Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu flat iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Color_Diva928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedu flat iron
    Posted: February 05 2007 at 12:09pm
Hi!  I am patiently awaiting my new Sedu flat iron to arrive, and wanted to ask anyone who already uses the Sedu, do you put anything on your hair before you proceed to straighten it?  I have very long, wavy hair, that I love to wear straight, and have heard different things re: what to put apply (if anything) before using the flat-iron.  I always use a thermal conditioning spray, but also heard that an oil, like Bio Silk, for example, should also be applied beforehand to coat the hair.

Any thoughts/info you may have is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by Color_Diva928 - February 05 2007 at 12:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 1:26pm

No one??  I did what I should've done in the first place, which was ask my hairdresser and I got my answer...

karenTh10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenTh10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 3:45pm

Here's what I do to get my Sedu-perfect hair:

* Wash and condition with basic shampoo and conditioner--nothing fancy

* Put in a straightening lotion (for the static control and to give some extra weight/body to my fine hair--it doesn't impact the straightening at all since the Sedu doesn't need any help there)

* Blow-dry with fingers (I make no attempt to straighten during the dry--it's less work this way and since the Sedu does all the straightening work, there's no reason to do anything beforehand. I'm blow-drying just to get the water out of my hair.)

* Straighten with the Sedu

Also, I have successfully straighted with the Sedu when I've taken my hair down from the Chignon-like twist I use on days when I don't want to do my hair. The Sedu straightens my twisted, kinked up hair with no problem. So, the fact that you might not want to work on your hair in the morning in no way impacts your ability to straighten your hair later in the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 8:42am
Thanks, Karen.  My stylist gave me the same advice, and it works like a charm.  The Sedu is a Godsend!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 10:37pm
Try using some Redken Heat Glide before using your Sedu. If you think you like it now, you will love love love it then.
fashion Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 4:20pm
I just started using my 1 and a half inch Sedu this past week. I will be retiring my Chi.   I don't know if my hair is sleeker because I can get a better hold of the Sedu paddle or if the Sedu is just better made. I will have to say, there is no snagging or catching of my hair with the Sedu like with the Chi. I felt like my hair was always breaking or getting pulled out of my head from the Chi.

The larger paddle is also faster for me since I have lots of long, thick hair.
Fashion Girl
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 12:30pm
Do u have to order the Sedu from online? Cuz all this good talk about it.Makes me wanna buy one.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 12:31pm
Yeah, you have to get it online at Folica.com. But the shipping is free and it is really fast.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 12:39pm

I agree with Slipknothartgir. I want one too.

fashion Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 4:19pm
Folica.com is the way to go. They have all the big name products, best prices and free shipping. Also. they offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
Fashion Girl
Jessica81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by fashion Girl fashion Girl wrote:

I just started using my 1 and a half inch Sedu this past week. I will be retiring my Chi.   I don't know if my hair is sleeker because I can get a better hold of the Sedu paddle or if the Sedu is just better made. I will have to say, there is no snagging or catching of my hair with the Sedu like with the Chi. I felt like my hair was always breaking or getting pulled out of my head from the Chi.

The larger paddle is also faster for me since I have lots of long, thick hair.

I'm such a fan of the Chi, but now I'm curious about Sedu, thanks for the details.
Electro Fairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:23pm
At the moment, I think I am getting the Sedu Flat Iron for my birthday in May. I have been researching all the good flat irons, and it seems Sedu is the one.

I have very thick curly hair, Do you have any recomendations? Like should I really blow dry it straight first, or is the Sedu amazing and I wont have to? Tips and hints would be good.

Also, considering my hair type, thick, unruley, curly, frizzy; is the Sedu the one for me?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 5:55pm
The Sedu is will get your hair super straight even if you don't blow dry first. However, your results will be much much better and will last much longer if you blow dry first. Specially if you have curly frizzy hair.

When you blow dry first (and that is with any iron) and then flat iron, the hair will look naturally straight, have more fluidity, defy humidity, have more body and more shine. So it is worth it to spend the extra time blow drying. But for emergencies or when you are short on time you can just flat iron.
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 6:33pm
The Sedu is AMAZING. Problem is that any flat-iron is not good for your hair.....but if You must, use the Sedu...just my 2 cents

Edited by JB521 - July 23 2007 at 6:37pm
came from a super-short razor cut. CG since April 2008
3a-M-iii

kelleyh2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelleyh2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 7:45pm
I would also like to recommend to you the PHI Flat Iron, for the price of 49.99 it worked as well as if not better than my CHI Flat Iron, I put there website below for you to see. Good luck!!!
libert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 8:47am

Hi Shary  i am new in this forum.   Last nite I posted a message for you but i am not sure i posted it in the right place.  there were some questions about your hair rutine. If you come across with it please give some advise.  I was  planning to buy one of those flat iron in the mall and thank to this site I change my mind.  I am planning to buy a sedu instead.

thank 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic