Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SLOW growing hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLOW growing hair!!
    Posted: February 27 2001 at 10:17am
What`s everyone`s opinion about what to do to be patient and stay focused while growing hair out? My hair is slightly damaged and just at the top of my shoulders. I haven`t really had it past shoulder length in a few years. I`m too impatient. I get mad at go have it chopped off. After I had it cut into a "meg ryan" style, I wore those 3/4 wigs or full wigs just for fun. I also though about extensions. My goal is to repair the damage (i.e. not blow drying, curling iron, hair spray, etc.) with regular conditioning treatments while growing it long. I really don`t want to become impatient again and cut it. For me, wigs worked good last time, but my mother hates them. She thinks they don`t look "natural", but when she sees them on a celebrity she likes it....? What should I do?
Brittany Paloma View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany Paloma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2001 at 5:24pm
Reply to message: 24.241.1
Unfortunatly all you can do is be patient! Don`t think about it too much (if you measure your hair everyday it will seem to be sooo slow then if you measure it once a month). Try putting up a picture of a lovely long-haired lady (you can find tons of long hair pics on the net. Try to see if you can find a pic of the lady with the longest hair in the world! It`s somewhere around 8 feet I think!) So everytime you go in your bathroom you can see "ohh i want that!"
Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2001 at 11:42pm
I don`t have any good advice, but I`m glad you posted because that is exactly how I feel right now. My hair is just trying to peak beyond my shoulder and I`ve been growing it since the end of October (from a chin length hack job). The advice to measure once a month is good - it will encourage you. I have measured my hair on the 9th of every month. and it seems to be growing about 1 inch per month. I`ve tried lots of star`s styles. No matter what I cut it like, it`s still me and not Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts - only sometimes it`s me with a bad hair-do! Right now I`m trying to think back to my childhood, when my hair was longer because I didn`t think about it - or how I looked, for that matter. I remember as a child I couldn`t match my clothes, and couldn`t care less because I was too busy having fun and thinking about other things. How did I get so caught up in myself as an adult? Media/Advertising, puberty, I don`t know. Hang in there, be patient, and try to concentrate on other things, while your hair is growing. I guess that`s the only advice I can say.
Crystal
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2001 at 5:33am
Hello, I think until your hair will get the desired length wigs are a reasonable solution. You like it long now, I don`t know if your opinion about hair will change in one or two years. For observers from the distance it may make no difference if your hair is real or not, only if you want to get love for long hair in personal relations its not the same, but this is not the only thing why people come together. Hair usually grows about 1/2 inch a month. I wish you good luck with your growing hair and if you ever have doubts about it you can always get encourgement in this section.

wolfgang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic