Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions Advice!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:00pm
    You are still doing it. At least your insults are more tempered,(quote:what you class as good hair extensions) you almost slipped that one past.
    I don't know why people try to mask their crappy personality flaws as "being honest", "have the right to speak my mind", sorry, just my opinion", "it's how I feel".  There's a way to say everything and you know it. Most people learn how to be kind to others in kindergarten, you must have skipped that grade, watch some Barney tapes, see if that works.
   I am quite sure that I'm not the first person i the course of your life, probably this week, to speak on your problem. You just choose to ignore them. Everybody can't be wrong. When people who don't know each other tell you the same thing, listen to them, save yourself some grief.
    You were being rude, nasty, insulting, and dismissive. Disingenuous? You were blatantly lying!!! Everybody has their favorite products, techniques and suppliers but we don't tell people they're ignorant and misinformed because they don't choose ours.
  Yes, I'm new to this board but I've viewed many other posts and forums before posting. I've rarely seen your level of snottiness. At least they stood corrected, you just press right on.
   The question isn't why I'm speaking on behalf of the forum, the question is why are you speaking so fervently on behalf of that salon and Dome? Dome didn't invent synthetic hair. They're not the only brand out there. They order hair from somebody just like everyone else. That salon isn't the only and not the first to ever do extensions. When I contact them both this week I'll make sure to let them know that they need to train their reps better.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

You are still doing it. At least your insults are more tempered,(quote:what you class as good hair extensions) you almost slipped that one past.
    I don't know why people try to mask their crappy personality flaws as "being honest", "have the right to speak my mind", sorry, just my opinion", "it's how I feel".  There's a way to say everything and you know it. Most people learn how to be kind to others in kindergarten, you must have skipped that grade, watch some Barney tapes, see if that works.
   I am quite sure that I'm not the first person i the course of your life, probably this week, to speak on your problem. You just choose to ignore them. Everybody can't be wrong. When people who don't know each other tell you the same thing, listen to them, save yourself some grief.
    You were being rude, nasty, insulting, and dismissive. Disingenuous? You were blatantly lying!!! Everybody has their favorite products, techniques and suppliers but we don't tell people they're ignorant and misinformed because they don't choose ours.
  Yes, I'm new to this board but I've viewed many other posts and forums before posting. I've rarely seen your level of snottiness. At least they stood corrected, you just press right on.
   The question isn't why I'm speaking on behalf of the forum, the question is why are you speaking so fervently on behalf of that salon and Dome? Dome didn't invent synthetic hair. They're not the only brand out there. They order hair from somebody just like everyone else. That salon isn't the only and not the first to ever do extensions. When I contact them both this week I'll make sure to let them know that they need to train their reps better.
ClapClapClapClapClap
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 7:37am

Thanks for the reply I stand corrected you appear to know much about hair extension especially monofibre, why is that? As mentioned I have being doing my research and I am lead to believe that Antenna hair salon created the Caucasian hair extensions market is that true? If not who did?

Also please don't try to make assumptions of me, I think that terribly unfair, let’s just stick to the facts please…

Thank you !Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 7:59am
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 11:47am
This is what I found on Monofibres website.

Dome Cosmetics owns the world famous Antenna hair salon in Kensington, London and you can find out more about Antenna at their website.

Now we know the connection between your salon and Dome.
White people have been wearing wigs and falls for centuries. Egyptians wore them over a millenia ago.
Your salon must be very old. I do apologize. I was not aware that you all were the ones who made the wigs for the 17th century kings, queens and noblemen in London.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 12:07pm

Your salon must be very old. I do apologize. I was not aware that you all were the ones who made the wigs for the 17th century kings, queens and noblemen in London.
LOLLOLLOLLOL This just gets funnier and funnier!!!!
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 12:11pm
  EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 1:04pm

I've been keeping up with her posts. You know she's been going through editing them so that it appears that everyone is picking on her for no good reason.  Cry     

We have to quote her in our posts because she changes them around after we respond.
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 2:42pm
Sarah

Your Salon keeps extentions stocked in their salon? They do not have to order it? wow.  The extentions must be very "affordable" for them to do that.
Both times I have had extentions(w/in the last 6months)both salons had to order the hair and wait for it- no more than 3-4days though.

s

Hi All,

I've been for my appointment at a beautiful little salon told to me by Dome Cosmetics salon locator, I got to the salon, I sat down I was treated really well! I then had a consultation,  they then applied the Monofibre to my hair. It took about 3 hours, that's pretty quick in terms of getting hair extensions - I'm told.  I'm honestly very happy with it, my hair feels tso good and I've had dozens of compliments since I've put the monofibre extensions in!

It's a big thumbs up for me...

Keep in touch...

Sarah
s
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 3:11pm

I've been keeping up with her posts. You know she's been going through editing them so that it appears that everyone is picking on her for no good reason.  Cry     

We have to quote her in our posts because she changes them around after we respond.
Yes I noticed.. This is certainly becoming more entertaining by the minute!LOLLOL

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2007 at 8:41am
Ok let me hit some facts upon yu guys

I met teresa bullock, she WORKED at the antenna salon when they first started experimenting with extensions..

It is true that they were ONE OF the 1st salons to break through into extensions, they are the mastermind behind dome, and obviously dome invented dome hair..   back then they used to attach the hair with candle wax and to remove it youd have to cut your hair off.. they did make a huge breakthrough when they invented dome, and other salons followed in their footsteps, but just because they were one of the first, doesnt make them the best.

They are NOT exclusively the only monofibre sellers, for them to say that is egotistical and naiive...

just look at prostyles, they are easily as popular-if not more so than dome. 
then look at www.afrocare.com - they sell monofibre

then look at www.plastikhaar.ch - they sell monofibre as well!!

These from what i can gather are the main monofibre stockists but im sure there will be others out there

EVERY salon you go to will tell you that their method is the best, and 9 times out of 10, you'll believe that and go thinking everything else sucks.. but trust me it doesnt, they are trying to gain another customer.. they are hardly going to say that human hair is more easy to style so you should try that too, are they?? they want your ££

The only way to find the method that is truely the best for you is to experiment, try different sorts.  X

Edited by kateadreena - June 09 2007 at 8:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic