Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Really long hair on little boys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anniex123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anniex123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really long hair on little boys
    Posted: February 16 2007 at 6:05am
I'm curious if anyone else has seen this. In the last six months I've had seven little boys in my store with hair at least mid-back. Two have had waist-length hair. A couple had straight hair but most had gorgeous full heads of curls. Ages have varied from 4 to 7.

These kids are REALLY girly looking. If it weren't for their moms saying they were boys when I complemented her "daughters" hair, I'd have never even guessed they were male.

Is this a new trend? Anyone else seen boys with hair like that? Have I missed some TV show with a boy with ultra long hair (that seems to be where things like this originate)?

Thanks

Oh, and my partner reminded me we had one boy with his hair French braided.
Annie
Stevie107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 10:27pm

would love to know more about this

sarannan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2009 at 10:51pm
I had a friend who kept her boy's hair long well past two. It was so
curly and cute. I wanted to keep our son's and wish I had just a bit
longer. But, we had it cut at 13 months, after his one year pictures,
so we could see how long it had grown in his first year. Wouldn't you
know it, of the three children, my son has the best hair with texture
and a wave?? Red, too!! lol My two dds have very fine hair and hard to
style. We just got the 4 yos hair cut the other day for the very first
time!!!

Edited by Administrator - July 06 2012 at 2:15pm
Daisy :) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2011 at 11:42am
Us mothers are the main cause of these long haired boys. One reason is that they cannot bare to cut their first locks of hair, another is that they wanted a girl (this is not a likely reason) and another is that the boy has very open minded parents, and does not mind what hairstyle their son has.
     This was true with my son. Firstly, I wanted his hair to be a bit longer, just because it would look better. So, when he was 6, he had it to shoulder length for a year. I would tie it in a low ponytail when he was at school. Then he asked me if he could have it longer, so I let him. And from 7 years old, his hair grew to waist length. At waist length, it became quite hard to manage. So French braids became quite popular then, even at school.
      So basically, French braids are a natural conclusion to long hair, I have to say they are still very useful for my son.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Daisy
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 3:38pm
Long hair is back. It seems more and more teens I see on the street they are wearing long hair. It doesn't bother  me as long as it is clean.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic