Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice - Pictures of My Hair Long & Short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice - Pictures of My Hair Long & Short
    Posted: February 17 2007 at 3:26pm

I need some help! I cut my hair about a month ago. I am loving it short... but I think I want to go shorter. Or should I let it grow again? I don't have the best picture of my hair short.. I also think it makes me look like a 10 year old with it short. But it's so much easier to fix and manage short. What do you think? I am thinking I want it cut a lot shorter in the back, similar to Posh Spice. I think it's called a stacked bob? Let me know what you think I should do and feel free to post some pics of suggestions!! I appreciate your help!!

LONG:

ANOTHER LONG:

NOW, SHORT:
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 4:12pm
All the pics are basically the same style - just a diff. in length.
I think the stacked bob would be a good idea - probably about chin length or a little longer.  I would also go shorter with the bangs - you could still get them cut to blend into the sides.
You don't look like a 10 yr. old boy in any of your pics!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 8:10am
I Would do it with out a doubt. You have the neck line for a stacked / gradiated bob. Have your stylist take it short in the nape and blend the side into it. The bangs are fine. Leave length to tuck behind the ears if desierd. You will look greater!!!!!
Mike  
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 7:37am
Originally posted by lemonlime lemonlime wrote:

I need some help! I cut my hair about a month ago. I am loving it short... but I think I want to go shorter. Or should I let it grow again? I don't have the best picture of my hair short.. I also think it makes me look like a 10 year old with it short. But it's so much easier to fix and manage short. What do you think? I am thinking I want it cut a lot shorter in the back, similar to Posh Spice. I think it's called a stacked bob? Let me know what you think I should do and feel free to post some pics of suggestions!! I appreciate your help!!

LONG:

ANOTHER LONG:

NOW, SHORT:

Of these 3 pictures I think the first one fits your personality best and I also think it looks the best as well. The simple bob in the 3rd picture just doesn't seem to fit your image at all.

I see you with more of a fun hairstyle that has alot of flair and a more daring style that you could easily pull off. Something like this....

Although your hair does look great long but a style like I've just posted would look great too and you could pull it off.

You definately want something that shows texture in the hair.....it would suit you well.

Sjeanke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjeanke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 9:59am
A great idee lemonlime!!!!!!!! Wink
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 10:55am
I agree with mikecuts suggestion; I too think that you'll look awesome with a graduated bob.
HAWG
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 1:11pm
I agree go for the Pob (Posh Bob).

Short at the back and stack it high.  I think you will look younger with it shorter Wink
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 1:44pm
Blonde and a short stacked bob.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 8:11pm
Here's a great site for inverted bobs:

After the page loads, scroll down towards the bottom, click on the big rectangle, wait for the images to load and then click on a style on the left to display in the middle.  The bad thing about this site is that I haven't figured out how to download the pictures but there are numerous variations.  I think there are a total of four galleries.  Have fun!!!  Let us know what you decide.
HAWG
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:20pm
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I'm trying to find the perfect picture, and then I'll get my appt. Here are some I found on the internet that I like:

I really like this one a lot! Just kinda hard to see the back since her hair is darker.

Here's the back of another cut I found.. I don't like how thick it looks though.

I really need a good picture of the BACK VIEW.. hard to find! Let me know what yall think!

lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:21pm
Oh, and after I cut it, I will take a picture of the back for yall... and for anyone else who is desperately looking like me!! :)
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 1:11pm
What's up...I think you would look great with the type of style that Victoria Beckham has, you already look hot with your current style but could totally pull this look off.  Let me know what you think.

hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:00pm

Check out Kristina Lenko's hair, in her gallery under Personal

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 8:45pm

Lemonlime,

This cut would look wonderfull on you. Have a look at the link it's worth it. Just have the sides cut to blend into your bangs if they are not that  long. I would not have the bangs cut any shorter than needed. I still love the tuck behind the ears. If not you will have them in your eyes all the time. You have nice facial features. Don't hide them. Keep me posted.
Mike
Sjeanke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjeanke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 9:32am

Perhaps go very short at the neckline

SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 6:00pm
i honestly think that short hair would not suit you at all i think it would look great if you had your hair like in the 2nd pic. Youre reall pretty, you could pull it of perfectly
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 11:17pm

u seem to have the perfect hair for it, any of these (PICS OF MY WIFES BOBCUT)  i feel would look spectacular on you  GO FOR IT!  my wife cut her hair from LONG to SHORT almost 4 years ago and has kept it bobbed short ever since i love it as does she it is very sexy and more manageable    good luck......................

side%20view%20of%20new%20christmas%20bob%20with%20light%20brown%20streaksback%20of%20bob%20jan%202005close%20up%20of%20back%20of%20new%20clipped%20bob%20june%2006the%20most%20perfect%20angled%20haircut%20EVER!very%20nice%20angled%20bob%20cutthe%20best%20haircut%20ever!!!!a-line%20stacked%20bob%20haircut%20PERFECTthe%20BIG%20cut,%20SUMMER%202004,%20LONG%20TO%20VERY%20SHORT%20MAKEOVER!!!!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
CURLYRED View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CURLYRED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 9:42am
MIKE,
  YOU SOUND LIKE YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO CUT HAIR.CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CUT A SHORT CURLY GRADUATED,STACKED BOB,SO I CAN TAKE TO SALON WITH ME? I CANNOT FIND A HAIR SALON THAT TRULY KNOWS HOW TO CUT NATURALLY CURLY HAIR. I DONT THINK THIS IS TAUGHT IN BEAUTY SCHOOL.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME.
                                                  THANKS           
                                              CURLYRED
                                          MAILPOUCH06@AOL.COM
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 9:43pm
Send it to me also Mike, thanks, Mark
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 5:57pm
Curlyred,
Natural curly hair is easier to cut but care should be taken not to hold too much tension on the hair when cutting. It also is easier to hide mistakes! Poker straight hair needs to be perfect in the lines desired. I can't say that this is not taught in schools today. I would just be very positive and reinforce the style that you wish. Not knowing your length it's hard to say how to cut and style it. Maybe a picture or let us know more about it.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic