Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Short hair and wanting to go shorter, but scared
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair and wanting to go shorter, but scared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short hair and wanting to go shorter, but scared
    Posted: February 23 2007 at 9:21pm
My wife has finally taken the plunge into a shorter haircut.  Above the neck bob with long bangs.  She loved it and now wants to go a little shorter in the back, i guess an inverted bob or stacked up.  It took her over a year to get up enough nerve to cut it like it is now, and she looks great.  So i am scowering the internet for pics for her.  From a husbands perspective, what can i do/say to ease her anticipation/fear of the shorter cut that she really wants but is fearful of.  I would love to see her with a angled bob that hikes up in the back.  But i dont want her to think that i dont like what she currently has.  Sorry for the ramble, but i hope someone knows what i am talking about.  Her hairdresser thinks the same as me, should i chat with her also about how to ease the wifes anxiety?

HELP Please, for my wifes peace of mind and my own.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 9:24pm

BTW, my wife has an oval face, about 5'1 and 105lbs with brown hair/with highlights.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 9:57pm
"But i dont want her to think that i dont like what she currently has. "

If she is anything like my wife, you are in a no win situation. 
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 7:39am

Conrad, If she's thinking of going shorter anyway it will look like you are supporting her decsion. When you show her what you would like, say you like her current style but think the new one would look even better on her. Before you know it she'll have booked an appointment and can't wait to jump in the stylists chair. Go with her for support so you can watch the cut too.Big%20smile Inverted or stacked would be fantastic. Post some before and after picture too if you can.

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 8:19am
What is the difference b/w an inverted bob and a stacked bob?
Sorry, but I cant determine what the difference is, any picks would be helpful.  I would love to see  a clipped nape on her, but that would take some time, well take baby steps.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 8:46am
ConfusedHere are some picks that we have looked at.

Inverted? Stacked?

My wife is comming back in town today and is planning to go to her stylist sometime this week.  She got her hair cut last week and complained about the back being too long.  So i am trying to plan on how to show her the images.

Thanks in advance for ya'lls help!

Edited by conrad - February 24 2007 at 8:55pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2007 at 3:10pm
how long was her hair befofe she went shorter?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2007 at 4:29pm
Conrad I love the picture from the KL (Kristina Lenko) website. Very cool. If you could get your wife to have that style it would be fantastic.
Just say to your wife that you know she was moaning the back was too long so you went on the internet to try and find the style she had discribed so she could show the stylist when she went back.  Keep it as close to the truth as possible, as lies just get out of control and she will smell a rat.  Plus when you show her the picture you could point out your favourite and tell her that you think that style would look particularly good on her.  You never know your luck, she might agree and get it done. 

Good Luck and post some pictures if your don't mind of your wife with long hair , her current style and hopefully the one you want her to have.

All the Best Wink
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2007 at 10:12pm

Here she is now, and yes, i smudged up her face, she is absolutely beautiful, but if she knew i posted her image, she would kill me.

Edited by conrad - May 04 2007 at 1:56pm
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 2:13pm
Conrad,

I don't blame you for smudging the picture my wife would kill me too.  I have a picture of another style that might suite your wife but i don't know how to post it.  I tried copy and paste but no joy. If you can tell me how to post them, i will post it next time i'm on.
I see she means by a bit too long still. It's that in between length but still suits her.  I have a feeling she would look good with most styles.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 2:23pm

At the bottom right corner, there is a "post reply" button (next to the new topic button), NOT the quick reply button.  Click on that and in the center row of icons, there is one that is a tree.  this is the add image icon, just click that and browse to where the pic is, then hit upload and "ok" then it should work.  You cant do it in the "quick reply" mode.  I had to try and figure that out also, i cant wait to see the pick.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by conrad - February 26 2007 at 2:24pm
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 2:30pm
 As you wife has a sort of fringe (bangs) this might look better on her. What do you think?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 2:33pm
That looks great, i'll pass it along to her.

I appreciate it!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 11:46pm
your wife's hair looks very cute...seems like any of these styles would look good on her too.Good luck!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 9:11am
Thanks a lot for the pic, my wife loves it!  She wants to know if there are any pics of the other side of her head to see what the other side does to show her hairdresser.  It resembles Sarah Hardings new shorter do, see picks......Does anyone else have an idea of what the other side should look like?

Edited by conrad - March 01 2007 at 11:27am
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 6:31pm
I have both side if this one though
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 6:33pm
and heres the other side.Big%20smile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 8:01pm
Those are great, thanks.  Still here at work, aaaaagh.  Damn those taxes!
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:30am
Grease%20Youre%20The%20One%20That%20I%20Want%20Screenshots%20Week%20OneMy wife is currently going from a shorter cut to bit  longer (eye level) to now between earlobe and chin.  I have always liked the inverted bob look but different stylists haven't cut the back correctly so she thinks she doesn't want it stacked again.  Yet when it has been done correctly she looked great and it grew in nicely.  We were watching Grease - You're the One that I Want and she noticed the pharmaceutical rep and liked the haircut.  What I noticed was that when the girl danced and swung around the haircut was angled up in the back.  With some effort I was able to grab some screenshots to print and send to the stylist on Thursday when she goes.  She already took some pics that I video taped off the TV (pretty crappy) and the stylist starting cutting it to grow in that way.  With the discussions that have been occurring I thought Conrad (and maybe even lemonlime from another thread) might appreciate the screenshots for all around views.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/tba99/tarashaircut.jpg

Edited by tba99 - March 05 2007 at 9:50am
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:46am
Thanks for the photos, can you tell me what her name was on the show, and will try and find some more picks.  I like the way they look, expecially the last row!

I will forward to my wife tonight.

Edited by conrad - March 05 2007 at 9:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic