Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AdamskiAirsoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamskiAirsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair suggestions
    Posted: February 01 2007 at 10:57pm
I've started to not like my hair the way it is, and am a very reactive decision maker and don't like to experiment else-wise.

The procedure with my hair is, shower, shampoo, wash, conditioner, wash, put on hat for 30-60 minutes. It drys around the 45 minute mark. At which point it looks like this http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3462/a001nz9.jpg for the rest of the day.

I was wondering if there were any suggestions to making it lie flat and not poofing out, and if you think it would look half way decent? I've tried getting it thinned, layered, and stuff from local hair cutters, but they don't do anything.

I've been recently thinking about getting it short, but was looking for suggestions. I don't want to use moose/gel on my hair, because I find it nastyish. I'm looking at skin short, with pricks of hair coming up enough to see the color your hair is, or uberly flat on your face short-medium length.

I've also been thinking about dyeing it white/silverish. Like this color: http://www.haircrazy.info/Photos/gallery2/d/1831-3/tony_igoraroyal_antiorangeconcentrate_platinum2.jpg

However, just any suggestions you have for me. I have blue eyes, a little line of freckles, and wear dress shirts and long sleve shirt under polo usually. (I've been known to look somewhat demonic at times, and thought the white hair would not only look pretty cool, but kind of help that. I'm not really demonic, satanic, but really think it be great to look like it.)

Also, please post pictures of the style you have in consideration if you can. Thanks!
cryption View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 2:56am
What I'd say is invest in some night straighteners and rely on them to flatten your hair. That's really the only way I can see hair with that sort of volume lying flat (consider yourself lucky, girls like me go to great lengths to achieve volume in their thin, flat hair!). The only other way I can think of is using straightening serums and blow drying but I'm pretty suire that's not going to flatten your hair to the extent where you'll be happy!

As for your cut, I quite like it. I'd say a little less fringe, however, since your hair is so thick. Also, maybe get it a wee bit shorter than is pictured but I think you have lovely hair so don't cut off too much!!

I'd say no to the platinum, personally. What I'd say is go slightly BLONDER than white...that is, go for a colour that is more between absolute white and honey blonde.

also, remember that bleaching it will damage your hair and require the regrowth (roots) to be touched up every couple of months to create flawless colour!
longhairedbrune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairedbrune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 3:54pm
youcan try not wearing a hat,
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2007 at 9:01pm
I think your color looks great. With thicker hair blunt cut havy bangs can be a litte much. Maybe these styles:

I know that some of these styles require gel type products but the tric to finding ones that aren't nasty is makeing sure they dry and leave your hair looking natural not wet and have a texture that is not super runny, sticky, or too thick.
March 2007:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic