Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spray-on / Leave-in Detanglers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Miluion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miluion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spray-on / Leave-in Detanglers?
    Posted: February 01 2007 at 10:48pm
I hope this is the right forum...

I'm a 17-year-old male and in no way feminine, but I plan on growing my hair really long. Right now it's only 6 inches, it's thin, I think, wavy, and it gets tangled a lot, even with conditioner.

It feels dry and unattractive on some days yet if I don't wash it for one whole day, the next day it's all shiny and greasy. I don't put anything in it. I can't run my hand through it without coming in contact with a tangle.

I'd appreciate it if you would recommend some preferably spray in products you can leave in all day, that will give my hair moisture, detangle it, and keep it soft (sunscreen would be great too).

Another thing, after showering at night, what should I do to my wet hair? I usually comb it back and go to sleep, without drying, which I think is part of the problem of why it's all nasty when I wake up. I have no idea what to do. I like it parted in the middle of my head. When do I part it?

Edited by Miluion - February 01 2007 at 10:49pm
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 12:04pm
What daily shampoo and conditioner are you using?

Aussie leave-in conditioner spray yields pretty good results as does Rusk's leave-in. You can find these items at the drugstore.

P.S. This is the cosmetics forum. Your thread should be in one of the hair forums. I'm sure the mods will take care of that.

Edited by Cherryblsmgrl - February 04 2007 at 12:05pm
anselfor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anselfor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 7:45pm

maybe u should wash ur hair in the moring, and let it dry? cause it must mean ur moving ur head alot when your sleep. or try putting ur hair into a pony tail. pantene offers a great detangling spray thats light 2. u can find it in any store, walmart, target, tops, wegmans, ect. and really ur kinda lucky to hair that kinda hair, cause it can be really mangable and chic. +++ have u tried parting ur hair from ur left/right side? it can make quite a difference!

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 4:31pm
I love trying those leavein conditioners from Sally's I'd start there first.
Read, and see what you come up with.
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 10:29am
When I do not put my hair up in a ponytail to go to bed at night I always wake up with it very messy and tangled.  Not fun!  That might work for you or else I would try showering in the morning.  I use a leave in conditioner after I shower.  It helps keep my hair moisturized and I also think that it helps handle frizz in summer humidity (which you might not be worried about).  I have found that the leave in conditioners at the drug stores/grocery stores work just as well as one at the salon so I would just get that.  I like thermasilk but the others have also posted brands that are great to try.    
kkxlovesxyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkxlovesxyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 5:11pm

hi

im new to this site but i think i could maybe help you even though you have gotten a ton of advice anyway...

i'm a swimmer and the chlorine drys out my hair and makes it frizzy so i found a leave in conditioner that works wonderfully, it is called smooth. the brand is grund and its a detangling leave in conditioner it keeps your hair soft and smooth and untangled its also a chlorine block, volumizer, and has an spf of 15

i like it alot so i would recomend it alot!!

i hope it helps

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 2:06am
I can never go to bed with wet hair and expect it to look nice in the morning!Angry
Can you buy a blow dryer? Look for one that is IONIC,as they help reduce frizz and make hair smoother.They are a tad bit more expensive (between twenty to thirty dollars) but well worth the buy.

Also,pantene spray leave in conditioner is pretty good.I use it on my daughter's hair because she also gets knots,has wavy hair, and her hair is unmanageable in the mornings.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 5:47am
there is an Aussie leave in look a like at Sallys, I love it, it comes in a big-ole black and white bottle i love it.
LavenderPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavenderPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2008 at 7:46pm
you gotta try My honey child hair products, krika has many leave in's which I tried and did wonders for my hair, I love her sunlo spray leave in mist which is for sure a light mist, her hair cooktail leave in spray is another medium leave in which is fabulous, I also love her pour out aloe leave in, this one is MY TOPS!!!! I LOVE krikas products, another hair products is karens body beautiful hair products, Im waiting for her stuffs to get here, i hear her leave in's are fantastic!!!www.karensbodybeautiful.com  give us some reviewsThumbs%20Up
thab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 7:53am
Paul Mitchell do some great detanglers. They are the products used in alot of salons

You can find them at cheap prices on:

:)

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic