Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acne Scar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acne Scar
    Posted: January 18 2007 at 5:48pm
I have two ance scars on the sides of my nose, they are from these pimples that would never pop. Whenever I put on my make up in the morning, I see them and wonder what can I do to get rid of them or at least lessen the apperance of it. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. =D thanks.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:37am
There are scar fading cremes and stuff,but it has been my exprience that they dont help that much.

If you have acne,you may want to look into differin gel. Or some other form of retinoid. One great benefit is that they encourage cell turn over in skin and rebuild collegen too.Which means it helps with hyperpigmentation (scars) and wrinkles (though they are probably not your problem right now)

I know I have recomended them alot on this forum...but they are one of the best treatments for acne available without having to use accutane.

A new study I read recently stated that those who used a topical retinoid and a anti-biotic for three months,then continued to use only the topical retinoid when the anti-biotics were finished,
maintained their clear skin a year after their inital visit.

Just something to think about.

Edited by julesyjul88 - January 19 2007 at 2:37am
noah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 1:28am

It's a fact- curing acne can never be achieved by tackling one of the many factors responsible for acne. If you've ever tried to cure your acne using one-dimensional treatments like antibiotics or even detox diets and failed it's probably because you tackled only one aspect of the disease. Not only will this system teach you the only way to prevent your acne from being formed, you will also learn the only way to acne treatments for good - the holistic way.

Zachary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zachary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 3:42am
Hi there,

Are you talking about the pitting scars or just the redness?The pitting scars would be very difficult to treat. A dermatologist is trained in treating acne and the scarring. Beware of a lot of websites and advertisements claiming to cure acne. A dermatologist is your best bet, and you could end up wasting a lot of money otherwise.There are different ways to treat acne scars depending on the type of scar and the type of patient's skin, etc. Dermabrasion and chemical peels and laser treatments are some ways it is treated.Retin-A is a prescription gel cream made of retinoic acid that comes from Vitamin A. It is the topical form of Accutane, but Accutane (taken orally) has some very serious side-effects. Retin-a makes your skin peel faster and thus lessens the likelihood of your pores getting clogged. Also, by increasing the dead cells being removed from your skin, it helps get rid of the redness left after acne and it has been proven to get rid of wrinkles.Initially after you use retin-a, your skin will start peeling a lot and may get red and you may get more acne, but then later, you don't notice the peeling much and your skin looks smoother and the redness goes away as your skin gets used to it and it begins to feel a lot smoother. You have to avoid exposure to the sun when using it, as it makes your skin more sun sensitive.
moren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 3:45am
Steph !

1 pply sandalwood paste with rosewater and leave it overnight over the scars. You can even apply a mixture of sandalwood paste and black gram paste.

2 For dark acne scars use lemon juice. Before applying, clean the scars with warm water and dab 1 tsp of lemon juice into a cotton ball and apply it on the scars and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to apply sunscreen prior to going out in the sun as lemon juice makes your skin photosensitive.

3 Cucumber with lemon juice or honey with lemon juice also helps. Honey also helps for chicken pox scars. However peopl
gertiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 12:37pm
i think it's like a little crater on your face...if you pop your pimples (well, not yours as you said you have none), you'll have holes in your face and they're permanent, unless you get lazer and all that surgery stuff. if you pop your pimple correctly, you won't have any problems, but just don't pop the pimple ;P
williams_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williams_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 1:08pm
i think it's like a little crater on your face...if you pop your pimples (well, not yours as you said you have none), you'll have holes in your face and they're permanent, unless you get lazer and all that surgery stuff. if you pop your pimple correctly, you won't have any problems, but just don't pop the pimple ;P
williams_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williams_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 1:10pm
► acne scars occur when you pop your pimple using your fingers or any unclean objects...

► its a small circle pigment on our face.. it'll fade away after some time
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2008 at 7:43am
well.. i have a lot of those, umm it's darker then ur skin tone that's for sure. and when u pop ur pimple it takes about a day or two for the scare to show.
wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 2:22pm
If its a crater, get a "punch"procedure done. It is done by a derm and requires 1 stitch.
jessssica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessssica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2008 at 5:36pm
Scars which result from acne are called atrophic scars. There are skin treatments that can lessen the appearance of the atrophic scars and eventually get ride of it. 

Free radicals break down healthy skin cells, the treatment needs to scavenge these free radicals, and create a trans-epidermal seal to help skin retain natural hydration to soften skin, and reduce inflammation. The skin treatment should also stimulate the natural production of healthy cell and eventually reverse the appearance of scar tissue.

If you are still looking for skin treatment for your acne scars, check out The Malibu Wellness Solution: http://www.malibuwellness.com/content/Cn_Skin_Solutions_Scars.aspx
Jessica J.

Hair Care, Skin Care Consultant

How fast are you oxidizing?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2008 at 10:19pm
what's a punch procedure?
greentea66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greentea66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 9:09pm
If you have really bad acne scars the only way to get rid of them is with acne laser treatment. They are less expensive and less intrusive then they used to be and have almost no downtime anymore.

Edited by greentea66 - April 26 2012 at 3:55pm
Deloris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deloris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 5:58am
I have acne scar on my cheeks. So i apply a paste of sandalwood, rose water and some milk on my face regularly. I keep it overnight and wash in the next morning with cold water. It work good for me

Edited by Deloris1 - February 18 2010 at 6:00am
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 12:27am

Scars from acne can seem like double punishment — first you had to deal with the pimples, now you have marks as a reminder.

It helps to understand the different kinds of acne so you can figure out what to do about different types of scarring: Acne lesions or pimples happen when the hair follicles (or "pores") on the skin become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. A plugged follicle is the perfect place for bacteria to grow and create the red bumps and pus-filled red bumps known as pimples..For more details visit http://beautyskincare.us

Emma Watson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic