Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kylee715 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylee715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question!?!?!
    Posted: January 21 2007 at 10:01pm
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I'm pretty much looking for some ideas...I'm getting married July 7th this year and I want my hair full of curls...what can I use to keep them in all night?

Edited by kylee715 - January 21 2007 at 10:03pm
Kylee
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 3:40pm
I did my friend's hair in sponge rollers (put them in damp hair, left them overnight) and sprayed each curl with "Hold It" hairpsray when I took the rollers out.  I did this at 9 am for her 11 am wedding.  She told me that her hair still looked great when they got to the hotel late that night. 
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
DHARMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHARMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 12:12pm
hello my name is dharma can anyone out there tell me how to do the hair wrapping technique.
LYNN
DHARMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHARMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 12:16pm
hi my name is dharma can anyone out there tell me how to do the hair wrapping technique thank you.
LYNN
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 7:55am
I do something similar for the curls. I put some goop in my hair (a little gel or mousse) while its damp, then roll it on sponge rollers and let it dry all night, then try not to comb the curls too much when I take them out.  This worked much better when my hair was dyed though, the dryness helped it hold these forced textures.  Now that I don't dye it and its not dry, it is a lot harder to get curls to stay in.

Dharma, I'm not sure what you mean by hair wrapping, I assume you mean the thing where a small section of hair is wrapped in colorful thread from top to bottom?  If so, get embroidery floss in the sewing section of your local store, tie all the colors you want at the top of a small section of hair with threads much much longer than your hair, and just wrap it around, keeping the threads closely together as you wrap so the hair doesn't show through.  To do different colors, just wrap the color you want, and leave the colors you don't want inside the wrap with the hair until you want to use them, and swap. The threads should end longer than your hair so when you get to the bottom you just need to tie it in a knot without tying your hair in a knot.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic