Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Planning on dreads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planning on dreads
    Posted: March 02 2007 at 9:15am
Well all i know is usually every 2 weeks my homeboi gets his retwisted. also... ur hair is basically twisted and bundled up wit the wax so it can keep the lock form.. i dont think it hurts..and the shapeup is to keep ur tape line and ur hair lookin sharp
easts1d3raider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easts1d3raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 9:47pm

Watsup, I've been thinkin about gettin dreads for the longest time now, throughout the year. I am Black/white so my hair is inbetween. It isnt nappy and it isnt straight. A few years ago I had a real big fro and then i braided it. At that time I wanted to go back to short hair after having all that hair for three years. I cut it regularly since then, two years ago. Now I want to grow my hair again and get locks.

I wanted to know a few things. I heard you have to get the locks re twisted every now and then. How often must you get them retwisted and if you go to a shop to get them done how much does it usually cost? And does it hurt like gettin ur braids done?

Also is it recomended to get a shapeup before gettin locks and while you have them? Or should u grow all your hair together without a shapeup?

Thanks for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic