Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

short bleached hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhataHoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhataHoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short bleached hair
    Posted: January 18 2007 at 3:04pm

Star 

I bleached my salt and a bit of pepper hair,{very short hair} to a pretty shade of blond. Now what I need to know, how do I bleach my roots without getting the bleach on other hair? Haven't bleached the roots in 3 months, my hair grows really slow:
Also, can you use demi-color instead of toner?
thanks a bunch
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 8:05am
I don't know about your toner vs. demi question, especially after bleach (not a pro).  But as for your roots, get one of the plastic bottles for dyeing at the beauty supply shop, the one with the long tip.  Use the tip to squirt it all along your parts (I use the tip to part my hair about every centimeter, squirting a line of it as I go, then rub the stuff around with my fingers after I do the whole head to get good coverage....doing it that way should get your whole head done in a minute or two).  Since your hair is short, you may not be able to avoid getting it throughout the length of your hair.  Mine was always long, but I'd say every time I did my roots I got it the dye on at least the inch closest to my head usually.  That is the good thing about very short hair, you will cut it off before it gets too damaged, so I don't know if I'd worry about it.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
WhataHoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhataHoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 6:02pm
thanks for your reply, how long normally does it take to bleach darker roots?
txs girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txs girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 6:16am
Hi,

it will likely take around an hour to get to a pale blonde color...dying your roots will take the same amount of time as it took to do your whole head the first time.

as for demi vs toner, it depends on the demi.  demi is supposed to last longer than a toner, but i have used toners that last 8 weeks, esp in bleached hair.  the only difference btwn a demi and a toner is the volume of developer.  demi uses around 8 or 9 volume and toner uses like 5 or less. 

you can always use a permanent color with 10 volume and leave it on for only 5 mins.  i do this on my own bleached hair.  i bleach my roots for around an hour, rinse, then tone with a level 10 ash and 10 volume for like 8 mins or less...i don't really time, i just rub off some color and when it looks platinum i rinse off.  the "toner"  then lasts.  if hair seems to get to yellow before it's time to retouch, just use some clairol shimmering lights shampoo...it's purple and it's usually at wally world or sally's....use it 2 time a week and that should help. 

good luck, a
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good, and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" Jer 29:11
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic