Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice - Pictures of My Hair Long & Short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
natmore11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natmore11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 5:00pm
you are going to look amazing it this cut! so when is your appointment?
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Snipette Snipette wrote:

Lemonlime,

This might be more you.

But go as short as you dare, because once cut it will just be a little too long and you wish you had gone shorter.  Also it will grow back Smile

Go on have some fun

For anyone who cuts hair... if I go this short in the back... will clippers have to be used along the neckline? I hate when hair is like shaved in the back and it looks ugly when it starts growing back. I usually get my haircut only every 2 months. I don't want to have more upkeep if I go shorter!
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by natmore11 natmore11 wrote:

you are going to look amazing it this cut! so when is your appointment?

I'll make my appointment near the end of March. I'm anxious though... I want it cut now, but I try to make my highlights last as long as possible!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 5:15pm
Clippers cuts feel awesome, i get a 1-1/2 on the back and side with a 4 or 5 on the top.  My wife hates the 4 on top, but it lasts longer.  Dont fear the clippers!  If you like the cut, they can use clippers to do the back or a pair of scissors, either will do the job.
 Good luck, and dont be scared!  The shorter cut makes you look and feel more confident about yourself.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 9:16pm
Lemonlime,
My sister-inlaw stopped over for a cut. She did not wnat to go as short as the last time but have a look. She wanted a cross from chin length and a inverted bob.
Have a look and let me know

Thanks Mike
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:23am
Lemonlime,

You won't need clippers for the back, and I think the combination of this style and Poshs older style would look really good together.  I can't wait to see the results and i'm glad that you have found a style you want. Thumbs%20Up
Sjeanke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjeanke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 8:45am
Go for it Lemonlime, it will be fantastic!!
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 11:55am
I cross posted with Conrad and also wanted to send these pics into this thread for lemonlime. I thought of your conundrum when printing these pics for my wife.  She doesn't want it really short again and I have read your fear of going too short.  Hope they help. 
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by tba99 tba99 wrote:

I cross posted with Conrad and also wanted to send these pics into this thread for lemonlime. I thought of your conundrum when printing these pics for my wife.  She doesn't want it really short again and I have read your fear of going too short.  Hope they help. 

VERY CUTE.... the back is so short, and I'm scared to go this short... I wish I wasn't bc this cut is adorable... who is this girl???
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by lemonlime lemonlime wrote:

For anyone who cuts hair... if I go this short in the back... will clippers have to be used along the neckline? I hate when hair is like shaved in the back and it looks ugly when it starts growing back. I usually get my haircut only every 2 months. I don't want to have more upkeep if I go shorter!

This one and Victoria B's hair don't have to be achieved with clippers. It depends on the stylist. Anything an inch or less can be achieved with clippers, but a good stylist can do scissor over comb. It depends on their preference.

Since you have a little time, call up your stylist and ask for ten minutes of her time. Ask your questions. "Can I have this long in front with this short in back?" "Will you use clippers?" You shouldn't get a haircut unless you're confident with the stylist and what you'll look like.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:20pm
You will get you hair cut short and you will love it.  Then you will want it shorter b/c it will be easier to handle and "do" in the morning/evening.  Then you will go hunting this pic down to show your stylist:)  That is where my wife is in her stage of short hair.

Good luck, bring both photos to your stylist, and get her opinion.  It will always grow back for free, but it costs you to cut it shorter again!

Post some picks if you can, i will do the same of my wife.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by conrad conrad wrote:

You will get you hair cut short and you will love it.  Then you will want it shorter b/c it will be easier to handle and "do" in the morning/evening.  Then you will go hunting this pic down to show your stylist:)  ....

Predictively encouraging, or aggressively creepy?  I will assume your intent is the former.  Reading your first sentence, though, I imagined it being voiced by Hogan's Heroes' Sargeant Schultz (heh).
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:09pm
Definately encouraging, been thru it with my wife, and only after months of encouragement, did she get it cut shorter.  Positive reinforcement is always better when it comes to someones fears about their looks.

I will watch my wording better;)
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:34pm
Hey Lemonlime,  Her name is Rebecca Clumm and she was one of the first batch of contestants on Grease You're The One That I Want.  My wife's stylist likes to use a razor for a softer look and better growing.  She makes an appointment every 6 weeks.  Here we are 3 days from her appointment and she still looks great. 
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 12:03pm

tba99, 

Can you post a pic of the back and sides?  That would be helpful to show my wife.
Thanks

Edited by conrad - March 06 2007 at 12:04pm
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 12:15pm
I will try and get some pics Thursday.  She is leaving for a week on Friday so it may not happen but I can let you know.  Again, I have seen some people get funky when pics are mentioned but not posted so I am not promising.
Conrad - sounds like your wife liked the above shots.

Edited by tba99 - March 06 2007 at 12:16pm
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 1:03pm
No problem, I understand.  My wife doesnt know she is posted here with a blurred face.....i may tell her about it if she starts to get iffy again about her cut.   Her next appointment is next Thursday.

Thanks!

Edited by conrad - March 06 2007 at 1:04pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 1:28pm

Which style did she choose?

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 9:46am
So, Lemonlime, when is the big day?

Good luck, you will look great!
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:54pm
My appointment is next Friday (March 30) but I think I'm just trimming it and re-doing my highlights because I'm going to the beach for spring break, and I want to be able to put my hair up in a ponytail.. but after that, I'm chopping it again! (end of May)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic