Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help!!!!! My ends keep splitting abd breaking!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!!!! My ends keep splitting abd breaking!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baldspot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!!!!! My ends keep splitting abd breaking!!!!!
    Posted: March 16 2007 at 8:24pm
I got in this hair forum, and I felt like God sent me to let ALL OF YOU GUYS KNOW ABOUT THIS MERICLE PRODUCT!!!!! A while back, my sister brought this product called Horizons home. It was a Christmas present to all of the women in my family. ( 5 of us) She wrapped up a bottle of their vitamins, and this oil called emu oil. Reluctant as we usual are in our family to try new things we did anyway...and three months later were still on this amazing product and trying to get all sisters and brothers to give it a try and begin to see all the amazing results we all did. We are African's and have that strong, course hair, but somehow it would never seem to grow and sometimes would get brittle and break off. The vitamins work from the INSIDE OUT to giving the body with all the vitamins and minerals the body needs to start on the road of healthy strong wild growing hair!!!!..and the oil?!?!..Oh My Goodness, its God sent!!! You put it on your hair, as often as you like, and within weeks, you see the new growth sprouting out of your head!!!!..I had an inch of new growth in about 2 weeks...my older sister saw amazing changes and growth in a WEEK!!!..and my younger sister had to start wearing it natural because since sees been using it, her hair is growing out so fast she had to get it re braided twice because the new growth was soooo much...I thank God every night for this product..I've been on the website thousands of times, and each time, I almost get brought to tears. The information is so clear, and easy to understand, and sooo many people seem to have been helped soo much by it...people from all over, and every race!!!. I even read about some men that were losing their hair and though the only solution would be a hair transplant!!! they were using their most potent, product they carry..the Enzy Block...and in less than a month their hair has grown back completely!!! and to think they almost went and spend 5 thousand on hair transplant procedures!!!!...I'm tell you ladies!!!! and all of you guys can come back on here and thank me once you see how amazing this stuff is...It's all natural and not only helps with your hair, but your skin and nails...If there was a fire at my house right now, I could bet you one of the few things I would grab would include my emu oil and my Vitiams..haha...shhh don't tell anyone though..I just know the summer is coming around, and instead of getting some kind of weave done, or some other hair style to mask my hair that wasn't growing, and breaking and thining everywhere. I know by the summer I'll have another 5 or 6 inches of my real strong, health grown hair...Women everywhere how how priceless something like that is....don't we??..I'm so caught up in trying to let ya know...I almost forgot the site!!! WWW.HORIZONSHAIRCARE.COM !!!! EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS...AFTER WHAT THIS HAS DONE FOR ME. I WOULD BE A HORRIBLE PERSON IF I DIDN'T HELP OTHERS
Claudie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 5:42am
I concur with LadyEsquire, and Blackhoney.  It is important to have hair balanced with moisture and protein.  IMO, it is best to err on the side of moisture, then if that does not work, then do a protein treaatment.  Although ORS pak has a little protein, you might want to try that. Because, it also has moisturizing properties.

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 12:36pm
That was great LadyEsquire!! You are on it!
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 2:00pm
What Ladyesquire said. The only thing that I would had is that if you do the moisturizing she suggest and that doesn't work then do an Aphogee for damaged hair treatment. And then do weekly treatments with a light to med protein condish like Apoghee 2min recon. Blackstrap molasses also helps to stop breakage...you can mix 1/4 tsp in a bowl with a moisturizing conditioner. HTH
Hair album
pw:Romeo
LadyEsquire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyEsquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 1:18pm
Start off by dusting off the ragged or split ends.  Otherwise, the splits just travel up the hair shaft and worsen the condition of the hair. First and foremost, search and conquer those nasty ends!

Once you have done that, use moisturizers, not just oil.  Water-based moisturizers are probably best for you right now.  When your hair is breaking, it is because you either have a moisture imbalance or a protein imbalance.   Or you are styling it in a way that is causing too much stress. Sistaslick wrote a great article that explains the moisture/protein balance, and she lists products that are geared to each of these.

For us black women, most of the time, we need MOISTURE.  I am assuming that your hair is relaxed, and if it is, than the stripping of the chemical, makes our hair crave moisture even that much more.  If your hair is natural, then check out www.motowngirl.com, she is a great resource for natural hair and gives great advice on routines, products, home hair recipes, etc...

In the meantime, it sounds like you need to add more moisture to your regimen. 

Start off w/pre-poo treatments: honey is a great humectant, along with EVOO, coconut milk, blended avocado, avocado oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and a host of other oils.  You can mix a variation of these with a conditioner such as Dove Moisture  Con.  Warm it up in the microwave prior to applying it, and cover your hair with a plastic cap.  Or if you do not heat it, sit under a hair dryer. 

Next, look for some moisture-based shampoos.  I use Nexxus Therrappe.  Some women can share their prods and you can make your choice from there.

Then, and most importantly, incorporate a quality moisture-based conditioner.  I use Nexxus Humectress.  I usually use it in combination with a deep conditioning treatment, such as the Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Paks (in the little yellow packets at the BSS or even Wal-Mart) and sit under dryer for about 30 minutes, once every week.  Other women rave about KeraCare Humecto,  and many other conditioners.

On a daily basis, use a moisture-based moisturizer such as Elasta QP Mango Butter.  I have been wearing a lot of buns, so S-Curl is my most reliable moisturizer.  I have combined it with the Mango Butter, and my hair loves it. 

Lastly, seal the moisture in with the oil.  The oil does not provide moisture.  It simply coats the hair and traps the moisture in.  So if you add oil in first, then try to add the moisture afterwards, it will be counterproductive, 'cause the moisturizer will simply lay on top of the oil and not seap and moisturize your hair.  So it is important to moisturize first, and then seal with the oil.

Concentrate on the ends.  Maybe wear some protective styles that tuck the ends away for the next few weeks, to see if there are any changes with your breakage.

When needed, do protein treatments, to keep hair strong.  Do that on an as needed basis.  For instance, when my hair is feeling limp, mushy or if it seems that is lacking elasticity, I will add a protein.  For me, it seems to be every 3-4 weeks. And even yet still, I will mix the protein treatment in with a moisture-based condish such as Nexxus Therrappe.  Because my hair is always thirsty.

Lastly, when I started co-washing, I saw a tremendous difference in breakage as well.  I co-wash 3-4 days after my weekly deep conditioning treatments.

Edited by LadyEsquire - February 04 2007 at 1:22pm
journal: www.fotki.com/ladyesquire
email: ladyesquirehair@yahoo
horselover2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 9:39pm
If oil doesn't moisturize then what does?
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 6:36pm
.. Oil doesn't moisturize! --
horselover2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 3:14pm

So I know that my hair does grow, but my problem is that it keeps splitting and breaking off. I mean its so bad that earlier this morning I had a piece that what about an inch break offAngry. I need major help. I'm trying to grow my hair longer, but I'll never achieve that if it keep breaking off. What can I do? Someone please give me some tips. Just to let everyone know I do moisturize my hair with doo-gro stimulating oil every day and message my scalp for about 3 minutes also.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic