heard of the new trays.  I've been thinking of whitening for a while now though, just never did anything about it.  My teeth are sensitive and I was kinda afraid that it might hurt or make the sensitivity worse.  Any clue?

I read an article that people are really getting obsessive with this stuff.... using it too often, longer period of time, etc.  Even to the point of basically turning their teeth clear.  hmmm.... never thought something like that could be addictive.  Guess it's kinda like anorexia.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
mocha mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 1:17pm
I think it's safe to say that anything can become addictive.  I could see how people would become addicted to getting their teeth whitened, especially if they see results. 

To the best of my knowledge, the new trays do not weaken your tooth's enamel, so they should be safe enough to use even on sensitive teeth, but I'm no dentist so don't take my word for it.  I would probably use them less often just to start off w/, though, and give it a few more days before seeing dramatic results. 
m!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 1:22pm
thanks Big%20smile
sarah
40 inches
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:27am
hairbraider~I have used it,and it can be somewhat painful for sensitive teeth.

You are supposed to leave it on like 30 minutes.I left mine on for 45 by accident,and my teeth THROBBED the rest of the night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 10:31am
Thanks for the warning Julesyjul!  I should probably talk to my dentist about it.
sarah
40 inches
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 12:08pm
I've tried the Crest line of white strips and while I like the results they definitely make my teeth sensitive during the time I am using them. I'm thinking about trying Zoom whitening at my dentist's office. Anyone ever use that method?

Julesy-you look great in your avatar!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 7:33pm
what a nice thing to say cherryblsmgrl! 
roma12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roma12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 4:27am
Camilia

Camilia teething liquid is a fast-acting gentle and effective homeopathic remedy which eases babies discomfort as their pearly whites emerge.

http://www.herbs-wholesale.com/Camilia-3920.html
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 8:57pm
If your teeth get sensitive when using the strips, try brushing with sensodyne for a couple of days. It will help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic