Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Short hair and wanting to go shorter, but scared
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair and wanting to go shorter, but scared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
sweetjessie76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetjessie76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 7:41am
Conrad, I have this cut and I hate it. I have lots of hair and it doesn't flow right. Instead the inverted bob looks chuncky. I've been trying to grow it out since last summer and it's been a long process. I would really consider the weight of her hair before trying a style such as this one. Trust me, It just doesn't look good.
Jessie
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:05am
Hey Conrad,  The beauty of the pics I included is that they are all the same cut with different actions and two different days.  Which I thought showed how the cut can look in real life not just hairmodel world.  The other pic from snippette you mentioned was pretty close just more rounding.  Have fun.  I think this has been a nice distraction during tax season.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 2:00pm
Which one do you have?  The Snipette or tba's.  My wifes hair is not really thick or weighty.  Do you have a pick that i could show her?

Thanks
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 2:01pm
Most definately a good distraction, much to the disdain of my partners im sure!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 6:54pm
Conrad,

Wasn't today the big day Smile

How did it go?  Did she go as short as you wanted?  Did she get the style she was after?

Let me know how it went.

SnipetteThumbs%20Up
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 7:19pm
Survey says.....Clap
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 8:00pm
Well, she cut it shorter in the back, kinda of an inverted bob.  It looks greatBig%20smile  Didn't do the stacked thing in the back although, not sure why?  But my wife likes it and that is all that matters.  She called when she left and said that "she(the stylist) cut it all off"  Which translates into a little shorter than last time.  Not sure if the back is undercut or not, i took a break from taxes to go eat at chucky cheese with her and the kids, so i did not get to do any "running fingers thru her hair" to see the length. 

She is happy, so i am happy.  Im sure, just like the last time she got it cut, that she will want it to be shorter or stacked in the back on the next go around.  I figure if she likes the cut, but it was not what she asked to have done, we will contact her friend that usually goes to New Orleans to have her hair cut, and get the name of her stylist.  We usually take a trip to N.O. (new orleans) after tax season, so maybe a different person will do something different, if she wants to.  Who knows?

Ill try to gets some picks and post them, maybe a few days though, and ya'll can shoot your opinions.

End result -  she is Big%20smile, i am Big%20smile
Thanks!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 8:16pm
I'm reallly glad you both like the style, and look forward to seeing the pictures Big%20smile

I hope your possible visit to N.O. happens so you both get what you want.Clap

Thumbs%20Up
tba99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tba99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 8:24pm
Clap Have fun and good luck with April 15.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 8:28pm
Thanks, I'll need it.  Maybe well go to N.O., get hammered and she'll want to get her hair cut completely differentWink

Only time will tell.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 1:31pm
You're hoping she'll go even shorter Wink LOL

If she's willing then fine just becareful not to push the issue.  You have to almost make it seem like she though of it. Big%20smile

All the best, but i'd be happy if she just got the cut she said she wanted last time.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 6:36pm
Found out why the cut was not like the picks.  My wife forgot to put the picks in her car before she went to work.  So she described what they looked like to her stylist.

She and I both like the cut, its shorter, which is what she wanted. Big%20smile
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 6:59am
Well, i snapped a shot of my wife yesterday while we were playing with the kids.  And yes, i did smudge up her face again, but this time it really looks bad....sorry.  But the cut is shown pretty good here.  Thanks for everyones help!Big%20smile

Well it seems there is an issue with uploading right now, so I will upload the pic a little later today.Angry

Edited by conrad - May 04 2007 at 1:57pm
Sjeanke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjeanke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 1:27pm
It's great conrad!!!!!!!! Wink
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 7:33pm
looks great cool style
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 10:57am
looks great... did she go a little darker too?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 11:19am
Her hair color changes shades quite often.  Nothing dramatic, just more or less highlights, red, brown, blondish.  She did go red one year like Renee Ruso(sp?) in the Thomas Crown affair.  That was a good color on her, and she like it.  I would love to see her blonde, but her stylist said that it would not go well with her skin tone (kinda olive - she tans great!), and that would be wayyyy to much of a change for her. 
Thanks!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 2:04pm
Would you mind posting pictures of her other hair styles?  Sounds like she changes often.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:56am
Here is a link to a few that I found the other night.  I didnt get a digital camera until about 2001, and the only ones that i could find were from 2005 until now b/c i back the older ones up on disk and they are in my safe.  Not enough time in the day to do everythingLOL

BAsically the same style, just shorter and a different color.  Could not find the Red haired Renee Ruso picks, they were most likely shot with 35mm and i would have to find them and scan them in.....maybe later.

Thanks

Edited by conrad - May 04 2007 at 2:16pm
lemonlime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:03pm
Your wife's new hair is very cute! It's good you are both happy!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/Radman77/189-8904_IMG2.jpg <-- this style is very similar to mine now! what a coincidence!

I like her color in the 3rd picture link!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic