Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Psoriasis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psoriasis
    Posted: January 28 2007 at 9:33am
I thought I'd bring up this topic because i didn't see any prior information here in this section about it, and usually people suffering with it...do just that.

I found a book with information on what psoriasis actually is, and where it comes from. I went to a dermatologist that said quite frankly "it's not bad enough, so there's nothing we can do" and basically that it was just a skin problem and other wise i was perfectly healthy. If you are "lucky" enough to have it bad enough to treat you are given drugs to supress the skin from growing faster than normal & put thru a number of light treatments in most cases that eventually may lead to other skin problems.

well...

after reading this book i realized in fact i was far from it. Psoriasis is a break down of the intestines to the point where they allow toxins to seep thru the walls into the bloodstream. Your organs (liver & kidneys) must take over and work to eliminate these toxins. Once those become overworked the secondary defenses (skin & lungs) now step up to help. The skin regenerates faster than normal to attempt in getting rid of these toxins. This causes a build up of skin and lesions are formed. There are several different types of psoriasis a person can have, and it varies in severity. Know that diet & exercise can play a HUGE role in clearing even the worst cases of psoriasis. 

If anyone in here has any questions about this please please speak up and let me know. I know from having psoriasis for almost 8 years before finding this book. I became so exhaust not being able to find any HEALTHY & logical solutions to my problem i began to accept that i'd just have to live with it. the fact is YOU DONT. After being able to clear mine up like i have i want to help ANYONE i possibly can.

Thanks for reading!!!

Edited by gsxxy - January 31 2007 at 8:03am
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 2:44am
Thanks but,If it's the book I think your talking about,that guy is a major quack!  He also said acne can be cured by drinking 10 glasses of distilled water a day. My husband has Psoriasis and I highly doubt he has a break down of his intestines. It is caused by a fungus.
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:00pm
It would have been more conducive for you to give me a name of the "quack" you are speaking about....?

I'd like to hear your theory on how it is caused by a fungus.

I know i could break down step by step for you how it is actually started in the intestines, and why your skin comes into play. Furthermore I can actually link psoriasis with several other diseases that are linked to the intestines. And give you substantial evidence that it is directly related to the intestines. I can also present several examples of how food & diet has been directly related to the condition. Which further demonstrates the connection it has to the digestive track. I can present you pictures of people that have had sucessful results in clearning their body of psorisis once better understanding the nature of it.

Again I'd like to hear your equivalent argument to it being a fungus.

Please if you are going to come into my thread & bash what i have said have something to back it up with... and if you don't please don't waste my or anyone else's time with false claims. Thank you.

***for those that are in fact interested in what i have to say about this i've updated my original post to read a bit clearer. After rereading it i realized in my excitement on the topic i began to ramble, so it's a bit clearer now & details what i was trying to say better for you. Thanks :)

Edited by gsxxy - January 30 2007 at 11:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 7:47pm
First of all,I wasnt "BASHING YOUR THREAD".  I'd say what the guys name is,but I cant remember what it is. However,what you're talking about sounds like all the advice he has in the book. (something like,CURES THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT) Anyways,I saw on the news that doctors are saying this guy is doing alot of harm because he is not a doctor and doesnt know what he's talking about.

If it is NOT that guy,then I apologize and stand corrected.

I say that psoriosis is a fungus because that is what my dermatologist told me about it. My husband and daughter both have it. As far as I know,they have no intestinal problems.
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2007 at 8:19pm
That's the problem with psoriasis.... people don't in fact know enough about it. Including the fact that dermatologists don't have a clue.

It's most certainly not a fungus. It's quite frankly dry skin. caused by a reaction to toxins within your body... Dermatologists unfortunately are clueless to this condition & falsely treat people with drugs & light treatments that cause problems in other areas.

This book is not claiming to have "cures"... it's a doctor who has traveled the world studying and working with patients to clear this condition no matter how severe the patient has been. 

It's the best 25$ i have ever & will ever spend. Quite literally changed my life.

Healing Psoriasis - The Natural Alternative

by Dr. John O.A Pagano

and actually... i bought mine very spur of the moment at my excitement when i discovered this doctor was logically able to link psoriasis's cause to chrones disease & colitis which run in my family. but here it is on amazon for 12$

Edited by gsxxy - February 03 2007 at 1:55pm
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 10:17pm
My brother has had psoriasis forever! I really feel for him, he has been on steroids, medications etc. I think someone told him it was possibly leaky gut syndrome. He found sunshine very helpful and has had a few trips to Australia which has kept it at bay for a few months. How does this book cure you, is it a diet thing? I would love to find my brother a cure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 11:40pm
My husband's seems to come and go...it is usually much worse in the winter and then goes away almost completely in the summer.  At it's worst he gets big flaky patches of skin that peel off his scalp.
He usually uses neutragena t-gel and then it seems fine.
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 8:04am
Steroids are used to suppress the growth of the skin. This is the only method dermatologists have come up with. They bascially atribute the condition soley to the fact that the skin is growing at a faster rate than normal (normal is regeneration every 28 days, psoriasis skin regenerates every 4 days). Dermatologists have tryed to solve the problem by supressing the skin growth, instead of getting to the root of WHY the skin is growing faster in the first place. Steroids can also be a problem because of side effects. Just as they can have the reverse effect if taken to much (say as with muscle builders) your skin too can have a relapse as well with to much use. This is why with psoriasis, dermatologists say they can only treat you with drugs & light treatments if it's over a major percentage of your body. Because in fact if it is "livable" (which if you have psoriasis it is anything but.) then the treatments aren't worth going through because they are bad for you in the long run.

That's awesome that you mentioned the leaky gut. It in-fact DOES have something to do with that. That in fact is where everything begins... I'll write exactly what the section on leaky gut states when i get home from work tonight. That syndrome is also linked to colitis & chrones disease which my mom, my aunt & my cousin have. I knew then that it made very much sense that i too would have something intestinal related.

The book will show you how to cleanse the system & learn how to eat in a way that prevents you from putting the toxins your system can not break down back into your body. There's a few basics & then there's many more measures that can be taken depending on the severity of the psoriasis. It also has a few things that can be done to rebuild the intestinal walls, so they can begin to handle the toxins like they once did as well.

If i could help just one person the way this book has helped me then this thread will have served it's purpose.

oh and to add.. winter makes mine worse too. because regardless of what's going on inside, it's still a dry skin condition, and in the winter the air is very dry & cold. Also sunlight does make it better...the UV rays are good for the skin. I know when i used to have it really badly I'd go to the beach and just BURN. My mom would goof out because once the burn went away my skin was better. problem with that is again...it's a temporary fix.

I'll also write up some evidence this doctor found on how food was effecting people with it. it's quite intriguing & encouraging.

Edited by gsxxy - February 07 2007 at 8:15am
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 12:51pm
Thanks for all that info gsxxy, look forward to hearing more about your experiences
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 4:37pm
sorry i've been sick the last three days.. i'll def try to get some more information up for you as soon as possible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 1:19am
Sorry to hear you have been sick.Hope you feel better soon.Dead
babyjprettyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyjprettyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 6:45am
okay how do u get rid of psosris because the person i know is embrassed to wear shorts because they feel that they went from long sexy legs to horrible legs  so if you can tell me how to get rid of it i will make sure i tell them asap 
ANOTHER LEVEL
SexySadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 4:29pm
I'm seventeen and I've lived with psoriasis all of my life. The doctors put me on a number of creams and lotions to at least get rid of the flakes...but none of it helped. I tried the T-gel shampoo, it didn't work. One time, a girl even went as far as telling me that I had snowflakes in my hair because the flaking was so bad. It wasn't her fault, she didn't know that I had psoriasis, still it was hurtful.

Anyroad, I read in a medicinal herb book once that Aloe Vera helps it. Luckily enough, we had an aloe plant here at the house. I tried it for about a month or two. The lesions around my hairline went away (gradually) as well as a few on my shoulders and torso. Unfortunately, our Aloe plant died.

But, my Aunt recommened tea tree oil body/face wash for my acne. So I started using that. Within two weeks, my acne was clearing up and it's helped my psoriasis. You can get it as conditioner, cream, lotion, shampoo, skin wash, etc.  So I recommend that for psoriasis as well. You can find it at Sally's Beauty Supply or go to www.puritan.com to get a Puritan's Pride vitamin catalog. You can also order it online.

You can also try hydrocortizone cream (sp???). It helps with the redness and it's thicker than regular lotion, so it keeps the flakes away.

Salt water helps as well as sunlight/tanning beds.

I'd never heard anything about psoriasis being an intestinal until now. I read from the magazine, Psoriasis Connections, that it is an immune disorder. However, I'm not disagreeing with the intestinal theory. That theory, from the way Gsxxy, it could tie in with it. But I've never actually heard of the intestinal theory.

I hadn't heard of it as being a fungus either. No offense, but that I don't believe. You'd figured if it was a fungus, they could give us an antibiotic topical solution to put on it and it would go away. Sometimes these lesions pop up after a cut, scratch, etc. There's been quite a few times that I've acidentally scratched a scab and within a couple of days there's a new psoriasis lesion.

My mother once told me that there is a shot that is supposed to help with psoriasis, but it damages your liver (I think she said liver...either that or kidneys).

I seriously hope this helps.

Gsxxy, I'd love to hear more about the food affect psoriasis if you find the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic