Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UGH, I cut my hair, but HF37 helping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
curlylocke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UGH, I cut my hair, but HF37 helping
    Posted: January 18 2007 at 8:24am
OK people, I've been reading this board for months and months.  I would always read about the people that would want to or had actually gone through with cutting their long hair and regretted it.  So what do I do?  I cut my hair like an idiot!

My hair was down to BSL and i chopped it.  I think I started getting frustrated with the amounts of conditioner it took to cover my hair, plus tangles, etc.  Needless to say though, I regret cutting it.  Especially since I thought I could do that cute Victoria Beckham bob (longer on the sides than in the back), only I can't straighten my hair to save my life. 

I am sad, just came here for support I suppose.

The good side of things though, is that through this forum I learned of HF37, which led to me going to their site, which led to me trying the product.

When I cut my hair I measured it at 13" in the back and 16" on the sides.  After only two weeks of the HF37 I was at 14" and 17".  I haven't measured since then but I plan to measure this weekend when I'm at 4 weeks.

Anais' hair length is my goal lol!  So many of you have great lengths.  I'm jealous!  I guess I am getting there (ha!)........ sigh  Cry

I just needed to cry to someone.  lol.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 9:53am
Hi, Curlylocke,

Oh, I so feel for you. I had my hair cut in the Nov. I wanted a trim but she took off 8-12 inches! It was to the top of my jeans in the back.I found HF37 also. Don't you love the stuff! My hair has grown 4 1/2 inches on the side, and 5 in the back! I have to keep measuring  to make sure I am not seeing things.

I am happy for you that it is growing back so fast. It should be long again in no time at this rate.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 9:59am

Hi Alisa!  Thanks lady.  Yeah I was bummed!  Probably just like everyone else I was really skeptical about using something like HF37 but I am really happy that I just went for it.  You're right, I love the stuff too.  That's funny you said you have to keep measuring so you know you're not seeing things lol.  I've been trying to make sure I drink a lot of water too.  Thanks for letting me know what your experience has been with your growth.  You're a doll!  Thanks for your support.... Hug

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:13pm
Oh, you are welcome.

Another thing that will help your hair, is protein. The reason HF37 works so well, is the amino acids in it. You can get amino acids naturally from portein foods. Also essential fatty acids.You can get these in fish oil , flax oil , borage oil, and cod liver oil capsules. I hope this helps you some.

Alisa06 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 6:04pm
Welcome curlylocke!  Aww... sorry to hear you aren't happy with what happened, but, it sounds like your regrowth is coming in at a very fast rate!

And if in the future you are having problems such as you had before, why not share with us here?  Maybe next time we can help you bypass the frustration -- and the scissors.
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 5:39am
Aw Curlylocke, I can so sympathize with you. I know exactly what you mean about getting frustrated with all the conditioner and all the tangles. In the past, I've done the very same thing and cut it to my shoulders and was always disappointed. This time it's about an inch or two above BSL and as I said in another post, coming here to this board and thinking about some of the beautiful hair here makes me a little bit stronger when I start having those thoughts. I think if they can handle the conditioner and tangle issues, then I can certainly do it with BSL hair! I also get discouraged at the "heaviness" of my hair (it's pretty thick) when I try to put it in a ponytal or something. But I'm keeping it this time. Hang in there and keep checking in with everyone on this board for support. You'll be back to BLS in no time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 6:50am
You guys are awesome, thank you! 

Alisa- thanks again for the advice.  i might go get some extra fish oil or something at the vitamin store.  i think i read you were lookin for a good conditioner in another post?  That's basically my golden search too.  I think when it was longer, even when i was keeping up on all the trimmings, i was mostly frustrated with the ends (and i mean the bottom *few* inches) because of dryness.  I used Paul Mitchell Smooth shampoo and conditioner.  Once a week I would do Nexxus Keraphix and leave it in for about a half hour then cool rinse.  Sometimes I would do 4 hour mayo treatments.  All did well on my hair but the next day it would seem dry again.  So i think i just got frustrated with that plus as KK mentioned the tangles etc, i had a weak moment lol.

Dave- oh totally.  Next time i'm coming here before i pick up any scissors!  Smile  You people are so great, i love the support and kindness of everyone here.

KK- thanks sweetie.  i'm glad you know what i'm talkin about!  when i'd get knots i'd cry to have to try to detangle them without ripping them out of my skull!  i will stick to it this time like you are. 

This morning i measured again since it had been a while and i'm at 14 1/2 and 17 1/2 inches.  Tomorrow is my 4 week mark on HF37 and it's grown a total of 1 1/2 inches.  I am definitely happy about that.  I'll just *try* to be patient lol!

thanks you guys!    Heart
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 2:33pm
Curlylocke,

I just wanted to share with you that one of my favorite conditioners is Biolage Hydrating Balm. I like heavy conditioners because my hair is thick, coarse, and wavy/curly. Biolage is rather expensive though. Another of my favorites is Pantene Pro V Moisturing Mask. Those both work very well for tangles.

Also, I just recently purchased several seamless combs. They seem to comb through easier and also pull out MUCH less hair. The longer my hair would get, the more it would freak me out when I pulled some out during combing. Because the longer it gets, the more it looks like I'm losing. (How about it Dave...it must look like a whole headful when you lose three hairs!?) I don't know why it would freak me out. As I said I have a lot of hair. I have a sister-in-law who is almost completely bald and her mother and sisters are the same. I think watching her lose her hair throughout the years kind of made me a little paranoid.

Your growth rate has been fantastic. What is HF37? Is it something you take by mouth or something you put on your hair? That's another thing that helped me immensely...learning from this board to actually measure my hair. Otherwise, it's really hard to notice any progress. But it's exciting when you measure it and know that it really has grown.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Kitty Kat Kitty Kat wrote:

... The longer my hair would get, the more it would freak me out when I pulled some out during combing. Because the longer it gets, the more it looks like I'm losing. (How about it Dave...it must look like a whole headful when you lose three hairs!?) ...

... What is HF37? Is it something you take by mouth or something you put on your hair?...

My fallout increased the past few weeks; I blame it on a delayed response to extreme stress.  Fortunately, the fallout seems to have reverted back to its normal rate.  And yes, the fallout strands make a large pile if I bunch them together (it's kinda frightening... who needs a haircut when I lose so much anyway via fallout?).

HF37 is a commercially-available vitamin regimen.  Hairboutique has a competing version called HairTopia (available via the marketplace).  I've been using HairTopia for almost 4 months now and it works better for me than any of a variety of other products I've used.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 8:44am
HF37 is a hair vitamin that is supposed to make your hair growth rate increase by as much as half its normal rate. It is also supposed to help with thickness. There are two steps. Step one is a multi vitamin, not adaily , just a specific combination. Step two is an amino acid supplement. I was taking amino's before, but there is way more in HF37. 
I get my HF37  at their site, www.hairformula37.com I have not tried hairtopia, because I am extremely satisfied with HF37. Also I have heard that hairtopia is hard to get. Is there truth to this, I am not sure.I have been interested to try it, to compare the two.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Kitty Kat Kitty Kat wrote:

Curlylocke,

I just wanted to share with you that one of my favorite conditioners is Biolage Hydrating Balm. I like heavy conditioners because my hair is thick, coarse, and wavy/curly. Biolage is rather expensive though. Another of my favorites is Pantene Pro V Moisturing Mask. Those both work very well for tangles.

Thanks KK!  I'll write those down to take with me next time i go to the salon for product.  I'd answer the HF37 question but it looks like Dave and Alisa cleared that up already Smile
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

... I have heard that hairtopia is hard to get. Is there truth to this, I am not sure.I have been interested to try it, to compare the two...

Hmm... I don't know where you heard that.  As far as I know, it's readily available at any time.  Karen?

[ETA: I just received my latest shipment of the Hairtopia (2-month supply) a few weeks ago.]

Edited by DaveDecker - January 22 2007 at 8:22pm
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 12:06am
Hi Dave,

Yes....I personallly developed HairTopia over five years ago to help my own hair grow longer and stronger (it is now 6 inches below my waist) and because I used to personally take H37 as well as other hair growth products but found that it did not meet my own personal needs for a number of reasons including the fact that it was in hard to swallow tablet form (Hairtopia is a capsule) and because tablet did not, in my opinion, break down as effectively in the body.  I still believe that.

I also did not wish to take extra iron (which is not recommended in many cases by doctors) which H37 has and Hairtopia does not.  I also had problems with flushing on H37 (Hairtopia uses a different form of niacin to prevent the flushing issues).  I also wanted a stronger and more complex herbal formula and added ingredients unique to Hairtopia.

Follow-up scientific testing has proven that tablets definitely may not break down as effectively in the human body, especially for people with digestive problems and related conditions.  Since many people do have digestive problems, Hairtopia avoids this problem.  When the body can not break down the tablet, it in essence just passes through the body and is not assimilated.

Also, many people who have had gastric bypass surgery take Hairtopia since once of the possible side effects is excessive hair loss.  Hairtopia can be opened and poured into juice or protein mix forumlas very easily and since some gastric bypass patients have a hard time taking tablets, this is a great option for them.

As far as HairTopia being hard to get, we only manufacture the product so that it is never older than 14 days from the manufacturing plant.  This is my own requirement since many of the other vitamins may sit on shelves for as long as 2-4 years.  The longer the time on shelves, the less effective the product.  Scientific studies have shown that vitamins do deteriorate consistently the longer they age. 

Keep in mind that the vitamins as ingredients might sit on shelves at the manufacturing plant even before they are manufactured into the final product.  Then they may sit at the manufacturing plant before being shipped and then on shelves at the fulfillment or distribution centers.

I demand the absolute freshest product possible since this provides the very optimal results.  Therefore my lab only uses the freshest ingredents that are only ordered when I place my request for more HT products.

On very rare occasions (at certain times of the year) we may be low on our product supplies while it is being manufactured  (due to my fresh ingredient demands).  Everything is ordered fresh and made fresh.  Nothing is in "storage." 

On the plus side is the product is much fresher (and more potent) than any other hair growth product on the market. We do allow (and encourage) people to sign up for the product so that they receive it immediately upon delivery to our warehouse. 

So for us to be out of product completely is a rare event.  I am not sure why this rumor is being spread since it is not true.  

At this point we have planned the manufacturing cycles for 2007 so that we will not have any significant turn around time delays but still offer a very freshly made product.

Quite frankly, I would rather run out of the Hairtopia product than ever sell a product that has been sitting on our shelves for more than a few weeks.  I take the product myself and am very picky about what I put into my own body and what I sell to my customers.

The lab that created Hairtopia worked with me to custom create the product from the inception and they do extensive testing on the ingredients for every single batch.  The scientist that created Hairtopia has won awards for his assimiliation work.

Since Hairtopia is my product I am downright obsessed with making sure it is the best that I can offer.

Anyway.....hope that answers your questions Dave.

Long answer to the fact that Hairtopia is not hard to get.  :-) 
Best wishes,
Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 23 2007 at 12:21am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 6:31am
interesting info.  thanks karen!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 6:35am
Thank you for finding it interesting.  :-)

When it comes to HT I am like a proud mother with too many photos in my wallet.  So thank you for your kind response. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 6:38am
i can tell Wink
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:02am
Thank you, Karen. Like I said I did not know if there was truth to what I said, I was just something I heard. I am sorry if I affened you, I did not intend to.
I really like the fact that is so fresh, that is awesome! I have heard several times over the years about how we can not brake down tablets. I think I may want to try it. Is it here at hairboutique?

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:15am
Hi Alisa,

You are very sweet.  I was not offended at all.  I just wanted to respond because I had heard that rumor before and just wanted to make sure it was cleared up.

I will be the first to admit that we do run our shipments to the wire because of the goal to have the HT product made only as needed.  And this can be scary if anyone drops the ball or weather happens like last week when Dallas had ice storm and the trucking company can't deliver to our warehouse for some reason.

Yes...we do sell it here at HB in our Marketplace.  You can order online or call the toll free number M-F and talk to one of our phone operators. 
By the way, in addition to taking HT I always eat lots of Nori (seaweed).  In fact I am munching on it as I type.  It is fabulous for healthy hair and has zero fat, zero carbs, zero sodium and only 10 calories but packed with lots of great hair friendly nutrients.  I eat 2-3 sheets for breakfast and then sometimes throughout the day as an easy snack. 

One downside...it looks like you are eating carbon paper but I actually love it.  I buy the organic - Emerald Cove - you can get it at most Whole Foods.  I take it with me when I travel because it packs so easily and so far it does not get confiscated.  I did have my favorite HT Beautiful Hair Oil taken on my last trip to California.  I tried to explain that its hard to find but they took it anyway.  It's probably on Ebay now.  :-)

Hope that helps. 

Have a great day.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:22am
Thank you. I hope you have a great day also.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 1:25am
Karen, does hairtopia help your hair grow ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic